House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

The New Football Formation 1-1-9-0

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/one-defender-nine-midfielders-bar231as-thrilling-formation-2346397.html

It is easy to scoff at the theory that we have never seen anything like this before. But when was the last time you saw a team win 5-0 playing without a centre-forward and fielding only one out-and-out defender?

Barcelona's ability not to lose the ball has only increased with the acquisition of Cesc Fabregas – during the first 15 minutes against Villarreal they had 85 per cent of possession.

With Seydou Keita playing just in front of a back three composed of midfielders Javier Mascherano and Sergio Busquets alongside defender Eric Abidal, Barcelona restricted Villarreal to one shot on goal – in the 85th minute.

English players are light years behind, we don't have the skill or the technical ability to play like this.

Sounds boring to watch but then i imagine watching the same 2-3 teams winning the EPL is also boring to watch.

95% of EFL "fans" here support one of the big four although i doubt if even 20% of them have ever actually travelled to the UK before.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/one-defender-nine-midfielders-bar231as-thrilling-formation-2346397.html

English players are light years behind, we don't have the skill or the technical ability to play like this.

The continental game has that technical edge that we definitely dont currently have - it depends if this situation changes with the development of the FA centre at Burton-upon-Trent...Young players in this country simply don't spend enough training (I think its roughly a third less than the Gurmans or the Spanish), and we haven't got enough talented coaches. Too many sides still like the big, muscley players so you can complete with the likes of Stoke and Bolton. The only team where Messi would have been given a chance, would have probably been Arsenal...At 13, Messi was thin and scrawny...I believe he needed growth hormones to bulk him up...

Moreover, this current Barca team are a bit of a freak of nature and is perhaps the best footballing side for a generation.

http://www.independe...on-2346397.html

bah...just needs a goalie with a good kick and a big man up front. In fact the long game came about to counter this 'ability' nonesense.

From that poit of view you could argue the English game is light years ahead. :lol:

bah...just needs a goalie with a good kick and a big man up front. In fact the long game came about to counter this 'ability' nonesense.

From that poit of view you could argue the English game is light years ahead. :lol:

:(:(:(

Sounds boring to watch but then i imagine watching the same 2-3 teams winning the EPL is also boring to watch.

95% of EFL "fans" here support one of the big four although i doubt if even 20% of them have ever actually travelled to the UK before.

The main problem is that there is a near monopoly in most of the leagues around Europe, and these big clubs remove any competitiveness out of it, however they also prove to be the biggest draws when they play away...the SPL is an utter farce...where an outsider last won it over 25 years ago...I'm no fan of the PL, but this year it does look very competitive...

I'm not surprised La Liga teams aren't happy at the mo...Barca got £139m for their TV rights, and Getafe got £5m over the same period...