House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Who's Bored Of The House Price Crash ?

As you can see from the front page graph, we a re definitely in the HPC.

The only problem is...I'm bored with it now.

Im bored waiting for asking prices to become realistic.

Im bored waiting for repo's to start.

Im bored waiting for interest rates to rise.

Im bored waiting for the next banking crisis.

Im bored waiting for gold to collapse.

Im bored waiting for a someone to say..."you were spot on".

Im bored waiting for that bloke I know that bought a house under a pylon to say "what was I thinking my house is worthless".

Im bored waiting for a decent Prime Minister.

Im bored waiting for a the bankers to get their just deserts.

Im bored waiting for that episode of homes under the hammer where no one buys a house

Im bored waiting for the graph to reach the bottom.

Im bored waiting for a home.

It's like watching a car crash in slow motion, only slower.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

How about a few years abroad? You were in Paris for a while, were you not?

How about trying somewhere else, while you wait for the HPC to finally gather speed in the UK?

I wonder how long this thread will take to end up on MSE? Threads of this nature usualy do. There is always some muppet who will link it :rolleyes:

How about trying somewhere else, while you wait for the HPC to finally gather speed in the UK?

Careful!

You might come back and find you missed your generation's window of opportunity to buy.

Careful!

You might come back and find you missed your generation's window of opportunity to buy.

I doubt it, I STR'd at the end of 07 :)

Yes, I was and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Tried to get a full time position there but it was more difficult than anticipated.

I've been contacted about a 6-12month position in New Zealand, not been offered anything yet but if I am it's a serious consideration now. I'd rather pack up here and get paid less just to get away for a bit. Is there a www.housepricecrash.co.nz ? :lol:

Anyways, just to show how bored I am, i've extrapolated the graph on the front page to work out the low point, i.e. the ideal time to buy.

It's not long to wait...2024 !!! I could be dead by then !!! Best case I reckon 2020.

graph.JPG

:lol:

post-10812-0-18814900-1314284501_thumb.jpg

Yes, I was and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Tried to get a full time position there but it was more difficult than anticipated.

I've been contacted about a 6-12month position in New Zealand, not been offered anything yet but if I am it's a serious consideration now. I'd rather pack up here and get paid less just to get away for a bit. Is there a www.housepricecrash.co.nz ? :lol:

Anyways, just to show how bored I am, i've extrapolated the graph on the front page to work out the low point, i.e. the ideal time to buy.

It's not long to wait...2024 !!! I could be dead by then !!! Best case I reckon 2020.

graph.JPG

:lol:

House price in NZ is not cheap (relative to local earning).

The only problem is...I'm bored with it now.

It's like watching a car crash in slow motion, only slower.

Gold is pretty interesting at the moment, perhaps that's why so many members on here talk about it - because this HPC is tedious!

Another Graph.

Even if we have a SHARP correction, 2017 is the earliest now for rock bottom prices. I'll probably still be alive then.

graph.JPG

post-10812-0-20153500-1314285879_thumb.jpg

Emigrate to Northern Ireland where prices have dropped 49%. :)

Errrrrrrrrrr...no ta.

Even with a less deep trough you are looking at: 2016 to 2019.

I STR in 2007...That will be a ten year wait !!!!

graph.JPG

post-10812-0-65448900-1314286360_thumb.jpg

Emigrate to Northern Ireland where prices have dropped 49%. :)

I think prices are well into big falls territory in South & West Yorks to. In fact it's probably just parts of London and the SE where prices may be holding. Personally, I think the unambiguous HPC will be like a breaking dam, like it was in the late 80s. The joker in the pack though could be population growth - if we keep on adding 2 or 3 million people per decade (mostly to England) then that will support the demand side of the equation strongly.

I think prices are well into big falls territory in South & West Yorks to. In fact it's probably just parts of London and the SE where prices may be holding. Personally, I think the unambiguous HPC will be like a breaking dam, like it was in the late 80s. The joker in the pack though could be population growth - if we keep on adding 2 or 3 million people per decade (mostly to England) then that will support the demand side of the equation strongly.

Yeah, and what are they all going to buy the over-priced houses with ? Monopoly money ?

I'm not bored, just deeply intrigued, what with me being a Londoner and all :D

I would love to get some real stats into what is actually happening in this city. There is a huge amount of investment activity taking place here in terms of house purchase. Some roads near me have few if any owner occupiers, and in these roads houses go on the market one day and are snapped up the next, literally. I work near Wimbledon and one day looking through the local press saw an ex council three bed in a block near the common on the market for £600k. I've been in the block to visit an elderly lady who has a two bed, so I know what the flats are like. Its truly unbelievable, and there's no way this is down to domestic activity.

There is also a great deal of building activity taking place in some not very nice areas. I am often in Mitcham and some truly horrible blocks are going up for silly prices. Few of them will get the prices asked for but they can take a punt anyway.

Prices will be maintained in London, I think, as a consequence of immigration, and I say this as the child of 60s immigrants. The vested interests will make sure the 80s cannot be repeated. When you have MPs with buy to let portfolios why should they rock the boat? Prices around here seem to have stabilised around the £250k mark for a two/three bed house. I would dearly love to see those prices go down but can't think of any circumstance that would change that. I don't know what the answer is for those who want to own, (I think shared ownership is crap) can you put a cap on property ownership, for example??

I'm not bored, just deeply intrigued, what with me being a Londoner and all :D

I would love to get some real stats into what is actually happening in this city. There is a huge amount of investment activity taking place here in terms of house purchase. Some roads near me have few if any owner occupiers, and in these roads houses go on the market one day and are snapped up the next, literally. I work near Wimbledon and one day looking through the local press saw an ex council three bed in a block near the common on the market for £600k. I've been in the block to visit an elderly lady who has a two bed, so I know what the flats are like. Its truly unbelievable, and there's no way this is down to domestic activity.

There is also a great deal of building activity taking place in some not very nice areas. I am often in Mitcham and some truly horrible blocks are going up for silly prices. Few of them will get the prices asked for but they can take a punt anyway.

Prices will be maintained in London, I think, as a consequence of immigration, and I say this as the child of 60s immigrants. The vested interests will make sure the 80s cannot be repeated. When you have MPs with buy to let portfolios why should they rock the boat? Prices around here seem to have stabilised around the £250k mark for a two/three bed house. I would dearly love to see those prices go down but can't think of any circumstance that would change that. I don't know what the answer is for those who want to own, (I think shared ownership is crap) can you put a cap on property ownership, for example??

just can't see it myself

rubs chin

'this time it's different' is dead

long live 'just can't see it myself'

if we keep on adding 2 or 3 million people per decade (mostly to England) then that will support the demand side of the equation strongly.

how does an 8% population increase over 20 years justify a sustained 300% house price increase?

go on, really interested to know how

I'm listening

please make sure your answer, for convincingness' sake, does not include the phrases 'this time it's different' or 'just can't see it myself'

Yeah, and what are they all going to buy the over-priced houses with ? Monopoly money ?

More like WHO is buying these stupidly overpriced houses. Its clearly not your average punter.

More like WHO is buying these stupidly overpriced houses. Its clearly not your average punter.

All these immigrants come to the UK with nothing. Will the local British people be buying houses ( BTLs ) and getting the government to house the immigrants and pay using Housing Benefit ?

I don't see how that's sustainable.

Maybe it's time we pulled up the draw bridge and try to sort out the problems we already have.

how does an 8% population increase over 20 years justify a sustained 300% house price increase?

go on, really interested to know how

I'm listening

please make sure your answer, for convincingness' sake, does not include the phrases 'this time it's different' or 'just can't see it myself'

I think the only one fixated on those phrases is you!!

there's QE and low IR money awash everywhere, looking for a home, this will not last forever, when it is withdrawn all sorts of assets will fall in price, across the board

right now, the London housing market is seen, wrongly, as a safe haven, and certainly a tax efficient haven, for international money, given the low rates on gilts, that is all, this is ephemeral and a result of unsophisticated new money in the far east and asia