House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Jonathan Ross Is Worth It

Here is your P45, go and seek your true market value......

As said the more of this I read the more I appreciate paying absolutely minimal amounts of tax (quite legally too mind).

Well, he was paid £6 mil so he must be worth it, I guess.

Not exactly.

The £6 million a year he got included the production costs of his chat show, Radio 2 show and Film 20##.

All were made by his production company Hot Sauce. Work for the staff he employed and no doubt profit for Hot Sauce but you don't make two TV shows and one radio show without incurring some production costs.

Not exactly.

The £6 million a year he got included the production costs of his chat show, Radio 2 show and Film 20##.

All were made by his production company Hot Sauce. Work for the staff he employed and no doubt profit for Hot Sauce but you don't make two TV shows and one radio show without incurring some production costs.

From the work I did as a production accountant working with small TV production companies, he must have made a lot less than £6m then.

One client worked with the BBC, producing 20+ 10-15 minute progs for ~£0.5m. A large proportion of those costs were repayable to the beeb for studio hire etc. I imagine four poofs and a piano don't come cheap.

One client worked with the BBC, producing 20+ 10-15 minute progs for ~£0.5m. A large proportion of those costs were repayable to the beeb for studio hire etc. I imagine four poofs and a piano don't come cheap.

That puts a different light on it!