House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Is Your Ea Open Today?

Out of interest, are EA firms opening this bank holiday in your area?

The ones 10 minutes from me are not. I assume they are all expecting a flood of viewers in the first week of Sept as they keep telling me that Sept is the boom month for house sales locally. Hence no need for them to open on the last bank holiday of the Summer.

Phiff!

The ones 10 minutes from me are not. I assume they are all expecting a flood of viewers in the first week of Sept as they keep telling me that Sept is the boom month for house sales locally. Hence no need for them to open on the last bank holiday of the Summer.

Phiff!

All closed here!

Mine's gone down to the beach.

He may as well sit there gazing out on endless **** all, as sit in his office looking at the same.

So, in short the bank holiday viewing was over on Saturday - round my way no EAs do viewings on Sunday so Saturday afternoon was the last chance to take advantage of the bank holiday weekend.

Alas, don't know about you lot, but I have another month to wait now as EAs are convinced that people return from holidays and go house hunting in September.

So, in short the bank holiday viewing was over on Saturday - round my way no EAs do viewings on Sunday so Saturday afternoon was the last chance to take advantage of the bank holiday weekend.

Alas, don't know about you lot, but I have another month to wait now as EAs are convinced that people return from holidays and go house hunting in September.

Of course! Kids have just started new school; the parents are potless and frazzled, and the winter heating bills financial maw is opening.

The perfect time to get out there and spend on big ticket stuff!!

They said that about Spring too.

Obviously they know more about the gathering speed of the recovery than everyone else does.

Had a good chat with Robert at Connells today. Who informed me its a buyers market and offers of 12% are being offered, however not being accepted, 'yet'. The reason given low interest rates and the vendors can't afford to sell..

Had a good chat with Robert at Connells today. Who informed me its a buyers market and offers of 12% are being offered, however not being accepted, 'yet'. The reason given low interest rates and the vendors can't afford to sell..

12% :lol: I won't be offering anything more than 20% below. (unless it's very very attractively price)

12% :lol: I won't be offering anything more than 20% below. (unless it's very very attractively price)

We have only just started looking at houses, getting fed up with commercial business agents and vendors.

My offer was 15% below 2007 prices, his reply buyers are putting in offers around 12% below, but not being accepted. B)

Edited by timebandit

Phiff!

:)

Are you experiencing withdrawal symptoms?

Need to verify this in a month. Bump this thread then when you've popped in MT around 29th Sept. If we were on a giant Outlook I'd send oyu a meeting request but we aint so

29th Sept: MT to pop into EA's in Wales to find out what happened in the busy month of September 2011

We have only just started looking at houses, getting fed up with commercial business agents and vendors.

My offer was 15% below 2007 prices, his reply buyers are putting in offers around 12% below, but not being accepted. B)

I have been observing this too! I usually put in a good offer if the place is acceptable.

It is at least a start to negotiaton. No, they will hang out for the full price!

They will hang out forever some of them...

I usually look for a death or a divorce, or a move for work, that might make them more motivated sellers!

I thought he was referring to 12% of the asking price? I thought that was pretty reasonable! :lol:

Like your facebook link btw, if you dont mind I will add it to my foot note on posts too :)