House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Qetesuesi

Would You Work In Telesales?

‘People don’t have the ambition to work and earn so they can buy a house, a car, travel abroad. They just rely on others to do it for them.’

Laughs. Sounds like BTL or banking. Why work when you can be a parasite.

Anyway money will flow the path of least resistance, like water. If it is easier to take benefits AND still live in a nice house, have a car and travel abroad, then why not?

Id rather commit suicide than work in it, in fact everyone that runs a company doing it should be put in concentration camps and forced to build something real

Isn't that quote from Glengarry Glen Ross?

I've not even heard of that film, but a wikipedia page shows it is a similar film in a high pressure sales setting.

Looking at the best rated / worst rated, it looks like the DM editors may not understand their online readership very well. That or they like to wind them up.

That well known sales expert or was he a stand up comic.

I prefer Mary Kay Ash - nothing happens until someone sells something.

How true

Or until someone needs to buy something..doesn`t even need to be pursuaded.

No way, I'd refuse to apply for a telesales job in the job centre. I'd conscientiously object to ensure I still got paid dole.

It's woman's work, and it's demeaning woman's work at that.

Work all week for sod all, you'd not even be able to afford your own security system, and then you'd come home and find somebody has burgled your rented flat for a £5 13 tog winter quilt, and you'd not even have enough money to put the gas. Fk that for a game of soldiers.

No way, I'd refuse to apply for a telesales job in the job centre. I'd conscientiously object to ensure I still got paid dole.

It's woman's work, and it's demeaning woman's work at that.

Work all week for sod all, you'd not even be able to afford your own security system, and then you'd come home and find somebody has burgled your rented flat for a £5 13 tog winter quilt, and you'd not even have enough money to put the gas. Fk that for a game of soldiers.

I take it you won't be applying then......... :lol:

If these people are such sales geniuses, maybe they should realise that zero takers after extensive publicity means the price is wrong.

There's a price at which people will do that job, but the market is telling them it's higher than £5.93 an hour.

I'd work in high value telesales if I had too. It's not a long term job as it is soul destroying. You have to make 14 calls for 1 lead, so the statistics say. Now think about making 1000 calls a day.

People were making much more than these legal firms from illegal landbanking (high value) sales, but the boiler rooms were in Spain.

Edited by Money Spinner

If these people are such sales geniuses, maybe they should realise that zero takers after extensive publicity means the price is wrong.

There's a price at which people will do that job, but the market is telling them it's higher than £5.93 an hour.

The £5.93 an hour will be before commission, which for a telesales job could be fairly reasonable. No reason for a company to pay sales people not to sell (anymore than the govt. forces them to anyway), so minimum wage plus commission is fairly typical.

Sales of some description is actually an effective way for people with low/no qualifications to make good money.

The £5.93 an hour will be before commission, which for a telesales job could be fairly reasonable. No reason for a company to pay sales people not to sell (anymore than the govt. forces them to anyway), so minimum wage plus commission is fairly typical.

Sales of some description is actually an effective way for people with low/no qualifications to make good money.

I'm sure you're right about it being typical, but that doesn't make it a good price. Maybe there's one person in that office taking home £400 (including tax credits?) and everybody else is on minimum wage. It's clearly not that attractive, otherwise it would spread by word of mouth and everybody would be clamouring to work there.

I don't know why they're having a go at the unemployed, for every one of them there are 19 who are not quitting their current job to take on this opportunity of a lifetime. Basically they expect the state to force unemployed people to take these jobs at any price under threat of homelessness and starvation.

Basically they expect the state to force unemployed people to take these jobs at any price under threat of homelessness and starvation.

Yeah yeah, so by extension it's their right to choose to sit at home and have everyone else pay for their existence? Why should anyone have to do anything remotely uncomfortable, it should all be lovely and fluffy and everyone should only do nice jobs or not work at all if they prefer and it should all be paid for... somehow...

In my experience anything that requires a salesmen to sell it (as opposed to an order taker) generally isn't worth bothering about. A good product/service generally sells itself or is at least sufficiently promoted by the media, word of mouth etc.

I think a lot of these cold calling firms rely on a steady stream of hopeful newbies, who work for nothing on a trial period. At the end of the fortnight the company gets rid of them and keeps the one or two skilled 'naturals' who remain, and get a new tranche of cannon fodder in to replace the old.

Edit, looks like the Mail misjudged its audience on this one - wonder if the comments will get pulled?

Dear Lord though, that woman looks like she'd have you in a Nelson hold and be administering the pepper spray if you failed to make your sales...!

Edited by Austin Allegro