House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miko

Heinz Baked Beans

I picked up a small tin of Heinz Baked Beans in the supermarket tonight , last week they were 48p tonight they were 53p that is a rise of just over 10%. What other everyday items are people seeing going up by far more than the govenments fake inflation rate ?

I picked up a small tin of Heinz Baked Beans in the supermarket tonight , last week they were 48p tonight they were 53p that is a rise of just over 10%. What other everyday items are people seeing going up by far more than the govenments fake inflation rate ?

I just bought a tin for an eyewatering 66p in my local supermarket!

Thank god for the 10,000 investment tins I bought in 2009 at 36p..

I went to buy a packet of fruit pastels from Waterloo the other day at WHSmith. 81p plus £1.79 for 500ml of fanta.

I went without!

Still at least electronic devices are falling in value, as they always have done since they were invented. Glad we have them in the inflation basket.

Gruff, you clearly have missed the great baked bean thread of this week.

FYI, 4 cans of branston beans are 87p in Lidl tomorrow.

I noticed today that a bottle of fiary washing up liquid, standard size, is now about 20 grammes less than it used to be.

I noticed the block of emmental cheese I buy from Lidl still has the same wrapper but the cheese no longer is big enough to fill the wrapper.

Gruff, you clearly have missed the great baked bean thread of this week.

FYI, 4 cans of branston beans are 87p in Lidl tomorrow.

I noticed today that a bottle of fiary washing up liquid, standard size, is now about 20 grammes less than it used to be.

I noticed the block of emmental cheese I buy from Lidl still has the same wrapper but the cheese no longer is big enough to fill the wrapper.

Wife accused be of paranoia when I mentioned I thought my pack of Walkers Crisps had shrunk. Still think I'm right!

Lidl here i come!

Was staying at a friends house in a quite upmarket part of Hampshire a few weeks back. The village had one small co-op store so had no compertion and did they take the p-ss with the prices . Under arm spray which is £2.50 in my corner shop £2.89 in tescos and just £2 on special offer in Asda was a mouth watering £3.29. That was just one item everything was over priced by that kind of amount.

If you went in there and did a weekly shop they would need a mortgage counter for the customers in front of the check outs.

Was staying at a friends house in a quite upmarket part of Hampshire a few weeks back. The village had one small co-op store so had no compertion and did they take the p-ss with the prices . Under arm spray which is £2.50 in my corner shop £2.89 in tescos and just £2 on special offer in Asda was a mouth watering £3.29. That was just one item everything was over priced by that kind of amount.

If you went in there and did a weekly shop they would need a mortgage counter for the customers in front of the check outs.

Co-ops are not cheap. Convenient, yes; but not cheap.

If I bought £100,000 in toilet rolls, I'd think I'd doubled my money now. Bog rolls are far more useful than IOUS, as they are more kinder on the bottom.

Wife accused be of paranoia when I mentioned I thought my pack of Walkers Crisps had shrunk. Still think I'm right!

Lidl here i come!

Lidl butter was 3 weeks ago £1 then £1.10 and yesterday a shocking £ 1.19 thats is almost 20% in 3 weeks :o

Oh and by the way I'm German and watch German TV Lidl's Toilet rolls in Germany 2.39 Euro here £ 4.45 we are all stuffed :angry:

Lidl butter was 3 weeks ago £1 then £1.10 and yesterday a shocking £ 1.19 thats is almost 20% in 3 weeks :o

Oh and by the way I'm German and watch German TV Lidl's Toilet rolls in Germany 2.39 Euro here £ 4.45 we are all stuffed :angry:

Most of the public have no idea how badly they are going to be squeezed abd that the inflation injected into teh system already will probably affect them significantly for the rest of their lives. Others are waking up and taking pretty drastic action - getting rid of second cars and the like.

The banksters have really done it this time with their economic dirty protest.

Most of the public have no idea how badly they are going to be squeezed abd that the inflation injected into teh system already will probably affect them significantly for the rest of their lives. Others are waking up and taking pretty drastic action - getting rid of second cars and the like.

The banksters have really done it this time with their economic dirty protest.

Been saying it for years, the UK has become too expensive to live in.

We do our weekly shop at Lidl and Aldi, has all the things we need. The veg in aldi is actually of comparable quality to your sainsbury's and tesco's.

Example: packet of 3 peppers, about £1.29 in aldi - nearly £2 in rip-off tesco's/sainsbury's.

I'm noticing really high price inflation in the supermarkets.

500ml bottles of coke/diet coke/pepsi max - used to be £1, now £1.20 (20%)

pak-choi in tesco's - was £1 for 2, then went to £1.20 and now it's £1.25 ... 25% increase.

Tesco's also do these filo pastry largish parcels, occasionally get them as a weekend treat, they used to be about £3.40, now they are £4 (17%).

... double digit inflation on everything - bread, beans, tomato sauce, cheese ...

Local cash machine has started issuing fivers, don't worry about bog roll, especially if your in Scotland and can get a pound note!, alternatively if you use public transport, take the metro with you laugh.gif

This will really upset the supermarkets - volumes are down already - their sales are only being held up by inflation. Well they are getting exactly what they wanted - the BRC have been screaming for low rates for years.

Discount stores set to take customers from supermarkets

http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2011/09/01/discount-stores-set-to-take-customers-from-supermarkets/

Input costs have not even been covered by shop price rises, for years!

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2011/09/01/128708/Farm-input-costs-rise-faster-than-food-costs.htm

Farm input costs rise faster than food costs

Suzie Horne

Thursday 01 September 2011 09:00

Soaring input costs have outstripped food price rises for the fifth year in succession, according to an inflation indicator.

I hope you meant eye watering...

Funny - isn't this the second baked bean thread in the last couple of days?

How is the price of silver foil holding up?

Heinz baked beans are horrible since they took out a load of sugar and salt to make them more healthy. Try Branston baked beans, they taste like Heinz did before they ruined them.

Lets face it legumes need lots of sugary tomato sauce to make them tasty, or have any taste at all. Really the healthier option for HPC types should be tinned tuna.

Lets face it legumes need lots of sugary tomato sauce to make them tasty, or have any taste at all. Really the healthier option for HPC types should be tinned tuna.

Really John, you eat Tuna?

Do you have no respect for our planet, dont you understand the way our oceans are plundered of fish, leaving stocks desolate, declining, and probably fatally so?

Thats why I eat them.

Do you have no respect for our planet, dont you understand the way our oceans are plundered of fish, leaving stocks desolate, declining, and probably fatally so?

Thats why I eat them.

I didn't say it was a healthier option for the planet. Animals (and fish) are for eating.

You stick to your legumes and sugar sauce though.

I am absolutely intrigued as to who actually uses that inflation basket which ONS is referring to, because I am pretty sure that person does not eat, drink, move, wear cloth or breathe. I really really want to find that person. Because I suspect he may well be the second coming of Jesus and we will all be saved, my child.

Thats why I eat them.

You are Robson Green, I claim my £5 :)

If I bought £100,000 in toilet rolls, I'd think I'd doubled my money now. Bog rolls are far more useful than IOUS, as they are more kinder on the bottom.

Just use your left hand and save £100k