House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spare Change Please

Crash Is Happening (You Just Have To Look For It)

This is one of handful of areas i have been watching.

This house has been up for sale for a five months. The price is currently "offers over £153,000" down from £155,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31429376.html

Last month this house came onto the market at £140,000, (Same road, condition can't be much worst), The asking price has just been cut it to £130,000.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34627547.html

A new benchmark for the road is approaching making the first property look at least 30k over priced.

This is one of handful of areas i have been watching.

This house has been up for sale for a five months. The price is currently "offers over £153,000" down from £155,000

http://www.rightmove...y-31429376.html

Last month this house came onto the market at £140,000, (Same road, condition can't be much worst), The asking price has just been cut it to £130,000.

http://www.rightmove...y-34627547.html

A new benchmark for the road is approaching making the first property look at least 30k over priced.

2nd one looks more appealing, less clutter. 80k would be realistic for these houses?

Edited by dances with sheeple

I normally use the line "it's more than what recent sold, so it won't go through the banks anyway, why bother?" to cut short unnecessary conversations with EAs. It works very well. The EAs always go quite for a sec and move on to next subject.

They know too well what is happening and is about to happen. In my area, if the house is more than 75% of its 2007 value, it won't sell. As simple as that.

EAs are secrectly admitting to me that 70% of instructions they take on, the property hasn't go a chance in hell to sell. They are only doing it to maintaining a market share, and preparing for the day of recognition.

I normally use the line "it's more than what recent sold, so it won't go through the banks anyway, why bother?" to cut short unnecessary conversations with EAs. It works very well. The EAs always go quite for a sec and move on to next subject.

They know too well what is happening and is about to happen. In my area, if the house is more than 75% of its 2007 value, it won't sell. As simple as that.

EAs are secrectly admitting to me that 70% of instructions they take on, the property hasn't go a chance in hell to sell. They are only doing it to maintaining a market share, and preparing for the day of recognition.

Think about it....an EA would rather have a full window of over priced than an empty window of realistically priced....a seller will opt for the higher price, then sit on it. ;)

Yup..... :rolleyes:

Oil refinery and chemicals, can be quite loud and sometimes smelly depending on the wind. Apparently you get used to it, but I wouldn't want to live there.

As again Yawn.... this is NOT a crash. As again HK had crashes of 60%+ in less than 4 weeks.

If it were a crash that 140,000 house would be 56,000 and not a pithy 130K.

Very strange in West Wales at the moment. I have been speaking to estate agency contacts and one admitted she'd thrown in the towel "Not worth talking the market up any longer, it's dead and prices are falling" most realise the game is up.

The property market is suffering the death of a thousand cuts - pscyhological, actual. Capitulation.

Edited by gruffydd

These houses are concrete construction, so around £100k overpriced.

Quote from 2nd link: Please note that this is a concrete construction house and is therefore more difficult to buy with a mortgage.

Its also located very close to the Fawley Petro/chemical depot therefore, lots of HGV traffic and fumes.

Rearrange these words: not barge touch pole a with do. :lol:

Edited by Boughtin95

These houses are concrete construction, so around £100k overpriced.

Quote from 2nd link: Please note that this is a concrete construction house and is therefore more difficult to buy with a mortgage.

Its also located very close to the Fawley Petro/chemical depot thereore, lots of HGV traffic and fumes.

Rearrange these words: not barge touch pole a with do. :lol:

I had a big row with a family member about this - they didn't have any problem with mortgage so I had to scream at them to get the message through. I wouldn't touch concrete construction ever. Not recommended! DON'T DO IT!

Don't know if proximity of Fawley is nec an issue in that contractors will welcome proximity to the site and most employees may well be contractors.

Edited by gruffydd

Don't know if proximity of Fawley is nec an issue in that contractors will welcome proximity to the site and most employees may well be contractors.

TOXIC DEBT.....

....TOXIC WASTE.....

:(:wacko::wacko:

Edited by eric pebble

I had a big row with a family member about this - they didn't have any problem with mortgage so I had to scream at them to get the message through. I wouldn't touch concrete construction ever. Not recommended! DON'T DO IT!

Agreed, contractors may welcome proximity to the site, I personally wouldn't want to live that close to it.

I recall the road leading to Fawley being heavily used by HGV and the chemical emissions from the petro/chemical plant would be enough to deter me.

I know the area fairly well. You have the New Forest on your doorstep, and the Esso Refinery next door. I wouldn't have a problem with that but search for any accidents in the Echo/google. I don't recall any recent major fires where residents had to be temporarily evacuated.

We did look at prefabricated concrete houses, but we waited for a brick house to come up. When they were built after the war they were only designed to be a temporary home, so today, the condition of the property is key. They are typically very spacious and each property has good sized front and rear gardens. We put an offer on one which got accepted but pulled out after the survey, as so much work was required. Judging by the pictures it looks like both those houses were owned by an elderly pensioners who have passed away. Well in fact the one we looked at was a death house. These are the kind of motivated vendors, FTB need to keep their eyes peeled for. Not kite flyers.

You'll have problems if you needed to rewire the house with the concrete, or carry out external work. Check for any rust in the concrete too, this is more common in concrete buildings which have sea air exposure. Also there maybe asbestos to get rid of. Nice gardens though.

The big banks like HBOS will lend on these properties, I have a good credit rating and a good deposit, which may have helped.

If they become significantly below £100K, then they are certainly worth a look.