House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Debates Heating Up At Ea Today

Don't you mean that your single-handed war against EAs is continuing? :P

Which reminds me, you haven't regaled us with any of your face-to-face EA chats for a while...

Edited by rantnrave

i hate the term "professional" used for an estate agent

they ARE NOT a professional - they are sales people, they are no different from people who sell goods in Dixons or Car Salesman

a Professional is someone who has sat a formal and reconised qualification in the field they work in.

when people stop using that term, they will realise that EA's are nothing special, and dont hold the elixor of housing sales, so that you can get your debt paid off as someone elses expense.

i do like this from the first link though

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/514b5

What about engineers?????

I said 'engineers'. Like the ones that fix washing machines. Part fitters? Appliance technicians? Maybe. Engineers? Pffft.

I said 'engineers'. Like the ones that fix washing machines. Part fitters? Appliance technicians? Maybe. Engineers? Pffft.

:D thats ok then lol......thought for a split second you might have been comparing professional engineers to professional estate agents.....I reckon i could give flogging a few houses a go lol........priced to sell here we come!

Which reminds me, you haven't regaled us with any of your face-to-face EA chats for a while...

I have kind of given up. The asking prices continue to be stupid, many EAs continue to be in denial.

Viewed 2 houses in Mumbles this week both on for 300K asking - 3 bed semis - and both needed complete gutting and modernisation... about 100K worth of work.

One of the Swansea EAs showing me around was glibly talking about spending 100K on doing it up as if 100K was nothing. I pointed out to her that 100K was a lot of money, asked her much money she would need to earn to gross 100K after tax and living costs? At which point she told me she was leaving the firm at the end of Sept as sales had been so poor during the Summer she had decided to jump rather than wait to be fired.

The EA of the other house I viewed told me that they were hoping for a bumper September and that what offers there are now are coming in at 20% below asking.