House Price Crash Forum
Bob Loblaw

Ftse Taking A Bashing--- merged

Jackson Hole this weekend isn't it?

We need to make sure the correct decisions are taken.

The strong rally this week has because everyone thinks Ben will save us with his printing press. Maybe now everyone has realised that he is actually going to destroy us with his printing press.

The strong rally this week has because everyone thinks Ben will save us with his printing press. Maybe now everyone has realised that he is actually going to destroy us with his printing press.

Maybe it's a ying yang thing. At the start of the week it's he'll save us, end of week he'll destroy us, Monday it will be back to he'll save us.... etc...

Nearly 2% down. No real indicator of why this is yet

when the BOFE bod talked in Doncaster today we were doing quite well , then as he spoke things turned for the worse Pound down against The euro /dollar and stocks are down around 110 on the ftse atm, strange it usually works the other way when the printing presses are warming up maybe a touch of reality is breaking out.

Nearly 2% down. No real indicator of why this is yet

Germany's DAX down almost 3% too. This all seems to be related to Buffet's announcement of a $5billion investment into the insolvent Bank of America - essentially it's a bailout of one of the US's largest banks, and has spooked the markets who are looking nervously at Socgen, Unicredit etc who will be the next to need a handout, which seems like it's not going to materialize.

That's according to ZH anyway

Maybe it's a ying yang thing. At the start of the week it's he'll save us, end of week he'll destroy us, Monday it will be back to he'll save us.... etc...

Oh yes he is...

...Oh no he isn't!

OH YES HE...

etc.

Too many QE3 bets out there.

A few people are starting to realize it might not happen tomorrow.

I think you might be right - certainly looking very jumpy. Have a few big players been dumping stocks, making the rest of the herd think they've got wind of no QE3?

Jackson Hole this weekend isn't it?

We need to make sure the correct decisions are taken.

Please Ben, can we have some more money Ben?

No.

The stock market is cratering Ben, it's going down Ben, can we have some more money to prevent it Ben?

OK here you go then, crisis averted, bonuses all round.

Too many QE3 bets out there.

A few people are starting to realize it might not happen tomorrow.

I made that bet (or more think he can't) last thursday and went all cash, since then I've been a bit pig sick to see the markets bouyed (although the shares I had are only fair to middling). So I'm quite happy if the rest of the market takes up my view and my limits trigger :)

What great news for the bank holiday weekend

What time does the FTSE close? I have no clue at all about stocks, I just read the threads and try to get an idea of what's going on by aggregating the posts. :lol:

What time does the FTSE close? I have no clue at all about stocks, I just read the threads and try to get an idea of what's going on by aggregating the posts. :lol:

LSE Hours of Operation

Trade Reporting 07:15 - 07:50

Opening Auction 07:50 - 08:00

Continuous Trading 08:00 - 16:20

VWAP 16:20 - 16:30

Closing Auction 16:30 - 16:35

Order Maintenance 16:35 - 17:00

Trade Reporting Only 17:00 - 17:15

Or if things are looking really bad its when ever the intervention squad determines(think they were called to arms around an hour ago on the other side of the pond), mind you if they are rising making the bankers richer they will let it open until it starts falling :D

Edited by papag

LSE Hours of Operation

Trade Reporting 07:15 - 07:50

Opening Auction 07:50 - 08:00

Continuous Trading 08:00 - 16:20

VWAP 16:20 - 16:30

Closing Auction 16:30 - 16:35

Order Maintenance 16:35 - 17:00

Trade Reporting Only 17:00 - 17:15

Or if things are looking really bad its when ever the intervention squad determines(think they were called to arms around an hour ago on the other side of the pond), mind you if they are rising making the bankers richer they will let it open until it starts falling :D

That's compicated! Better off to think of it as 8am to 4:30pm then takes around 30mins to settle.

I said early in the week or last week buy, if you're a trader, to 5500/5700 then sell the hell out. Sell at this level in your pension.

Of course HPC deleted my post.

I said early in the week or last week buy, if you're a trader, to 5500/5700 then sell the hell out. Sell at this level in your pension.

Of course HPC deleted my post.

I don't think they deleted it? I read it and enquired if you are expecting "good" news from Jackson Hole?

Edit: Here it is http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=168418&st=0 Stop being so paranoid KB ;)

Edited by Pent Up