House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bullish Bear

Nethouseprices Updated

Nethouseprices.com has had an update and now has house price sales info for August 05.

The strange thing is that a number of properties allegedly sold by my local EA (Daniels in Sudbury Court Estate) do not appear on nethouseprices. Could it be that Daniels have been telling lies about their sales?

Nethouseprices.com has had an update and now has house price sales info for August 05.

The strange thing is that a number of properties allegedly sold by my local EA (Daniels in Sudbury Court Estate) do not appear on nethouseprices. Could it be that Daniels have been telling lies about their sales?

Nah...the land registry figures displayed on nethouseprices & similar websites lag several months behind. You'll have to wait a bit longer to see the real picture.

If the property hasnt previously been sold in recent years it may take a while to go through -

On a slightly different track there are numberious properites in my area that have been on rightmove for months as sold subject to contract, perhaps these sales are as good as your ea`s sales.

Could it be that Daniels have been telling lies about their sales?

You been on the wacky juice again, right?

Why would someone working in such a highly skilled, productive, reputable, and noble profession lie?

Edited by shakerbaby

Unfortunately the update to the LR database is not immediate :angry:

3 months a sale after you probably have a 95% chance of it being listed... for 100% certainly anything upto a couple of years I believe.

I'm not sure why.. I guess it just depends on the solicitors and whether they can type with one finger or two :ph34r:

Don't put it past them. I remember seeing something in the local paper about a year ago about a bloke who had sued an EA for advertising his house (that had never been for sale in the first place!) as one of many "sold" properties!

Edited by FedupTeddiBear

Fraid the conspiracy theorists are wrong again, and the f**ckup theory of history applies as usual.

I sold my house in Dec 2003 to STR. My house has never appeared on the LR records or any of the sites like nethouseprices. Subsequent house sales on the same street do appear in the records, as do previous sales.

The reason for anomalies like this is simply the poor quality of data collection and maintenance. I'm afraid missing data only means that someone has a) made an error filling out a form or B) made an error typing the form into a computer or c) made a programming error in the computer software or d) accidentally deleted a record in a database or e) lost a form, made it into a paper aeroplane or the filter for a camberwell carrot, or, or, or...

I have just found out that a property that Daniels sold has now gone back on the market with another agent! The other agent told me on that the vendor has had problems with their previous agent!!!

Surely there is a law against agents telling us properties have sold when they have not!