House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Property Item On Sky News - What Is It About?

I keep catching the end of an item on Sky News that they have been playing throughout the day.

I think it is something about derivatives and credit swaps but I only take notice right at the end when I hear a strong Welsh accent with a bloke talking to camera in what looks like part of Cardiff Bay.

I only catch him mentioning something about getting a demand from the banks for 90,000 for a property or properties that he has purchased.

Has anyone else seen this - if so, what is it about? It sounds like something to do with BTLs possibly? :unsure:

It's about people taking insurance out against interest rates rising but not realising they had to pay a fee if rates fell - like they have.

The Welsh bloke has a recorded call where his bank advisor told him if rates fell he would only have to pay £1,500 to £2,000 but he has been hit with a £95,000 charge

It's about people taking insurance out against interest rates rising but not realising they had to pay a fee if rates fell - like they have.

The Welsh bloke has a recorded call where his bank advisor told him if rates fell he would only have to pay £1,500 to £2,000 but he has been hit with a £95,000 charge

Feck! That is an OUCH!

Thanks.

Prsuambly you only take out insurance against IRs rising if you have big loans such as a property portfolio?