House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Biddyboy

I Will Buy Your House

I was driving round the M25 this morning and saw a bright yellow Chrysler with “I will buy your house” emblazoned across the back with contact details. I did chuckle as I said under my breath “yeh, because no one else will.”

Anyone know what the business model is for these sorts of businesses (aside from the obvious, buy cheap and sell dear)?

I was driving round the M25 this morning and saw a bright yellow Chrysler with “I will buy your house” emblazoned across the back with contact details. I did chuckle as I said under my breath “yeh, because no one else will.”

Anyone know what the business model is for these sorts of businesses (aside from the obvious, buy cheap and sell dear)?

I assume they know they will attract the desperate who need to sell so, perhaps, know they will get the houses at knock-down prices, make knock-down offers?

oh no - this might turn into another "There is no such thing as Below market value as any sale sets the new market value" thread......oops sorry :P .

its just another manifestation of the "we will buy your house" junkmail.

Coming soon...

We buy any house, we buy any house, any shape, any size, any state, anywhere, webuyanyhouse.com

its just another manifestation of the "we will buy your house" junkmail.

I've never had that sort of junk mail so today was the first time I became aware of it. I was aware of equity release which is 'we buy half your house and then you give it to us later'. I was wondering if the existence of these 'we buy your house' people was a sign of something in the market but it is possible that they just never came into the bubble I live in.

As an aside, most of my junk mail is for local takeaways which does sometimes come in useful.

I've never had that sort of junk mail so today was the first time I became aware of it. I was aware of equity release which is 'we buy half your house and then you give it to us later'. I was wondering if the existence of these 'we buy your house' people was a sign of something in the market but it is possible that they just never came into the bubble I live in.

As an aside, most of my junk mail is for local takeaways which does sometimes come in useful.

Yea depends where you live. never used to recieve it in my last flat, but this one gets spammed quite a bit.

I might ride about with a "you're doomed, seriously, sell your house asap" sign on my back.

Coming soon...

We buy any house, we buy any house, any shape, any size, any state, anywhere, webuyanyhouse.com

F*ck f8ck ****** f%ck f£ck.

You had to go there, didnt you?

No amount of bleach is going to get that out of my head now.

F^cker!

mad.gifwink.gif

They're looking for motivated sellers to screw over. Once that's done they'll look for a bigger fool to sell it on.

There was a program on TV a few months ago outlining the shenanigans this type of company get up to. One couple featured ended up with their house being taken away to cover the buyers supposed legal and administration fees. Admittedly they did seem very naive.

I guess they're similar to the outfits that will buy your house and then let you rent it from them for ever. Or rather until they liquidate the company set up for the purpose leaving the seller badly out of pocket with nowhere to live.

They also sell them to buyers as below market value properties. It is nothing more than the obvious buy cheap, sell dear with cheating at both ends of each transaction.

They're looking for motivated sellers to screw over. Once that's done they'll look for a bigger fool to sell it on.

There was a program on TV a few months ago outlining the shenanigans this type of company get up to. One couple featured ended up with their house being taken away to cover the buyers supposed legal and administration fees. Admittedly they did seem very naive.

I guess they're similar to the outfits that will buy your house and then let you rent it from them for ever. Or rather until they liquidate the company set up for the purpose leaving the seller badly out of pocket with nowhere to live.

They also sell them to buyers as below market value properties. It is nothing more than the obvious buy cheap, sell dear with cheating at both ends of each transaction.

Thanks for that. I don't currently own a TV. It's a personal choice. Right now I'm rather enjoying the subjectivity that it gives me.