House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

Why Are Guardian Readers Such Colossal Morons?

I was thinking of seeing this film, I like daft conspiracy type stuff.

Decided to read comments the comments on this article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2011/feb/23/apollo-18-trailer-flick-teaser

ie

loggedinlate

23 February 2011 12:46PM

Everybody died, so no-one made it home, and no-one ever went back to the moon. Right.

So how did they get the footage back to Earth?

I much prefer the Space Argument guys on Modern Toss.

They are called radio wave's dear. 'One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind ring any bells?

I also remember reading comments on an article decrying how much more peoples electricity bills would be if every car was electric The most recommended comment was 'it would increase the average households electricity bills by £500 a year, so it cant and wont happen'

Dont know about everyone else, but i spend around £2000 on petrol each year. Instead spending another £500 on electricity would give me £1500 more spending money at home, and mean £1500 less buying foreign oil and worsening the trade balance.

They should expand capacity now if all it means is my leccy bill goes up by £500.

Decided to read comments the comments on this article

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2011/feb/23/apollo-18-trailer-flick-teaser

ie

loggedinlate

23 February 2011 12:46PM

Everybody died, so no-one made it home, and no-one ever went back to the moon. Right.

So how did they get the footage back to Earth?

I much prefer the Space Argument guys on Modern Toss.

They are called radio wave's dear. 'One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind ring any bells?

I also remember reading comments on an article decrying how much more peoples electricity bills would be if every car was electric The most recommended comment was 'it would increase the average households electricity bills by £500 a year, so it cant and wont happen'

Dont know about everyone else, but i spend around £2000 on petrol each year. Instead spending another £500 on electricity would give me £1500 more spending money at home, and mean £1500 less buying foreign oil and worsening the trade balance.

They should expand capacity now if all it means is my leccy bill goes up by £500.

You fool, everyone knows that the moon landing was a fake. It was filmed in Pinewood and so they didn't have to ship footage back from the moon.

Also, we've already conquored Mars. I saw Mission to Mars and that was scary. That's why we aren't colonising it.

Back to my copy of the Guardian.

De

All these things are merely a overt symptom of the fact that nobody trusts the government much.

Most of the footage you see from the Apollo missions was shot on film cameras. They did have TV cameras, but as far as I remember there was one on a tripod and one on the lunar rover and the quality wasn't particularly good.

In any case, that's a minor issue compared to the lunacy of believing that NASA could launch an Apollo mission without anyone noticing.

Colleague, reasonably intelligent but thinks Ron Paul is right wing lunatic, when I pointed out to him that there was nothing looney about not wanting to send troops to their death in some shit hole in the middle east no response, reads the Guardian daily.

I have always said this. The Mail is an easy target, but if you want really infuriating commentary, just delve into the Guardian.

So right Mr Bolton! If only they would all stick to the facts, I can read through any bias there may be.

But no! We need "commentary" to tell us which opinions to have, and don't get me started on the "lifestyle drivel"! :lol::blink:

I have always said this. The Mail is an easy target, but if you want really infuriating commentary, just delve into the Guardian.

Whats your address? I'll post you a copy of the Bury times...... remove sharp objects from your home first though. :P

I'm going to ask Santa for it for Christmas! :)

my guardian reading friend detests me for it. I'm quite tempted to buy one in every colour just to p!ss him off.