House Price Crash Forum

Uk Interest Rates To Drop Further Or Even Be "scrapped"

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Interest rates scrapped? Is the BoE going to adopt Islamic finance? It they did, it would be for interbank loans and not personal and business customers I suspect.

Express article mentions rate reduction to 0.25%. Presumably intended to increase iPad sales but going on past trends, we'll probably see mainly debt repayment.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The Nationwide figure showing the drop in house prices today - will that statistic find a prominent position on the front page or prominently inside the newspaper? If by some miracle it does, it's going to alert readers to the accidentally comic nature of the Express on increasing occasion, and the rest is obvious

Edited by inflating

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Why not just pay people to borrow money with negative interest rates? If so can I have my couple of million? There is something shiny and yellow I quite fancy. Also can I have a 'no lose guarantee' like the banksters get so if my speculative punt doesn't pan out I lose nothing? Just asking is all :)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
I am glad intrest rates will stay low. Not from any personal reason its just best for the economy and the recovery. Those that have savings should really start to spend them. Thats what we need to happen. The more people spend the more likely we will come out of recession. No need to sit on savings that are providing little intrest, spend all you can now. If you think you need a new central heating boiler soon. Buy it now. Getting fed up of your present car? (most are rubbish anyhow these days) get a better one. Buy someone a present. Go on that holiday you need (preferably in the UK) buy a new TV. change your carpets.

Its got to be done sooon. Do some decorating now and buy a new sofa etc etc. Dont put it off spend now.

So instead of sitting back moaning about low intrest rates. Get out to the shops. You will do us all a favour.

You only live once..

I can't tell if that comment is a joke or not?

But First time buyers need to save new record high deposits to get on the market.

Yet we're being encouraged to spend it all instead of saving by low interest rates.

Confuzzled....

HOLA4424
HOLA4425