House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jie Bie

Stupid Fat Embezzling Bint Caught Out

At first glance this thread title might seem somewhat harsh, but wait until you read the story...

http://www.dailymail...nvited-HIM.html

Excerpt from article:

The event at the mock-Tudor Great Hall at Mains, near Blackpool, cost up to £40,000. Guests were serenaded by harpist Maxine Molin-Rose and were served canapés with buck's fizz while being entertained by a saxophonist and magician.

The wedding breakfast was provided by celebrity chef Paul Heathcote's firm and was accompanied by a swing singer, followed by a free bar and music from a Motown-style band plus a DJ.

Children were entertained by face-painting and balloon-modelling while all guests were given feather masks to get them in the spirit of the occasion.

Such was the attention to detail that the new Mrs Lane and her bridesmaids all had black Ugg boots matching their outfits to protect them from the cold when photographs were taken outside.

All the bridesmaids were given jewel-encrusted iPods to take home with them.

Does some peoples idiocy know no bounds? (Not to mention the fact she could have at least spent some of it on liposuction...)

And a pre-honeymoon holiday is called a mini-moon? Never heard of such a thing!

... facing a possible jail sentence ...

Possible?

If she doesn't spend a good few years inside as a result of this, it's a travesty of justice.

I thought Mini-moon was the clone of the North Korean leader :blink:

:lol:

Looking at the two of 'em, the last time they could manage a mini-moon was at their Christening.

article-2032154-0DA4DFD500000578-509_634x420.jpg

Fat cats? Or troughers?

the bride-to-be had worked for four years for Pure AV in Leyland, Lancashire, earning less than £15,000 a year

DoubleFacepalm.png?t=1250618452

This article constantly referred to her company as being a small business, though it didn't mention the number of employees or turnover. But if it was small by any common sense definition of the term, how was she able to nick this much over this long without being detected? Surely the annual accounts must have been audited? I can only assume that her boss didn't have any security mechanisms in place because he didn't think he had to.

That having been said, this sort of thing does happen. At my secondary school there was an absolute witch of a secretary who made it her life's work to insult and humiliate any of the kids she came into contact with. About a decade after I left, my mother told me about a story in the local rag. She (the school secretary) had been done for stealing around £350k over a 20-year period in dribs and drabs. It could have been more - she'd actually been in that job for 32 years, but the accounting data had only been kept for 20. Because she'd never nicked an amount in an individual transaction big enough to arouse suspicion, she'd got away with it for so long. I presume that she was so nasty to everyone beacuse of the stress of the constant, long-term fear of being caught.

This article constantly referred to her company as being a small business, though it didn't mention the number of employees or turnover. But if it was small by any common sense definition of the term, how was she able to nick this much over this long without being detected? Surely the annual accounts must have been audited? I can only assume that her boss didn't have any security mechanisms in place because he didn't think he had to.

That having been said, this sort of thing does happen. At my secondary school there was an absolute witch of a secretary who made it her life's work to insult and humiliate any of the kids she came into contact with. About a decade after I left, my mother told me about a story in the local rag. She (the school secretary) had been done for stealing around £350k over a 20-year period in dribs and drabs. It could have been more - she'd actually been in that job for 32 years, but the accounting data had only been kept for 20. Because she'd never nicked an amount in an individual transaction big enough to arouse suspicion, she'd got away with it for so long. I presume that she was so nasty to everyone beacuse of the stress of the constant, long-term fear of being caught.

Similar thing just happened at our place (except the secretary happened to be a very nice lady). Secretaries at her level have access to all the company credit card numbers, she'd managed to skim an amount running into 10s of thousands off them over a number of years.

It wasn't really dribs and drabs.. she just faked supplier invoices and paid them into her account.

I can't imagine she thought they'd never realise.. perhaps they were planning to disappear to Mexico on their honey moon and never come back :blink:

They'd have fitted in perfectly with all the other retired rogues there.

I presume that she was so nasty to everyone beacuse of the stress of the constant, long-term fear of being caught.

Or she just was a nasty evil witch.