House Price Crash Forum

Worst Viewing Ever ..

exiges

HOLA441

Went to look at what in the brochure appeared to be a nice enough house.. Turned up to find the EA absent, made a call to their office to find they would be there an hour later.. So we kicked our heels, taking in just how much smaller the house appeared than the brochure.. What looked like a large frontage/courtyard would only take 2.5 cars. All the window frames were rotten, all the double glazing was blown with condensation.. The grass was sodden/muddy due to an adjacent field being higher.. First impressions weren't great.. But that was nothing compared to what was instore for us inside.

When the EA did arrive, she didn't look too happy, and told us to take our shoes off before going in.. (after the viewing I can only assume it was to stop our shoes getting dirty) .

First up the living room, dark, cluttered and unwelcoming, next the dining room was tiny, with decor that made it look even smaller, you couldn't really get a full size dining table in there.. The next room was the "highlight" of the viewing.. The EA knocked before entering and introduced it to us as the study but didn't go in.. My partner peered in and saw a man sat in an armchair facing us.. As is the way she said "sorry for intruding as we look around", he didn't reply, he just stared back angry looking. What I saw but my partner didn't, was a shotgun on his lap! After that it was a blur of awful laminate flooring, dated bathrooms, bedrooms full of unwashed laundry and 70s furniture..

With our 3yr old in tow I just wanted to get out of there and fast! We won't be arranging another viewing.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I viewed a place with an EA once .... 11am one sunny Saturday morning, the place was dark all the curtains were drawn, the washing up looked like it hadn't been done for a month and the occupant was asleep in bed, the EA was talking and trying hard to sell it as if it were clean and empty....I couldn't wait to get out. ;)

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

What on earth made you continue on after you'd seen the man with the shotgun?

I do understand that once it has been purchased it comes free of curtains, the washing up, the bed with the occupant unless otherwise arranged... that you have to try and see through the mess, but a house is a home and it was the neighbour I saw that was holding the shotgun. ;)

HOLA447

I'm looking at places too!

Some are just awful, but it is not reflected in the "asking price". Other places are immaculate, for around the same price. :huh:

HOLA448

Went to look at what in the brochure appeared to be a nice enough house.. Turned up to find the EA absent, made a call to their office to find they would be there an hour later.. So we kicked our heels, taking in just how much smaller the house appeared than the brochure.. What looked like a large frontage/courtyard would only take 2.5 cars. All the window frames were rotten, all the double glazing was blown with condensation.. The grass was sodden/muddy due to an adjacent field being higher.. First impressions weren't great.. But that was nothing compared to what was instore for us inside.

When the EA did arrive, she didn't look too happy, and told us to take our shoes off before going in.. (after the viewing I can only assume it was to stop our shoes getting dirty) .

First up the living room, dark, cluttered and unwelcoming, next the dining room was tiny, with decor that made it look even smaller, you couldn't really get a full size dining table in there.. The next room was the "highlight" of the viewing.. The EA knocked before entering and introduced it to us as the study but didn't go in.. My partner peered in and saw a man sat in an armchair facing us.. As is the way she said "sorry for intruding as we look around", he didn't reply, he just stared back angry looking. What I saw but my partner didn't, was a shotgun on his lap! After that it was a blur of awful laminate flooring, dated bathrooms, bedrooms full of unwashed laundry and 70s furniture..

With our 3yr old in tow I just wanted to get out of there and fast! We won't be arranging another viewing.

Next time you see my dad tell him hi from me.

HOLA449

Next time you see my dad tell him hi from me.

You are my brother, and I want the tent back, I lent you for Reading festival in 1986! :lol::blink:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

My ex. has the tent now. But what I didn't tell here was one of my mates was sick in it and we didn't clean it up.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. In this case 4 pints of lager and a pizza if I remember rightly.

I have a good festival story!

A mate of mine desperately wanted a crap, but the queues were long! He stood in line, patiently awaiting relief.

,When he got back to his tent. he found someone having a dump in it! :lol::o:blink:

HOLA4413

My ex. has the tent now. But what I didn't tell here was one of my mates was sick in it and we didn't clean it up.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. In this case 4 pints of lager and a pizza if I remember rightly.

:lol:

I have a good festival story!

A mate of mine desperately wanted a crap, but the queues were long! He stood in line, patiently awaiting relief.

,When he got back to his tent. he found someone having a dump in it! :lol::o:blink:

Ewwwww!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

What I saw but my partner didn't, was a shotgun on his lap! After that it was a blur of awful laminate flooring, dated bathrooms, bedrooms full of unwashed laundry and 70s furniture..

You didn't notice the twigs in a vase then?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Went to see a house last month in Kent ,a large pond in the garden had been filled with bits of concrete , bits of the tiled floor in kitchen were missing and the ceiling in the bedroom had bits hanging down . "Yeah" said the owner " i know it needs doing but ,cos we are selling we thought , Why bovver " We also did not go for a second viewing nor did we make an insulting offer .

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I have only ever been for one house viewing in my whole life, that was 10 years ago when I was serious about buying my first place (now I'm not bothered). It was a studio flat in an old art deco place at the top of Brixton hill. The viewing was early on a Sunday morning and the owner, and his mates, were there and all crashed and stoned out after obviously been clubbing all night and morning. I remember the owner trying to sell the place to me, between drags on his spliff, by claiming that the Victoria tube line was due to be extended in a few years up to Streatham.

HOLA4422

How many cars do you need to park there?

At least 4, and the photos looked like it could cater for more. Not only that it was off a narrow shared drive meaning that there was no space for overflow vehicles should we have guests.

What on earth made you continue on after you'd seen the man with the shotgun?

I wasn't sure if I was overreacting. I didn't want to make a fuss. Being in the country they're not such a rare sight.. If it had been in town it would have been even more unnerving.

HOLA4423

At least 4, and the photos looked like it could cater for more. Not only that it was off a narrow shared drive meaning that there was no space for overflow vehicles should we have guests.

I wasn't sure if I was overreacting. I didn't want to make a fuss. Being in the country they're not such a rare sight.. If it had been in town it would have been even more unnerving.

When viewing a property seeing someone sitting in a chair with a shotgun is a rare sight.

This is clearly wrong.

I woud be tempted to report it to the Police or complain the Estate agent.

No one should be exposed to that kind of viewing.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I think this is reportable, the holder of a sgc should always act in a responsible manner. This was clearly not.

+1

No excuse. Zero tolerance. Plod should be round like a shot.

(Except, of course, they'll be hounding some rioters who nicked a £20 pair of trainers, or a motorist who's strayed 3mph over the limit. I think the general assumption from Johnny 3-GCSE's is "Shotgun licence = chap who owns land = must be a good fella.")

Unlike our ex-landlord, where it just means "greedy grabbing c**t with a lot of land, several guns, and a sense of entitlement that makes him assume that a tenant's deposit is a handy little pot, into which he can dip his greedy fat fingers if he feels a bit short..."

:angry: