House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inflating

Brad Pitt Coming To Billericay In Essex To Film

Brad Pitt filming tomorrow in Billericay,

suggests The Billericay Tourist Board ?

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/county_news/9220357.Hollywood_star_Brad_Pitt_expected_to_film_in_Billericay_on_Monday/?ref=mr

Apparently doing a zombie movie, the studio probably think there are lots of readily available extras, just like in some parts of Scotland except slightly less intimidating

Brad+Pitt+4.jpg

Mr Pitt, has grown beard to further ambition

of becoming a jobbing gardener

I liked this comment

Ricayboy says...

11:47am Sat 27 Aug 11

A post apocalyptic zombie film? I didn't think the Dale Farm travellers would allow a film crew anywhere near their camp, but I must have been mistaken.

I wonder why they have chosen Billericay? Is it a British film?

I liked this comment

I wonder why they have chosen Billericay?

Is it soul-less there? Otherwise perhaps someone at the studio is a fan of Gavin & Stacey?

I liked this comment

I wonder why they have chosen Billericay? Is it a British film?

He's been up in Glasgow for two weeks filming - not surprised you lads in England have'nt heard - I'd imagine 3000 extras dressed as zombies filming with one of the worlds top male Holywood stars in a UK city transformed over several days into a copy of Philadelphia means nothing to the BBC as it didn't happen in London.

Sour grapes and all.

Movie's meant to be called World War Z

Cameron Diaz was supposed to be moving to Billericay a few years ago, I kid you not. Someone at a Billericay estate agents must really be talking it up over there http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/471910-diaz-set-to-become-an-essex-girl

Diaz decided not to go, mainly because there was no Lidl and infrequent buses. "I'm not taking the blinkin' free hourly bus to Tesco Extra in Pitsea every week", she is reported as saying

Is it soul-less there? Otherwise perhaps someone at the studio is a fan of Gavin & Stacey?

Dont know about soul-less but the high street is reminiscent of a scene from 28 days later after about 11pm.

The only thing we've heard about Scotland this week is wall-to-wall coverage about the European football...or lack of it

Just sayin'.

Sorry mate - not a footy fan - I think it's one of the curses of the working man... Bit like bingo is for birds...

Tax is the reason they came to the UK apparently.

Filming took place in several areas of the UK, particularly in Glasgow, Scotland with the streets made to look like those in Philadelphia with many American cars, trucks, taxis and street signage shipped in from the USA. The filmmakers originally planned to film in Philadelphia itself however, they pulled out when they were refused tax breaks in the USA.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/trivia

Surely it would be cheaper to pay the tax than to ship all that stuff across the Atlantic?

Full colour photos of Brad in this Wednesday's Billericay & Basildon Yellow Advertiser ?

We can but pray.

Of course, Brad is no news, for Billericay has bred some of our best loved notables. I've taken the liberty to italicise the ones I've heard of

Alison Moyet, British pop singer, born in Billericay

Barbara Follett, British politician, lived in Billericay as child

Carl Beech, Christian writer & speaker; was senior pastor of Billericay Baptist Church

Chris Haywood, Australian actor/producer, born in Billericay

Christopher Martin, Mayflower pilgrim, lived in Billericay before his pilgrimage

Daniel Corbett, British TV weather forecaster, lived in Billericay as child

Darren Day, British entertainer, lived in Billericay

Francis Thomas Bacon, British engineer, born in Billericay

Lee Barnard, English football player, went to school in Billericay

Ricky Grover, Actor, lives in Billericay

Lee Evans, Comedian, went to school and lives in BillericayMarshall Jefferson, house music pioneer lived in Billericay in the late 1990s/early 2000s

Lee Harrison, English football player, born in Billericay

Mark Foster, British swimmer, born in Billericay

Neal Asher, science fiction writer, born in Billericay

Peter Bone, British politician, born in Billericay

Russell Tovey, British actor, has Billericay as his hometown[14]

Stewart Robson, former English football player, born in Billericay

David Gandy, English model (Dolce & Gabbana advertising)

Perry McCarthy, Former F1 driver

Kevin Painter British darts player, born in Billericay

Patrick W. Welch English-American painter, born in Billericay

Teresa Gorman, politician, former Member of ParliamentPaul Parker (footballer), was raised in Billericay and lived there when he became a professional football player.

Nicholas Farrell, Actor, born in Billericay

Sir Mervyn King, ?, lived above 'Ricay Kebabs in Billericay 1975-1992

Obviously I made the Mervyn King one up. He doesn't even like kebabs unless it's 2am and he has just been out clubbin' wiv his mates.

Anybody find any photos of his visit or confirmatiom he filmed there in the press?

Or was it a load of tourist board BS?

I did hear a rumour he was staying at Stockbrook manor over the weekend but not heard anything else. The local paper reported no sightings in a small article. I drove through Stock yesterday and didn't see anything unusual. Maybe it was on some remote farm in the area.

I did hear a rumour he was staying at Stockbrook manor over the weekend but not heard anything else. The local paper reported no sightings in a small article. I drove through Stock yesterday and didn't see anything unusual. Maybe it was on some remote farm in the area.

Usually there are small dayglo cardboard signs with arrows on lampposts or trees saying "LOC" or similar for the crew to follow. But I suspect the whole Billericay story was nonsense.

They're filming some of World War Z in Aldershot in part of the military garrison. There's a huge set there now.

Aldershot tourist board not cashing in ? ;)

Now press report say he's going to be filming at the sewage works, hmm is someone's having fun with this or what? http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/9224122.Brad_Pitt_due_to_start_filming_in_Essex/

(bus loads of teenage girls enduring the stench just for a glimpse?)

I woke 5 minutes from there! Maybe I'll pop over later and do some star spotting! Although I doubt I'd get passed the front gate and also I have no desire to see brad Pitt. So maybe I'll just go home.

Quite looking forward to the film though.