House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Ever Been A "victim" Of Audience Participation?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/edinburgh-festival/8709649/Edinburgh-Festival-2011-The-increasing-role-of-audience-participation.html

This article reminded me of a time, about three years ago, when I was staying in London. I went to see a friend's friend perform in a Comedy Club in Archway. Sort of new comedians and such like...1 or 2 were quite good, but as my friend insisted on sitting at the front., one "comedian" decided to pick on me, and as was a bit of a pleb, when he asked me what my occupation was, I told him "Badger Bater"...which floored him, and he couldn't come back from that... has anyone had any other experiences?

I once volunteered for a hypnotism show in Majorca (to see whether I could be hypnotised).

The hypnotism didn't work so, rather than walk off, I just made the best of it.

I was trying to make it as amusing as possible for the hotel guests whilst staying within my personal limits. One part even made the hypnotist laugh. Someone bought the footage (guess I'd better not ever become famous :lol: )

used to go to many comedy shows in the eighties and heckled when pissed. saw eddie izzard in 1990 with about 10 others he held his own. best heckle was aimed at david baddiel, who asked "didnt this used to be a church?" to which member of audience replied "it used to be a comedy club!"

"didnt this used to be a church?" to which member of audience replied "it used to be a comedy club!"

:lol::lol::blink:

Very good!

used to go to many comedy shows in the eighties and heckled when pissed. saw eddie izzard in 1990 with about 10 others he held his own. best heckle was aimed at david baddiel, who asked "didnt this used to be a church?" to which member of audience replied "it used to be a comedy club!"

That's good. Nowaday's comedians have lot's of pre-canned comebacks for hecklers and deliver it as if they've just ad-libbed it on the spot. For some reason that p*sses me off, like I'm being fraudulently cheated.

That's good. Nowaday's comedians have lot's of pre-canned comebacks for hecklers and deliver it as if they've just ad-libbed it on the spot. For some reason that p*sses me off, like I'm being fraudulently cheated.

Moreover, its very difficult for the heckler to "win" as the stand-up has the mic.

I once volunteered for a hypnotism show in Majorca (to see whether I could be hypnotised).

The hypnotism didn't work so, rather than walk off, I just made the best of it.

I was trying to make it as amusing as possible for the hotel guests whilst staying within my personal limits. One part even made the hypnotist laugh. Someone bought the footage (guess I'd better not ever become famous :lol: )

Erm, I think that the fact that you went along with it meant the hypnotism did work. Even if you think it didn't.

Didn't they always have pre-canned retorts? Even Winston Churchill's famous put-downs were thought up in advance and he just waited for the right moment to deploy them.