House Price Crash Forum
FrozenOut

My Pledge To Hpc

Dear House Builders, Vendors, Property Developers

I've just spend the morning on Rightmove and I have to say, once again, despite having a reasonably secure job a deposit of approaching £130k - two thirds of it I've saved from working hard! (no ipods, 3 holidays a year, iphones,Ipads and any other junk you THINK I've bought instead of saving for a house) I would like to, once again reject the opportunity to buy or even come and look at your properties.

The three of you are STILL way way disconnected from where we are now - the real world has returned - the belief we can carry on spending forever and ever on an endless stream of credit, where jobs are so plentyful we can move jobs every six months and earn another £5-10k with each jump - those days are gone. The Economy is cold, as cold as approaching Autumn and Winter.

All thats left in the market are people like me, people who are risk averse when it comes to borrowing stacks and stacks of money, people who beleive that a double dip is virtually nailed on. Your target market, the feckless liars and risk takers are already up to their necks in it, and those that aren't will have the door of the bank slammed in their faces.

What this country needs is a full-reset, job creation can't happen whilst wage demands are so high - the reason wage demands are so high is for the one thing the three of you have in common, the asking price for a roof over your head. The thing is, I can hear you saying, you can't afford to drop the prices - the time, the effort and the in alot of cases the leaverage on your property makes it, in your case - not an option.

So here we are, who's going to blink first? Me? Nope. I've lived in my cheap rented flat for 4 years now - if I want to, I can move within a month to the other side of town and save even more money, to either live off, or to add to my deposit. See, I have all the time in the world - and I strongly suspect you are in the opposite position.

So, get real - My auntie just received an offer on her property yesterday, up for £319k - Offered £270k She'd be wise to take it I think, I know I certainly wouldn't pay that for her house.

The hailed new paradigm has arrived, unfortunately in the wake of a financial tsunami. There are those in debt and there are those with money. Only one group of people can buy your property and the numbers within it are small. I suggest you work a little harder to get my attention, but feel free to take as long as you need - I've already waited 'forever' so I can afford to wait a little longer.

Regards

FrozenOut

We are discussing this on the NI forum just now - we have drops of 49.9% but no-one is particularly keen to dip their toes in the water yet.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=168518

my contribution

interesting tactic

Personally i think you should all wait until one of the posters reports seeing Ken coming up the Garden path dressed like Rambo and then fill yer boots

Brilliant, posts like this give me hope there is intelligent life out there, probably why I hang out so much on this site :)

Only thing I'd add is watch the bastards with inflation, they'll have no qualms over robbing you of your hard earned money in a vein attempt to force you into their housing racket. This ponzi is now Govt. backed so anything is possible.

Personally i think you should all wait until one of the posters reports seeing Ken coming up the Garden path dressed like Rambo and then fill yer boots

I'd prefer the blood on the street to not be my own. Just like leaving out milk and cookies for Santa I have a couple of Oz ready for Ken's visit, hopefully this will buy him off :lol:

Dear House Builders, Vendors, Property Developers.......

I would like to, once again reject the opportunity to buy or even come and look at your properties.

So here we are, who's going to blink first? Me? Nope.

Only one group of people can buy your property and the numbers within it are small. I suggest you work a little harder to get my attention, but feel free to take as long as you need - I've already waited 'forever' so I can afford to wait a little longer.

Regards

FrozenOut

Brilliant, with you 100%

Any chance you would like to post the whole lot over at this place,

http://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/news_features/Chink-of-light-after-monthly-transactions-fall-10-000-in-a-year

they get really excited by this sort of thing :lol:B)

Yes, me too FO......Not going near them until they are back to a multiple last seen in 1997....... At least........

Then we can discuss the w@nkers in government bailing me out for 12 years of wasted rent........you know........slavery

F@ck this country

Edited by Milton

............... would there be irony if the economic downturn some people on here keep wishing for .........................results in the loss of their jobs ?

You are of course right, but you'll be saying the same in another 2 years. And 2 years after, and after.

while living in a cheap flat ? paying someone eles mortgage for them ?

............... would there be irony if the economic downturn some people on here keep wishing for .........................results in the loss of their jobs ?

Or - to play devil's advocate - a meltdown results in the loss of their savings?

Great - so we are all fecked whatever happens. :angry:

When the chips fall I think the final outcome could well be very random indeed. Houses, stocks, gold, paper, who knows what any of it will be worth. The swings are becoming wilder and more uncontrolled that is for sure, obviously not for housing, that sucker is still stood, stable, at least for now...

Frozen out,

A full reset when you have 130k, or about 8 times after tax median yearly wage, in the bank, could be painful.

So by full reset do we mean letting the chips fall, no more bailout etc. and therefore letting some banks fail? Which means savings might not be safe? But then surely they'll be protected by the FSCS and savers will get their money back anyway?

So by full reset do we mean letting the chips fall, no more bailout etc. and therefore letting some banks fail? Which means savings might not be safe? But then surely they'll be protected by the FSCS and savers will get their money back anyway?

Yes, what does a full reset mean? I assume it means a debt jubilee, in which case savings in the bank turn to dust, and the taxpayer gets his debts and obligations set to zero too, hence no FSCS payout.

Of course others might say a full reset is all debts written off, except theirs.

Trouble is if the banks fail and the savers are rescued the money will come straight off a printing press. Being handed back £85k which now only buys a hamburger will be very unpleasant to say the least.

You think the state has enough cash, to pay out if banks start failing. Surely..?

But if it all goes pear shaped the 85k they pay out (by the time they pay out) might only get you a crappy second hand car. If there's serious currency devaluation (which retail bank collapses would surely bring), the real estate market would seize up as no sane person would want to trade a real asset for funny money. Then by the time houses start to shift, we might be into a hyperinflationary phase.

Who knows what will happen but one thing you can bet on is that 85k after a major retail bank goes down, won't be the same as 85k today.

Yes, what does a full reset mean? I assume it means a debt jubilee, in which case savings in the bank turn to dust, and the taxpayer gets his debts and obligations set to zero too, hence no FSCS payout.

Of course others might say a full reset is all debts written off, except theirs.

Why wouldnt the Government make good on the bank guarantees? they can just print them

But if it all goes pear shaped the 85k they pay out (by the time they pay out) might only get you a crappy second hand car. If there's serious currency devaluation (which retail bank collapses would surely bring), the real estate market would seize up as no sane person would want to trade a real asset for funny money. Then by the time houses start to shift, we might be into a hyperinflationary phase.

Who knows what will happen but one thing you can bet on is that 85k after a major retail bank goes down, won't be the same as 85k today.

well yes of course it wont but then neither would houseprices and interest rates would be in excess of 20%

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Why wouldnt the Government make good on the bank guarantees? they can just print them

Because it chooses to.

There may even be a good reason, it may choose to defend the currency, rather than print it out of existence.

Because it chooses to.

There may even be a good reason, it may choose to defend the currency, rather than print it out of existence.

how the fck do you defend the currency via a debt jubilee its a default

By not over printing your currency.

how do you collect enough tax to service debts, what do you use now there isnt enough sterling, chocolate buttons? A debt jubilee is a default therefore by definition it spanking the currency, theres nothing to defend

well yes of course it wont but then neither would houseprices and interest rates would be in excess of 20%

I'm not sure about house prices, what if people start to view houses and gold as the only safe place to put their lifesavings?

Say you have 250k in a bank but then become deeply worried about economic collapse, do you:

(1) buy gold which has reached heights of $5000/oz;

(2) buy the house on the next street;

(3) keep your money in 4 or more banks; or

(4) buy shares?

This is the sort of choice it may come down to.