House Price Crash Forum

Mr & Mrs Average In Ni

Shotoflight

HOLA441

:blink::o:o:o:o:o:blink:

Compare that to the Benefit busters, who lie in their bed's, claim housing benefit, Income support, Tax credits, DLA, incapacity benefit and Carers allowance ... and stick 2 fingers up to Mr & Mrs Average who bother to try and contribute anything to society other than pro-creating children that the state will support, and reward the parents .. umm ... sorry single parent (supposedly) for doing so.

This is what really pisses me off! If the government want to claw back some money I would they rather they invest more in trying to get quash these lazy, useless scum bags, rather than shitting on Mr and Mrs average! Every town has a bunch of losers who've never done a tap, never intend to and breed like rabbits knowing that the tax payer will pick up the tab for there scumbag sprogs (who generally follow in the familys "benefit seeking" footsteps).

Mr and Mrs average are in a crap situation Take the typical example of this - Mr and mrs average both work and earn an average wage with 2 children in childcare. Mr average decides to work a few saturdays every month to bring in some additional money. Mr Osborne decides to reward his sacrifice by cutting their tax credits by an equal amount to what he's earned in overtime. Thanks George - this will give you some extra money to give some scumbag a deep fat fryer or some other ******** item that the scum bags decide to claim for (they all seem to know every last entitlement). Then Mr average gets made redundant. He'll get pestered and shit upon by the dole crew for claiming the minimum whilst the scumbags are picking up their weekly alcohol allowance.

If Mr and Mrs average manage to make their way through life and pay off a mortgage, set aside some savings (which of course hes paid tax on), they can feel assured that the government will look after them if they have to go into care. They can expect the government will say f**k you we're selling your house and taking your savings to pay for your care - why should you be entitled to this care for free, thats only an option for the benefits crew!!

What's the point? f**k buying a house, f**k having a job, f**K the pension, f**k the savings lets all go on the dole!!

Rant over!

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

One of the few options which will see you get a 5.2% rise in your income :ph34r:

Hey guys, seems like I have managed to stir things up a bit - TBH I think what I've just read is a reflection on the general sentiment felt by many people about the extremes we now have in society being paid for by an increasing hollowed out middle. The rich who seem to have got richer and those at the other end doing even less to pay their way in life and expecting more in return. I think we are fast approaching a straw and camels back situation.

Personally, I really resent the banksters, loathe them in fact, a few prosecutions rather than obscene bonuses would be more appropriate.

But I still detect an undercurrent of (at this time) underserving entitlement - ask the guy in China working flat out making ipads or whatever about his standard of living. About time the western world starting paying its way instead of perpetual living on the never never.

Night all, have a good un Shotoflight if you're staying up at work.

HOLA444

Britons need to spend £736 to maintain living standards

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/8836561/Britons-need-to-spend-736-to-maintain-living-standards.html

Household incomes are being decimated by spiraling inflation, which means that people's money is spreading less far.

High inflation means that UK households will collectively need to find an extra £46 billion simply to have the same standard of living that they had this time last year. This is equivalent to £736 for every person or £1,768 for every household in the UK, according to MGM Advantage, the pension company.

In households where the main occupant is aged between 65 and 74, an extra £1,104 is needed for the same lifestyle to be maintained

Last month Supermarket Asda said that families “have never had it so tough”. The retailer said that average household discretionary income has fallen by around £14 a week, a 7.9 per cent decline compared to last year.

Families have been cutting back on things that were once viewed as essential. Around 600,000 Britons sacrificed a foreign holiday over the summer in a bid to save money.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Compare that to the Benefit busters, who lie in their bed's, claim housing benefit, Income support, Tax credits, DLA, incapacity benefit and Carers allowance ... and stick 2 fingers up to Mr & Mrs Average who bother to try and contribute anything to society other than pro-creating children that the state will support, and reward the parents .. umm ... sorry single parent (supposedly) for doing so.

I have posted on this before but thought it is worth posting again some of the reasons why Incapacity and DLA is being claimed;

lack of motivation to cook, dress or wash etc, having difficulty with official forms and with talking on the phone

Needing to be reminded to wash, dress and get up

Bed wetting

ADHD & ADD

agoraphobia and social anxiety (problems with communicating with people).

mobility problems.

depression

self harm

suicidal behaviour

Just some of the 'impossible to prove' illnesses. Obviously on a more serious note there are plenty of ppl out there claiming benefits validity. I question however how the statistic's really add up when the figures that I have seen banded about are that we have over 300,000 in Northern Ireland claiming DLA. In a population of approx £1.5 million ppl are we really to believe that 20-25% of us are seriously Disabled?? :huh:

I try not to judge, but I can tell you it gets harder. I see first hand what is being claimed and it would genuinely anger you. There are no single parents in NI who claim benefits that are living in poverty, I have yet to see them if they are. The vast majority are labelling their kids as disabled, bombarding the Doctors and schools with stories about disruptive behaviour and bed wetting until they eventually give in and agree. They get a referral to go and see the 'big doctor' which before hand they feed their kids full of as much hyperactive e-number type sweets that they can to add extra effect. If their DLA application is declined they go to a local councillor who backs up their claim and resubmits another application putting their weight behind it. Once a claim is approved then a Carers allowance application is promptly submitted and so the cycle continues. They get 'depressed' at having to look after a 'disabled' child and apply for DLA themselves. This then entitles them to holiday vouchers, fridge freezers, washing machines etc ... which if they receive in turn gets sold on for money.

The single mums pretend they are single, this gets them maximum tax credits, income support and a free house. Meanwhile the kiddo's all have the surname of the father which begs the question ... are they really on their own??? Somehow the DWP don't seem to be able to make this connection and when they do get told tales of how the father beats them. There really is no bottom to how low the stories will go if it means getting more money.

Not one politician appears to have the balls to tackle this problem. Until they do nothing will improve.

HOLA447

I have posted on this before but thought it is worth posting again some of the reasons why Incapacity and DLA is being claimed;

lack of motivation to cook, dress or wash etc, having difficulty with official forms and with talking on the phone

Bed wetting

ADHD & ADD

mobility problems.

depression

self harm

suicidal behaviour

Just some of the 'impossible to prove' illnesses. Obviously on a more serious note there are plenty of ppl out there claiming benefits validity. I question however how the statistic's really add up when the figures that I have seen banded about are that we have over 300,000 in Northern Ireland claiming DLA. In a population of approx £1.5 million ppl are we really to believe that 20-25% of us are seriously Disabled?? :huh:

I try not to judge, but I can tell you it gets harder. I see first hand what is being claimed and it would genuinely anger you. There are no single parents in NI who claim benefits that are living in poverty, I have yet to see them if they are. The vast majority are labelling their kids as disabled, bombarding the Doctors and schools with stories about disruptive behaviour and bed wetting until they eventually give in and agree. They get a referral to go and see the 'big doctor' which before hand they feed their kids full of as much hyperactive e-number type sweets that they can to add extra effect. If their DLA application is declined they go to a local councillor who backs up their claim and resubmits another application putting their weight behind it. Once a claim is approved then a Carers allowance application is promptly submitted and so the cycle continues. They get 'depressed' at having to look after a 'disabled' child and apply for DLA themselves. This then entitles them to holiday vouchers, fridge freezers, washing machines etc ... which if they receive in turn gets sold on for money.

The single mums pretend they are single, this gets them maximum tax credits, income support and a free house. Meanwhile the kiddo's all have the surname of the father which begs the question ... are they really on their own??? Somehow the DWP don't seem to be able to make this connection and when they do get told tales of how the father beats them. There really is no bottom to how low the stories will go if it means getting more money.

Not one politician appears to have the balls to tackle this problem. Until they do nothing will improve.

It's 170,000 but still crazy stuff.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Oh and I agree with what you say 100%

Got confused with my figures, but knew I had read something about it somewhere.

Disability payments

Although the region's unemployment rate is just below the UK average at 7.3%, it has a much higher percentage of people claiming sickness benefits.

While there are just over 60,000 people claiming Job Seekers Allowance, there are more than 180,000 people on Disability Living Allowance - that's one in ten of the population.

Figures for 2011 reveal more than 50,000 on Incapacity Benefit and around 260,000 people receiving a mixture of these disability related benefit payments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14845296

Edited by tinbin

HOLA4410

Got confused with my figures, but knew I had read something about it somewhere.

Disability payments

Although the region's unemployment rate is just below the UK average at 7.3%, it has a much higher percentage of people claiming sickness benefits.

While there are just over 60,000 people claiming Job Seekers Allowance, there are more than 180,000 people on Disability Living Allowance - that's one in ten of the population.

Figures for 2011 reveal more than 50,000 on Incapacity Benefit and around 260,000 people receiving a mixture of these disability related benefit payments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14845296

I made the point to BelfastVI a while back that we have a staggering number of people either on benefits, economically inactive or working in the public sector. The drain on private enterprise here is unbelievable. We really are a nation of spongers.

There is something so inherently wrong with our society house prices should be the least of our long-term worries.

HOLA4411

I made the point to BelfastVI a while back that we have a staggering number of people either on benefits, economically inactive or working in the public sector. The drain on private enterprise here is unbelievable. We really are a nation of spongers.

There is something so inherently wrong with our society house prices should be the least of our long-term worries.

What about, in addition to the above:

Fuel laundering, waste dumping, drug dealing, cigarette smuggling, firework selling, cross border goods and animal smuggling, fish quota falsification, private sector grant dependency, double jobbing politicians, political expense theft, cash in hand, tax dodging, fake goods, copied cds/dvds, car clocking, no road tax, no insurance, no tv licence, going bankrupt to avoid honouring debt and farmers that are subsidised up to their eyes for doing anything or nothing, a billion a year to pay for segregation and separate schools. Oh and finally lawyers that refuse to work for £220 PER HOUR on legal aid from the taxpayer because "they are worth more".

Yip, sack the civil servants, issue more cheap debt and bring in corporation tax then we can party like its 1999 and house prices will sky rocket again - the sign of a healthy economy - and all will be well with the world.

Have I missed anything? Casualty and hospital beds blocked with drinkers, smokers, fatties & junkies?

Think that might just about cover it.

Vote for me.

Silly me - forgot shoplifting, ATM thefts and scamming, bank, store and dockland robberies and recreational rioting. That should do for the time being

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/85m-cost-of-illegal-cigarettes-to-coffers-16066338.html

GB econonically inactive.

http://www.moneyweek.com/investment-advice/how-to-invest/strategies/how-to-protect-your-wealth-as-the-misery-index-rises-55920

Edited by Shotoflight

HOLA4412

Consumer gloom near all-time low

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/business-news/consumer-gloom-near-alltime-low-16066852.html

Rising unemployment, weak economic growth and squeezed household budgets have pushed UK consumer confidence closer to its all- time low, according to a new survey.

Four successive monthly falls have left the Nationwide's Consumer Confidence Index just four points above February's record low, with 80% believing there will be no improvement over the next six months.

Cost of stamps set to rise

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/business-news/cost-of-stamps-set-to-rise-16066854.html

Fuel prices still 'stubbornly high'

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/fuel-prices-still-stubbornly-high-16066809.html

It means that a family with two cars has typically spent £241.54 more on petrol over this summer compared with a year ago, while filling up an 80-litre commercial van tank has cost on average £15.76 more each time than last summer.

It added that September's RPI inflation figure of 5.6% "casts an even darker shadow over fuel prices next year", threatening to add another 7-8p to the price of petrol and diesel within the next 12 months.

AA president Edmund King said: "The squeeze from relentlessly high pump prices is due to get worse as driving in the dark and winter weather adds greater fuel consumption to motorists' misery.

£6,000 spent on life's 'essentials'

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/uk/6000-spent-on-lifes-essentials-16066811.html

More than three-quarters (77%) of those surveyed are making financial cutbacks to afford the little treats which they deem as important to their lifestyles.

Nearly half (47%) said they were buying cheaper food or food that was not a well-known brand, while a third take their own lunch to work. Just over one in 10 take their coffee or tea to work in a flask.

Edited by Shotoflight

HOLA4413

What about, in addition to the above:

Fuel laundering, waste dumping, drug dealing, cigarette smuggling, firework selling, cross border goods and animal smuggling, fish quota falsification, private sector grant dependency, double jobbing politicians, political expense theft, cash in hand, tax dodging, fake goods, copied cds/dvds, car clocking, no road tax,

Round the corner from me there are at least 4 cars that have been parked up on the pavement with either no road tax, MOT or both displayed.

I completed the online reporting page on the DVLA about 5 times. nothing done.

Was driving home the other evening and the peelers had a checkpoint set up. The cop asked for my DL then he stepped back and walked round to check my tax and mot certs were in order. I said to him "If you are concerned about untaxed vehicles then why don't you go two streets up where there are at least 4 or them that have been laid up for a minimum of 6 months". He told me he would inform the daytime team to take a look. That was 10 days ago. Cars still there. Maybe they check out OK in the computer system but they certainly do not display the tax/Mot on the cars.

Fuel Laundering? Saw a bit of the programme with people using red diesel and bleached red diesel and thought it a joke to have all these peelers and customs men running round in yellow jackets to catch the red diesel users. Just get rid of red diesel and get the farmer to make a claim at the end of the year for the amount of fuel he used. then give him the tax break.

HOLA4414

We have £87 less spare cash each week than rest of the UK

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/we-have-87-less-spare-cash-each-week-than-rest-of-the-uk-16068894.html

According to the latest figures, families in Great Britain have £87 more weekly in disposable income compared to here - an annual difference of over £4,000.

Northern Ireland emerged as the hardest-hit region for the fourth consecutive quarter with year-on-year spending power falling by 18.9%.

The soaring cost of basics is proving a significant drain on household incomes, with heating and lighting prices hitting wallets hard.

Average electricity and gas costs rose elsewhere in the UK by 12.9% and 22.3% respectively, whereas the rises here were 18.7% and 36.9%.

Motoring watchdog the AA also said the price of fuel rose by 15% locally in one year, while home heating oil has soared by 23%.

Food is up 6% between this year and last, and car insurance premiums are, on average, priced at 8% more here than the rest of Great Britain.

Asda president Andy Clarke said there has been a decline in family spending power for 18 consecutive months.

HOLA4415

Bed wetting

ADHD & ADD

mobility problems.

depression

self harm

suicidal behaviour

I'm calling Daily Mail horse**** on this

[ There are no single parents in NI who claim benefits that are living in poverty, I have yet to see them if they are. /quote]

How are you making your assesment?

There's a faintly depressing, curtain-twitching whiff around much of this thread.

HOLA4416

You have a point.

The public sector, immigrants and those on benefits get a hard time (deservedly or otherwise) especially in the rags.

There will always be a minority of people that will abuse and play the system - whatever that system may be. And they will be the more conspicuous - a bit like the motability argument. But that is not a good enough reason to abandon such support for those in need. And for the majority of genuine cases it can't be easy. No system is perfect. Housing allocation in particular is, and always has been, particularly controversial as is the definition of someone 'in need'.

Hard times for all divide people and promotes selfishness (perhaps of necessity), insularity and jealously. Of course it is promoted by the current Govt who's eyes are averted from the corporate tax evaders and discredited banks, bailed out by the little man and focused on the weak, low hanging fruit of benefit claimants, students, savers and public sector pay and pensions.

Look what happens when they try to tickle Tesco for a few more squid, or charge for parking. Not easy.

In other news

Business Secretary Vince Cable has been fined by the taxman for failing to pay up to £25,000 in VAT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15458400

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/8849420/Give-firms-freedom-to-sack-unproductive-workers-leaked-Downing-Street-report-advises.html

It's interesting to see different takes on the situation.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I don't want to get branded a wail reader but these are some pretty big numbers

170,000 people on DLA, 250,000 on a combination of DLA and Incapacity (ESA). 70% of private renters on housing benefit.

Apparently their online presence is the biggest 'online newspaper' in GB and second biggest in the world.

HOLA4419

There are no single parents in NI who claim benefits that are living in poverty, I have yet to see them if they are.

There's a faintly depressing, curtain-twitching whiff around much of this thread.

The figures speak for themselves ... people need to open their eyes

My assessment is based upon first hand experience of working & living in areas where this goes on. I have seen it with my own eyes. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I cant, and wont, go into specific examples on a public forum for obvious reasons but what I will say that I am sick to death of hearing about the 'poor pyjama brigade', who give nothing to society. Some, perhaps ... may have it hard. The single mums who claim benefits & housing benefits do not ... and certainly not compared to Mr & Mrs Average.

I spoke about this example before on this forum, I was involved in a talk to a 5th Form class in a local high school. Part of the presentation involved going around the room and asking them what they would like to do career wise after they left school. One girl said she was going to have a baby and get a flat next year in the local estate, the teacher told us afterwards that this is all too common now. With aspirations like that the future is bright.

I have also openly discussed my own housing situation (and happy to do so within reason) I sold my house last year and now rent in a new private development. I pay a ridiculously high rent for the privilege. There are 4 other families renting in my very street, none of whom appear to go to work ... in the morning, at night ... come to think of it ... EVER. If they do go to work then its only 16 hours to boost their tax credits. They all seem to have fancy cars, wide-screen TV's and all the other luxuries you could imagine. Call me cynical if you want, but one thing I am sure of is that they are milking Housing and benefit system dry. 70% of private renters on housing benefit speaks for itself i'm afraid.

I'm not sure if any of you watch Shameless on Channel 4. Why do you think it is so popular???? There is a certain irony about it as it just takes what is now modern Britain and takes the piss out of it. Quite frankly, there is a realism about this thread that strikes a chord with Mr & Mrs Average.

If you think its Horse**** then that's your opinion. :blink:

Edited by tinbin

HOLA4420

The figures speak for themselves ... people need to open their eyes

My assessment is based upon first hand experience of working & living in areas where this goes on. I have seen it with my own eyes. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I cant, and wont, go into specific examples on a public forum for obvious reasons but what I will say that I am sick to death of hearing about the 'poor pyjama brigade', who give nothing to society. Some, perhaps ... may have it hard. The single mums who claim benefits & housing benefits do not ... and certainly not compared to Mr & Mrs Average.

I spoke about this example before on this forum, I was involved in a talk to a 5th Form class in a local high school. Part of the presentation involved going around the room and asking them what they would like to do career wise after they left school. One girl said she was going to have a baby and get a flat next year in the local estate, the teacher told us afterwards that this is all too common now. With aspirations like that the future is bright.

I have also openly discussed my own housing situation (and happy to do so within reason) I sold my house last year and now rent in a new private development. I pay a ridiculously high rent for the privilege. There are 4 other families renting in my very street, none of whom appear to go to work ... in the morning, at night ... come to think of it ... EVER. If they do go to work then its only 16 hours to boost their tax credits. They all seem to have fancy cars, wide-screen TV's and all the other luxuries you could imagine. Call me cynical if you want, but one thing I am sure of is that they are milking Housing and benefit system dry. 70% of private renters on housing benefit speaks for itself i'm afraid.

I'm not sure if any of you watch Shameless on Channel 4. Why do you think it is so popular???? There is a certain irony about it as it just takes what is now modern Britain and takes the piss out of it. Quite frankly, there is a realism about this thread that strikes a chord with Mr & Mrs Average.

If you think its Horse**** then that's your opinion. :blink:

I can say I fully agree. I kow several examples of people working the system. It is rife. Absolutely rife.

HOLA4421

I can say I fully agree. I kow several examples of people working the system. It is rife. Absolutely rife.

Here too, direct knowledge of some people scamming it to their benefit not second hand information, whats more they can be pretty brazen about it too to the point your wishing things that might put them in the position they pretend to be in on them. And to the bleeeding hearts that jump straight to the "You're saying bad things about seriously disabled people!" strawman and avoiding the con: if they had figures to identify the amount of scammers they would be able to do something about it.

Will anything be done about it though? No, crocodile tears come out, the bleeding hearts and well meaning charities rush to the defence and the scammers will be saved for another day hiding behind the people that really need the assistance.

HOLA4422

[ There are no single parents in NI who claim benefits that are living in poverty, I have yet to see them if they are. /quote]

Absolute bulls**t, I suppose you support the call for an investigation into how gaddafi made his maker too!! - I suppose he was just misunderstood?

Wise up and look around you......you don't need to have too much between the ears to see that so many people over here take the piss claiming benefits.......why do you feel the need to defend the people that take the piss and screw the system for every penny? It's people like you that aid this problem by supporting their cause! Yes we all appreciate that there are some genuine cases, but these are far outweighed by the amount of people abusing the system.

HOLA4423

Britons back squeeze on welfare benefits, suggests poll

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15460427

British people are overwhelmingly in favour of having a welfare state, but most want it tightened up, a poll for BBC News suggests.

More than 90% agreed there was a need for a benefits system that provides a safety net for everyone who needs it.

But more than three-quarters of people wanted stricter tests for incapacity benefit, and cuts to benefits for jobless people refusing work.

Most wanted those claiming housing benefit in expensive areas to be moved.

The 92% in favour of the welfare state is an unusually high figure according to Ben Page of polling organisation Ipsos Mori which carried out the survey.

92% want a benefits system providing a safety net for all (4% disagree).

63% doubt the UK benefits system works effectively (23% disagree).

72% want politicians to do more to cut the benefits bill (15% disagree).

84% want to see stricter testing for incapacity benefits (10% disagree)

78% want job seekers to lose benefits if they refuse work they can do (16% disagree).

57% want those on housing benefit in expensive areas to be moved (29% disagree).

HOLA4424

Two incomes for a house - the result - is it worth it?

Britain's middle-class children are so privileged – and so neglected

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/8850638/Britains-middle-class-children-are-so-privileged-and-so-neglected.html

The UK has the highest number of households in Europe where both parents are in full-time work.

Time-poor parents prefer their few precious hours with the children to be as pleasant as possible. Delegate the dreary, difficult business of teaching self-discipline to other carers. Or to schools – they can take that on, too, can’t they?

As the bursar of one of the country’s leading mixed-sex boarding schools told me recently: “People bang on about the underclass and their evil sprogs, but middle-class child neglect is the great untold scandal of our age.”

each new batch of four-year-olds is less well-prepared than the last. They don’t know how to use knives and forks because they have been fed finger food. Speech is impaired from spending too long with carers for whom English is often not their first language.

The offspring of mothers who stay home are often no better because said mums whizz off to tennis and coffee at David Lloyd, leaving baby with Fatima, the Facebook fanatic.

Worst of all, Mary reports, these little Lord and Lady Fauntleroys are strangers to the concept of deferred gratification. They are used to being given what they want when they want to shut them up so their shattered parents can get some rest.

Increasingly, it’s teachers like Mary who are left to deal with the poisonous legacy of paternal overindulgence – or neglect by another name.

What does it say about a society when a health minister has to advise parents to eat a meal with their children? A society where the average parent spends 49 minutes a day with their offspring?

HOLA4425

Two incomes for a house - the result - is it worth it?

It's all very well until the kids come along, but it is up to each family to make their own choices and I'm sure it works for many, the article itself is a bit strange. Those that do it will vehemently deny its a problem but then people are hard wired to stay on the path of commitments they have made and defend them especially where the alternative may be admitting what they are doing isn't great for the children, but hey the house is nice! Time will tell but it could be leaving a horrible demographic stain on a generation. This threads pretty depressing :(