House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inflating

Charity Swimmers For Rnli Needed Coastguard Rescue

Seriously ironic although I admire the people participating, but did they do their research before organising it?

Up to 80 people were rescued after they were swept out to sea during a charity swim to raise cash for the RNLI.

All the swimmers had been taking part in a 3.8km charity race round Joss Bay, Broadstairs, Kent on Sunday.

Dover Coastguards said they were called to the bay at about 10:30 BST and spent about two hours searching for all the missing participants.

Watch manager Gordon Wise said: "It could have potentially been a very serious event, a very serious problem."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-14707307

80people!

Surely something like that would be far better organised.

I planned to do a jolly to France on my jetski, until I realised the crazy amount of planning involved. Support boats, re-fuelling etc etc.

80people!

I planned to do a jolly to France on my jetski, until I realised the crazy amount of planning involved. Support boats, re-fuelling etc etc.

One of the best Only Fools and Horses sketches had Delboy making that same trip, don't forget to take your factor 50 sunscreen :)

80people!

I know, it's almost beyond believable

July. Annual sponsored event 'Swim the Solent' for the IOW Samaritans.

RNLI in charge of deciding timings got the tides wrong - they forgot to add the hour for BST. What sort of basic navigation error is that for the premier sea rescue service?:unsure:

Luckily, all 30 swimmers and their attendant kayaks made it in one piece. It's not too late to donate. :)

As no one was seriously injured it's quite hilarious, but it could quite easily have been a tragic loss of life.

That would really have discredited the RNLI.