House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TruraBuoy

Apple, Amazon And Google Banks!

Where will Apple, Amazon, Google meet up next year or the year after?

They're all going to be banks!

Why do you think Apple is piling up all that cash. It's a lot of cash for a consumer products company. But it is not so much cash for a bank

I would.

Linky http://scripting.com/stories/2011/07/26/googleplusIsGoingToBeYourB.html

Linky http://www.businessweek.com/printer/technology/google-confirms-it-aims-to-own-your-online-id-08292011.html

Great idea....become a bank, loans loads of dodgy money to people, go bankrupt, get rewarded for it. No need to make anything or be responsible just take take take. Brilliant business model.

I just stole that from you. I have now patented it. If you use the 'i' again I will sue. :rolleyes:

Doesn't work with the yardies though. Perhaps they could have I's bank. But bank has such a negative aura these days. Better change that to I's save. No negative PR there.

I would bank with Google, My home page is google, my phone is run by google, I have a google mail account. I'm pretty sure they know everything about me and all my spending habbits already so they wouldn't even need to credit check me if I ever needed a loan.

They could even give me tips on how to save money by buying items cheaper else where instead of where I was going to buy them from.

Surely the only decider is what kind of packages, accounts and interest rates they offer, coupled with the financial security.

If money banked with these companies was used to invest in some of their high-tech activities, it may actually may for a good return (when I say good I mean better than the high street, and that wouldn't be hard).

Surely the only decider is what kind of packages, accounts and interest rates they offer, coupled with the financial security.

If money banked with these companies was used to invest in some of their high-tech activities, it may actually may for a good return (when I say good I mean better than the high street, and that wouldn't be hard).

They hardly need money to invest in their technologies. They have plenty already. GoogleUK reception area is as big as an olympic swimming pool - one receptionist, a few cabinets of chilled drinks for folk to help themself for free, and a couple of chairs for visitors to sit. All the rest empty space, room for a small hotel.

Even more money would I suppose let them invest in high-tech ideas they consider too speculative for spending their own money. A good way to invest our money?