House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mkz

Chelsea Building Society Mortgage

Not bad. Hefty early repayment charges though. It might be fine as long as they let you let it out if you have to move.

It says "If we agree to you letting the property, we will increase the interest rate we charge on your mortgage account by 1% throughout the letting period."

It says "If we agree to you letting the property, we will increase the interest rate we charge on your mortgage account by 1% throughout the letting period."

'If we let you'... would be better as 'If you choose to'. I wonder what criteria they use to make the decision.

They're not predicting interest rates to rise much then

Because financial analysts are best at predicting future economic conditions?

Because financial analysts are best at predicting future economic conditions?

:lol:

Im sure all those discount trackers are working out for them.

on the other hand, they know govt will bail them, so probably not that long till they start offering 2% long term fixes (with £5k arrangement fees as commision)

Not bad at all. We fixed for 10years in February with the COOP at 5.09% :angry:

:D:D:D

edit: oh, Chelsea's part of YBS and from experience I am figuring this deal will be available to all but those who need it. Kite flying, don't feel so hard done by now.

Edited by tomposh101

These buggers entered the B2L market a few weeks ago, leading me to withdraw all my savings from YBS.

Supposed to be a building society, that aims to build houses for its members, yet practices B2L and tenant serfdom.

I will not invest willingly in my own slavery. But my savings being low, my voice counts for little.

Some of the people on here must have massive amounts of savings, you need to put your money where your mouths are HPCers, anyone with money in YBS is supporting B2L and pricing themselves even further out of home ownership.