House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FaTB

Who Will Be Next Tory Leader ?

1/ Who will be the next Tory leader ?

2/ Is there a potential PM amongst them ?

My personal opinion is-

1/ David Davis, or the Cameron bloke. (So faceless I cannot even remember his first name)

2/ Sadly I think not !!

Unfortunately, the best speech came from William Haig, who they removed three leaders ago. Nobody’s going to back a horse that keeps changing jockeys.

We don’t need the Tories to mess the country up, this government has done it for them.

I think Cameron could do it - the leadership and an election. The only real objection to him is that he's too posh. But after so many years of rhetoric about people succeeding despite their backgrounds this shouldn't be held against him. Some people think he's too young - but that's possibly what the Tories need to show a clean break from the past.

On paper David Davies is the ideal candidate - but if his conference speech was really the best he could do there would be no hope.

Ken Clarke still has a chance - his fags'n'booze bonhomie could be a winner in the country at large. But I think he did too many unpopular things last time round, and his links with the tobacco industry could be exploited by the other parties.

What about Dr Bubb? He seems to have a lot of time on his hands. We could have a graphocracy.

I think Cameron could do it - the leadership and an election. The only real objection to him is that he's too posh. But after so many years of rhetoric about people succeeding despite their backgrounds this shouldn't be held against him. Some people think he's too young - but that's possibly what the Tories need to show a clean break from the past.

On paper David Davies is the ideal candidate - but if his conference speech was really the best he could do there would be no hope.

Ken Clarke still has a chance - his fags'n'booze bonhomie could be a winner in the country at large. But I think he did too many unpopular things last time round, and his links with the tobacco industry could be exploited by the other parties.

What about Dr Bubb? He seems to have a lot of time on his hands. We could have a graphocracy.

I think David Cameron could do it, after all a young face worked wonders for the Labour party. Granted Bliar doesn't look too young now, even with the make up…Blair spends more money on make up than Barbera Cartland did in her life time.