House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Land Reg +1.3%mom -2.1%yoy

I can't think of a single rational reason for a positive, but it'll still be around +1.5.

You know it.

Volumes at an all time low, but those handful are keeping the indices afloat.

According to daily express they will have rocketed ahead of equities and gold over selected period and a quote from 'expert' Dr spunkhead flatulanciard a renowned economist they may rise by 25 per cent over future years.

0.1pc up, only the good stuff is selling and there is a massively overproportionate amount of cash buyers in the current mix of transactions. The real crash is evident not in transactions achieved but in the failure of houses to sell.

In any other Market making arena the lack of shift would lead to lowering of prices, in housing it leads to a bottleneck of unsold stock( either officially still for sale or withdrawn) followed by a crash when sales are forced. Let's face it, stats won't predict the crash, itvwill occur when people have to sell, either rates, unemoyment or inflation will start it off.

We all know it's coming, be patient!

As of last month Coventry was -5.5% YoY.

The sudden surge in the volume and scale of price reductions on Rightmove suggests that vendors have been sent a harsh lesson. Would be very surprised if there hasnt been a drop here.

As of last month Coventry was -5.5% YoY.

The sudden surge in the volume and scale of price reductions on Rightmove suggests that vendors have been sent a harsh lesson. Would be very surprised if there hasnt been a drop here.

Aye. It's the comprehensive break down of information that the Land Reg gives. A couple of months ago, people (not on this site) were saying it's only down 2% annually. However, there was enough details in there to say Manchester was down 10% YoY :o

Forgot these figures weren't out till 11am, so still an hour to wait.

I wonder if the London figures will keep it in positive territory?

London was -0.1% last month.

I'd go with +0.9% (last month revised up to 0.1%) because we've not seen a 9 for a while.

I hope it's a fall though as Essex has been showing a very nice accelerating downward trend for the last few months.

I'm expecting this to be fairly flat.

More interested in the Halifax/Nationwide this month to see if the riots and finance troubles have had much impact.

Disappointed if they're not sharply down this month and next.

That could trigger a sell off and then it might be time for me to give up and buy. We'll see.

I hope it's a fall though as Essex has been showing a very nice accelerating downward trend for the last few months.

I too have been seeing many price decreases on my property bee, and only a rare "sold".

But I guess it will still be awhile till it feeds through onto the LR fiigures.

July house prices up 1.3 per cent since June: average house price in England and Wales now £163,049

The July data from Land Registry's flagship House Price Index shows an annual price decrease of 2.1 per cent which takes the average property value in England and Wales to £163,049. The monthly change from June to July is 1.3 per cent.

The only region in England and Wales to experience an increase in its average property value over the last 12 months is London with a movement of 1.3 per cent. The South West experienced the greatest monthly rise with a movement of 2.2 per cent. The North East experienced both the greatest annual price fall with a decrease of 8.8 per cent and the most significant monthly price fall with a movement of 2.3 per cent.

The most up-to-date figures available show that during May 2011, the number of completed house sales in England and Wales decreased by 10 per cent to 46,870 from 52,170 in May 2010. The number of properties sold in England and Wales for over £1 million decreased by 44 per cent between May 2010 and May 2011, from 464 to 262.