House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unamerican

Blair Accuses Iran - Its War Next Year Folks

my guess is yes cos your cold Britiash backsides and toes need all that lovely Iranian gas to keep them warm in the winter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051006/ap_on_re_eu/britain_iraq

"There is no justification for Iran or any other country interfering in Iraq," Blair said

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i knew this would end in quagmire. the iranians want the southern bit of irag and the sunnis want the east, the kurds want the north and the turks want into europe and the rest of the world wants the oil.

runaround nawh ...!!!

do you think it might be better to find something other than oil.

Guest Bart of Darkness
"There is no justification for Iran or any other country interfering in Iraq," Blair said

"Sometimes irony can be pretty ironic at times" :)

i knew this would end in quagmire. the iranians want the southern bit of irag and the sunnis want the east, the kurds want the north and the turks want into europe and the rest of the world wants the oil.

runaround nawh ...!!!

do you think it might be better to find something other than oil.

shares in hard hats and respirators,

if they attack iran there will be lots more attacks on London.

and I think they would be 100 % justified.

so lets kick Blair out before the bast.ard can start another war and put Londoners at risk

shares in hard hats and respirators,

if they attack iran there will be lots more attacks on London.

so lets kick Blair out before the bast.ard can start another war and put Londoners at risk

Sounds to me like the talkings of a Pvt i once knew by the name of fraser, tbh i think if bliar declays on iran then he will be kicked out, i've never voted before in my life but i would vote agaisnt that.

my guess is yes cos your cold Britiash backsides and toes need all that lovely Iranian gas to keep them warm in the winter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051006/ap_on_re_eu/britain_iraq

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing we can do. The government is in total control whether we like it or not. Even after the largest war march it didn't make front page news. The US and UK are out to keep power at all costs.

Sounds to me like the talkings of a Pvt i once knew by the name of fraser, tbh i think if bliar declays on iran then he will be kicked out, i've never voted before in my life but i would vote agaisnt that.

yes but they banned me .

i hope people do something, i have been doing my small bit putting up some posters . what more can one man do ?

Guest growl

I notice that this post has been moved from the main HPC topic forum. But really it should have stayed there.

Why? Some people may ask.

Well about 2 to 3 years ago I was predicting a HPC and reccession. Then we had a big distraction of what is now known as the Iraq war.

Wars are funny things. Historically governments sometimes start them just so they can avoid a reccession. Historically the stock market will fall at the start of a war then pick up and as factories start to employ people to service the war people have more money and start to spend and the econonmy picks up. Now I'm not saying that that is what happened with Iraq. But it was one hell of a distraction.

Last week the Labour party had a disasterous conference. Sure it started well, but then there was all that bad economic news. Then it ended with the fiasco of the old man who dared to heckle and was detained by anti terrorist laws.

Labour need another distraction. They need another war. Maybe its coincidence that they issued this statement about Iran interfering. But Iran has being playing around at the border of Iraq since the begining.

So why are this Labour government rattling their swords now?

That's the real question...and the answer is houseprices and the worsoning economy...and that's why this post should have remained on the main board. <_<

The US is too close to the limit on it's credit card to do anything wth Iran.
Exactly.

Everyone likes a bit of sabre-rattling now and then, cf India and Pakistan, helps to work the poison out of the system.

I really can't see us going to war with Iran. More sanctions, almost definitely.

Nah the war on iran will be liking being given a platinum card and not having to pay the bill. How many US companies have profited from Iraq? How many would profit further from the massive reserves in Iran? Enough to help the president along?

I suspect the main problem will be having enough soldiers.

I suspect the main problem will be having enough soldiers.

Easy bring back conscription, they've already called up alot of TA soldiers, and i'll bet that came as a shock to many of them.

Playing soldiers in the woods at the weekend one minute and the next dumped in Iraq, WTF !!!!!!!!

F**k that for a game of soldiers.

Labour need another distraction.

Yes but the Distraction is next year when 4000 troops go marching into Taliban territory in Afghanistan to torch the poppy fields on an anti-narcotic, anti-terror mission to root out the evil warlords.

Iran will not be invaded for many a year yet. The Iraqi Army is nowhere near good enough to fight alongside us yet. When they are good enough and they have quelled the insurgency, then we go in. Look at an Atlas, Iraq is west of Iran and guess who lies to the east? Yes ! Afghanistan! Can we say pincer movement people?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

In 1962 we all watched in awe as the US and Soviet Union were on the verge of blowing the world up in the Cuban Missile Crisis. Khruchev backed down and we were all saved. Hallelujah! <_<

Can't see them taking on Iran, both US and UK forces are knackered and operating beyond their capacity. As for conscription, they're talking about it, but it would probably make a bad situation worse.

How would it be paid for? Would the Chinese bankrolll it again? Are the Chinese daft enough to continue lending us money, surely they don't really think they will get it back?

The US is too close to the limit on it's credit card to do anything wth Iran.

Perhaps I could interest them in the "Interest-only" option.

Or they could roll all their debts into one easy payment.

Iran is an obvious target.

Just wait for the "Iran testing nuclear missles" headlines.

Another dead scientist or two.

Babies being dragged from incubators...

Plus ca change....

chuz are you an mp? otherwise when would you get the chance to vote against it???? :lol::lol::lol::P:P

I think the biggest news here, is Iran's plan to start their own Oil Borse in March 2006 (to trade Oil in Euro's).

This would cripple the US economy, as many countries (including China) would switch their monetry reserves from Dollars to Euros.

The Iranians certainly ain't stupid.

Hold onto your balls - we're going in!

Guest growl

Yes but the Distraction is next year when 4000 troops go marching into Taliban territory in Afghanistan to torch the poppy fields on an anti-narcotic, anti-terror mission to root out the evil warlords.

Iran will not be invaded for many a year yet. The Iraqi Army is nowhere near good enough to fight alongside us yet. When they are good enough and they have quelled the insurgency, then we go in. Look at an Atlas, Iraq is west of Iran and guess who lies to the east? Yes ! Afghanistan! Can we say pincer movement people?

Hi Doggy,.......checking map. Ah yes I see what you mean. :)

We will not be bringing back conscription, though it could happen since it took 18 months to bring one battalion of Iraqi's upto scratch

Also while I am at it. With the stories of bombs from hezbollah going the rounds in the press. A couple of months ago the Iraqi border guards intercepted a pick-up coming from Iran with 3 shaped charge bombs in it.

Could this be the false flag, gulf of tonkin incident bush is looking for?

So the deliberate targeting of civillians is ok? Or would these bombs be targetted at military targets?

Can't see them taking on Iran, both US and UK forces are knackered and operating beyond their capacity. As for conscription, they're talking about it, but it would probably make a bad situation worse.

How would it be paid for? Would the Chinese bankrolll it again? Are the Chinese daft enough to continue lending us money, surely they don't really think they will get it back?

Don't think the chinese would bankroll an invasion on a country they are backing.

In March 2004, China's state-owned oil trading company, Zhuhai Zhenrong Corporation, signed a 25-year deal to import 110 million tons of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Iran.

read more here : http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/GF04Ad07.html

I think the biggest news here, is Iran's plan to start their own Oil Borse in March 2006 (to trade Oil in Euro's).

This would cripple the US economy, as many countries (including China) would switch their monetry reserves from Dollars to Euros.

The Iranians certainly ain't stupid.

Hold onto your balls - we're going in!

http://www.energybulletin.net/7707.html

Iran are planning to trade Oil for Euro's on 20th March 2006 to coincide with the Iranian new year. Its quite clear to see the US have no option but war to stop the $ from destruction.

After reading the above article it makes a whole lot of sense and to be honest i have that sick feeling in my stomach; like when the truth hits home and you wish it hadn't.

Guest growl

http://www.energybulletin.net/7707.html

Iran are planning to trade Oil for Euro's on 20th March 2006 to coincide with the Iranian new year. Its quite clear to see the US have no option but war to stop the $ from destruction.

After reading the above article it makes a whole lot of sense and to be honest i have that sick feeling in my stomach; like when the truth hits home and you wish it hadn't.

There ans interesting thread about this in the arrse forum see www.arrse.co.uk in the current affairs, news and analysis forum in a thread about iran. :ph34r: