House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Nationwide -0.6% Mom -0.4% Yoy

Definately down this month.

Asking prices have been dropping. Estate agents volumes at rock bottom. Nationwide index over-priced.

I predict at least -1%

Though, I am ALWAYS wrong :lol:

Up 5%, because:

Britain is a small island and a AAA-rated safe haven;

You can't go wrong with bricks and mortar;

International demand remains strong;

Affordability is now at record levels because of low interest rates;

Money is escaping from Greece and the Middle East and needs a home;

Project Merlin has been a great success, and the banks are now lending freely, especially to self-certified borrowers with 0-5% deposits;

The Express told me that property would go up 21% is 5 years, which is waaaaay better than the 8% p.a. compounded dividend you can get on many shares these days.

Or it might be down by 0.2%.

There is no point in trying to predict this, because there is no way of knowing who has applied for mortgages this month, whether Nationwide would have been their BS of choice, and whether Nationwide have been feeling more or less generous than usual.

Must be down. Has to be following the stock crash and the riots.

Stock crash? What stock crash? FTSE has soared the last few days on the back of QE3 likely being announced in Sep.

I've been predicting NW down for the last few months and it has risen five times in a row now. Up by more than 0.7% tomorrow and by their own data, houses are more expensive than any time since summer 2008 (in nominal terms at least). That is a headline scenario I don't want to see!

I'm believing less and less of what I read from the mainstream these days. The numbers that come out of the housing market vs. the reality on the street seem completely out of whack to me. Either they're being fiddled or we have a country full of idiots, most probably both.

Edited by MrFlibble

Wheres that bloody octopus when you need it.

Paul was useless on financial matters,despite his encyclopaedic knowledge of football.

Edited by profitofdoom

Up 5%, because:

Britain is a small island and a AAA-rated safe haven;

You can't go wrong with bricks and mortar;

International demand remains strong;

Affordability is now at record levels because of low interest rates;

Money is escaping from Greece and the Middle East and needs a home;

Project Merlin has been a great success, and the banks are now lending freely, especially to self-certified borrowers with 0-5% deposits;

The Express told me that property would go up 21% is 5 years, which is waaaaay better than the 8% p.a. compounded dividend you can get on many shares these days.

Or it might be down by 0.2%.

There is no point in trying to predict this, because there is no way of knowing who has applied for mortgages this month, whether Nationwide would have been their BS of choice, and whether Nationwide have been feeling more or less generous than usual.

Exactly, volumes are low and a change in mortgage deals offered during the month could completely skew a month figures.

I would expect the NW to be a lender of choice which is unfortunate when you wnat the figure to go down.

+ 1.2%

Can't wait to see the sexess headline, bet all the editors and journos are wa****g themselves into a frenzy over it right now..... :rolleyes:

BF

Stock crash? What stock crash? FTSE has soared the last few days on the back of QE3 likely being announced in Sep.

I've been predicting NW down for the last few months and it has risen five times in a row now. Up by more than 0.7% tomorrow and by their own data, houses are more expensive than any time since summer 2008 (in nominal terms at least). That is a headline scenario I don't want to see!

What do you mean soar?....it has only gone up because people have been buying on the lows, they have not been buying value they have been buying price..... is not worth the money, that kind of investment is done when there is little else to invest in.....a volatile share market is only for the brave risk takers, very long term investors and for those that can afford to lose money. ;)

Edited by winkie

+ 1.2%

Can't wait to see the sexess headline, bet all the editors and journos are wa****g themselves into a frenzy over it right now..... :rolleyes:

BF

The annoying thing is that they probably already know what the figure is. They'll receive an embargoed copy in advance.