House Price Crash Forum

Source For Short-Term Lets (1 To 4 Months) - Anyone?

inflating

HOLA441

Trying to secure a self-contained flat, not just a room or flatshare

The short term lets on Rightmove seem to be 6 months when I enquire, anyone know of a source of shorter term lets as I would need only 1 to 4 months? Gumtree etc seems pretty poor on this. The self catering places are generally pricey and the only short term lets I could track down are executive studios costing nearly hotel prices

HOLA442

The short term lets on Rightmove seem to be 6 months when I enquire, anyone know of a source of shorter term lets as I would need only 1 to 4 months? Gumtree etc seems pretty poor on this. The self catering places are generally pricey and the only short term lets I could track down are executive studios costing nearly hotel prices

Anything less than 6 months is a royal pain, isn't it?

I once got a 3-month let. Landlord wanted his cottage back in January, contract ended in April, nasty gap to fill. Went to check small-ads at the university and picked up a flat where the owners were away for three months.

Suggestion 1: try anywhere that caters for transient people, where someone might advertise short-term lets. Like university, hospital, big company. Worst that can happen is the jobsworth closing the door on you.

Suggestion 2: Winter lets. People who let holiday cottages for several hundred quid a week in peak season will often let them at a more reasonable price over the winter months when the alternative is to stand empty.

Suggestion 3: place your own ad. in local paper.

HOLA443

Your're lucky.

I am trying to find exactly this and the executive studios where I am looking were double local hotel prices!

tim

HOLA444

looked for my cousin when she was over and there's very little around fitting your needs.I'd approach individual LL/LA's and see if any can help.personally,I'd look at www.spareroom.co.uk .in london I found some flats that were probably what your after,but they were expensive and tiny.May as well take a hotel room.

Yes, I've checked spareroom, no joy

Anything less than 6 months is a royal pain, isn't it?

I once got a 3-month let. Landlord wanted his cottage back in January, contract ended in April, nasty gap to fill. Went to check small-ads at the university and picked up a flat where the owners were away for three months.

Suggestion 1: try anywhere that caters for transient people, where someone might advertise short-term lets. Like university, hospital, big company. Worst that can happen is the jobsworth closing the door on you.

Suggestion 2: Winter lets. People who let holiday cottages for several hundred quid a week in peak season will often let them at a more reasonable price over the winter months when the alternative is to stand empty.

Suggestion 3: place your own ad. in local paper.

Good ideas there, will try them, thanks

Your're lucky.

I am trying to find exactly this and the executive studios where I am looking were double local hotel prices!

tim

I've seen those prices, for companies footing the bill I reckon