House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Steve Jobs Resigns From Running Apple

'Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO, Tim Cook takes over':

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/08/24/steve_jobs_resigns_as_apple_ceo.html

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs announced on Wednesday that he is no longer fit to serve as the company's chief executive officer, officially resigning from the position, which has been be filled by Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook.

The announcement came Wednesday evening in a press release directed at the Apple Board of Directors, as well as the company's community. Jobs said he would like to stay on as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee, a wish that was granted by the board.

Oh dear, one assumes the man is not very well at all now. Hope he gets better.

I fear you may be right, he seems to have been dogged by ill health for years.

“I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know.

“Unfortunately, that day has come. I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee."

LINK

Expect the share price to take a hit.

Yes, what a shame.

We have but a few years here on this planet... at least he did something useful with his short time here.

Given in the past he's had a whipple operation for pancreatic cancer:

"The Whipple procedure today is very similar to Whipple's original procedure. It consists of removal of the distal half of the stomach (antrectomy), the gall bladder and its cystic duct (cholecystectomy), the common bile duct (choledochectomy), the head of the pancreas, duodenum, proximal jejunum, and regional lymph nodes. Reconstruction consists of attaching the pancreas to the jejunum (pancreaticojejunostomy) and attaching the hepatic duct to the jejunum (hepaticojejunostomy) to allow digestive juices and bile respectively to flow into the gastrointestinal tract and attaching the stomach to the jejunum (gastrojejunostomy) to allow food to pass through. "

and then a liver transplant I very much doubt he will ever get better unfortunately.

We have but a few years here on this planet... at least he did something useful with his short time here.

I just realized that he's only 56.

His gaunt appearance in recent years makes him look like he's in his late 60s.