House Price Crash Forum

The Collapse Of Paper Currency...

HOLA441

http://papermoneycollapse.com/2011/08/reuters-television-interview/

Detlev Schlichter trying to sell books....has anyone read his stuff?

If he's right we're in for one hell of a shake-up. (still don't believe the g*ld bit, it's too obvious!)

I've just bought 36 cans of Branston beans from Tesco and cornered the market (I bought the last ones!)

HOLA442

If he's right we're in for one hell of a shake-up. (still don't believe the g*ld bit, it's too obvious!)

I've just bought 36 cans of Branston beans from Tesco and cornered the market (I bought the last ones!)

Nah, that's just a Tesco manipulating the bean market.

Ponzi bean bubble.

:D

Try Morrissons instead.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Both parts are well worth a watch. Nice to see such reasonable and civilised panel discussion too.

It seems an extremist position, but then if you had been on the Titanic and said it was going to sink immediately after the iceberg hit, you would have been called an extremist too.

To be fair if they hadn't have cut corners on the Titanic it would probably have sank slower. There was a firm belief at the time that the ship really would be unsinkable.

I think you would have been called alarmed rather than an extremist.

Although back on topic no one has ever printed themselves out of trouble. If printing solves recessions everyone would be rich.

HOLA445

To be fair if they hadn't have cut corners on the Titanic it would probably have sank slower. There was a firm belief at the time that the ship really would be unsinkable.

I think you would have been called alarmed rather than an extremist.

Although back on topic no one has ever printed themselves out of trouble. If printing solves recessions everyone would be rich.

The Titanic would also have been a lot better off if they'd driven straight into the iceberg rather than trying to avoid it - another lesson we don't seem to have learnt...

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Getting out of paper (and into metals, at least) would have been a wise move, but not quite a life preserving one.

Its going to be a slow slide, no hyperinflation, im beginning to realise.

What do you mean exactly? How do you mean 'a slow slide'?

Is it possible to get paid what is a normal amount but find it almost impossible to spend your money?

I can't see how we can 'get there from here.' There must be a way though....

HOLA449

I always said two years from the start of QE. Ie early 2009.

Two years has been and gone.

Getting out of paper (and into metals, at least) would have been a wise move, but not quite a life preserving one.

Its going to be a slow slide, no hyperinflation, im beginning to realise.

From what I have read, the lead up to a hyperinflation is slow and steady, but then suddenly it goes nuts, after a point of no return. All it takes is a shock and for people to panic sell their paper for something else and it's game over for the currency.

While people aren't spending their inflated currency, it keeps a lid on the price of goods. Once it starts being spent though, a very different story unfolds rather quickly.

HOLA4410

How much did you pay?

Lidl are 4 tins of Branston for 87p this Saturday & Sunday

HOLA4411

How much did you pay?

Lidl are 4 tins of Branston for 87p this Saturday & Sunday

Are those 200g or 410g tins?

If it's the 410's then I reckon that's a great price.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Are those 200g or 410g tins?

If it's the 410's then I reckon that's a great price.

It is indeed the 410g gram tins. I just checked the weight on one I paid 99p for a 4 pack in not that long ago. :o

When I buy some at 87p I'll have to take all my tins out of their 4 pack wrappers and mix them so I don't know when I'm eating one from a 99p pack. It would spoil the taste. :lol:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Obviously not...Millions drowning in their own ignorance!

I prefer the safty of the Japanese Yen which has doubled over the past 5 years, got my shirt and trousers on it! If I had any sense I'd take my profit and run but hang on....the Japanese government is talking about investing in commodities and foreign businesses rather than T-bills. Maybe I'll stay just a little longer!

HOLA4419