House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ken_ichikawa

Interesting Twist In The Sun

Did anybody read the Sun today.... I was stuck in uber traffic on the M6 today and stopped at services to have a break...

Shockingly it spun house prices to shoot up by 2015...

The thing is it twisted it to say that this is BAD news. About how it forced more people to rent (and set the tone as if being forced to rent was like being a second class citizen)...

It also had a sentence about how HPI wasn't a good thing :o

Has the worm finally turned?

Did anybody read the Sun today.... I was stuck in uber traffic on the M6 today and stopped at services to have a break...

The Services will divert you from your destiny. I find the M6 to be the most inspiring natural habitat on Earth! Enjoy! :blink:

The Services will divert you from your destiny. I find the M6 to be the most inspiring natural habitat on Earth! Enjoy! :blink:

It was colder than expected and I was wearing a thin top and jeans on me motorbike.

You know, yesterday we had all this Media guff about people not being able to afford to buy a house in the UK because house prices are so high, and supposedly going to get higher, and all the home-owners and naive journos rejoiced with joy. Yippee they thought.

But I suspect some, like perhaps The Sun, are going to twig:

1. Who do the current house-sellers eventually sell to?

2. Will 1 above be to mass immigrants (Personally, I think this will be the case, especially Chinese and Indians)

3. Oh dear, house-owners and The Sun will think, more immigrants changing our way of life.

4. The bright, clever Brits who can afford to get out will not only get out but will/are being forced to leave the UK.

At the moment the only journo who makes any sense is the chap Mickey Clarke on at 5.30AM each day on Fivelive - he talks sense, understand the markets and says it like it is.

glad to hear the sun's coming online.

must be something to do with the hacking scandal shurely?

For all the critics of The Sun there are 2 things about it.

1. It has an uncanny way of being in touch with the majority of people in the UK. Critics - usually politicians and left-wing journos - try to say that it sways public opinion but that just shows the contempt, IMPO, that such people hold for the British people.

2. More AB1 readers - i.e. the upwardly mobile people with cash - read The Sun daily than all the other papers combined. Well, that was true the last time I checked about 3 or 4 years ago.

It was colder than expected and I was wearing a thin top and jeans on me motorbike.

I wear nothing but a helmet Ken! The minimum legal requirement! :lol::blink:

just the BBC fulfilling it's diversity policy in terms of economic schools of thought when noone is lsitening.

That's a favourite BBC trick, anyway, I absolutely refuse to listen to any propaganda dressed as news on the BBC these days.

I can't even listen to raio 1/2 any more on the grounds that by doing so,I'm condoning the outrageous salaries of the people pushing the buttons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14732894

'Jonathan Ross has defended the salary he received while at the BBC, saying he was paid less than his market value.'

makes me feel like vomiting.

I hate this, if they are paid less than market value then tell them to put their money where their mouths are and quit and go get his real market value..... darned public sector workers employees