House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

You're All "tyre Kickers"

Sounds like the kind of insult you get from a stroppy child who doesn't get their toy.

Henry Pryor, the property market commentator, said that relatively few potential house buyers could actually go through with transactions.

"While there are huge numbers of so-called tyre kickers looking at [property] websites, those who can qualify for a mortgage or who have the additional equity required are small in number," he said.

"As a result, only one in three homes are actually selling."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14629958

I'm a tyre kicker, ive even viewed a couple of houses with no intention of buying. But the difference is I have the money and access to credit.

I'm a tyre kicker, ive even viewed a couple of houses with no intention of buying. But the difference is I have the money and access to credit.

I'm an ar8e kicker. I'm looking to kick the ar8e of any estate agent of bank owned property that tries to rip me off by selling me something for £200K more than it's worth.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I can't even be bothered kicking the tyres.

Is there any point viewing a house which is well overpriced? It's just a waste of everybody's time. Nice to get a feel for the styles etc, but decent photos and a floorplan give a good enough impression.

All EAs get from me is deafening silence, which is how it will continue until prices start looking realistic.

Edited by cheeznbreed

If we're all tyre kickers, what are the estate agents? Arthur Daley?

I've never looked at a house I wouldn't consider buying, still going about making 'derisory' offers (their words, not mine). Undermines their confidence if enough of us do it. Quite enjoy listening to ea's huffing and puffing, often with a side order of gnashing. Worst that can happen is Mr E himself (initial has been altered to protect the guilty) phones personally to berate me, then when I ask, quite reasonably, what the vendor actually said, gets a sulk on and hangs up. Whatever happened to manners?

Onward and downward.

I'm fed up with the dodgy used car salesmen. I've had several 'sellers' who aren't serious, either with their price or the actual intention to sell. So now I do go tyre kicking just to see if the market exists.

I'm fed up with the dodgy used car salesmen. I've had several 'sellers' who aren't serious, either with their price or the actual intention to sell. So now I do go tyre kicking just to see if the market exists.

Artificial markets - scrappage scheme allowed many to get away with murder on pricing.

Upshot - (result fo inflation, manipulation and economy bending) - lots more people ditching second cars, seen the number of private ads for cars onthe road stuck by the sides of roads?

Sounds like the kind of insult you get from a stroppy child who doesn't get their toy.

Henry Pryor, the property market commentator, said that relatively few potential house buyers could actually go through with transactions.

"While there are huge numbers of so-called tyre kickers looking at [property] websites, those who can qualify for a mortgage or who have the additional equity required are small in number," he said.

"As a result, only one in three homes are actually selling."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-14629958

I am sure something else is important in this equation. Can't quite put my finger on it. Ah yes !! Price. :lol:

Maybe Henry Pryor would like to inform us what would happen if all the prices halved tomorrow...

This type of shite makes me laugh.

I can afford to buy cash in my target post code. I check that area daily on Rightmove and see nothing worth even viewing at the listed price although things are getting closer . I'm just getting more determined to wait for the blood on the streets. And if that wait is to long and my success at spread betting continues( touch wood) i'll be gone from this sorry place doing it remotely from a more desirable place, taking my hard earned with me and leaving Mr VI to it.

I can't even be bothered kicking the tyres.

Is there any point viewing a house which is well overpriced? It's just a waste of everybody's time. Nice to get a feel for the styles etc, but decent photos and a floorplan give a good enough impression.

All EAs get from me is deafening silence, which is how it will continue until prices start looking realistic.

No.

Surely it's far better to phone up and say "if the vendor is interested in £x I would view it".

No discounts, no viewings might get the message across. Which is best for HPC?

Vendor to people they know:

"3 people have viewed the house this month"

or

"Nobody will even view my house unless I drop the price by xx%"

Same here, Im just not buying into someone elses greed or to pay off the debts they've accrued or whatever the reason they are expecting 2007 plus 25%