House Price Crash Forum

Us House Sales Down Again

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

That whole article is just one huge bear fest.

We like looking at Rightmove for Florida property, (not to buy right now), and there is an agent called Color D'Arcy who market the Florida properties with this:

THE SECRET TO FINDING A GREAT DEAL IN FLORIDA

Property prices in Florida are starting to rise, and five years from now, current Florida property prices will seem cheap. Do you remember how cheap property prices were 10 to 15 years ago? Dont you wish you had bought a few more properties? Think about it, today you would have at least doubled your money and be sitting on a nice little nest egg.

As you know, one of the key fundamentals of investing in property is to buy low and sell high. The window of opportunity in Florida is starting to close; now is the time to make your move and secure your Florida holiday home or investment property, because prices will never be this low ever again.

This tag line has hardly changed in the last 18 months.

:lol:

HOLA444
HOLA445

We like looking at Rightmove for Florida property, (not to buy right now), and there is an agent called Color D'Arcy who market the Florida properties with this:

Hurricane season approaches.

Houses will soon be going lower.

HOLA446

Why do so many Brits buy houses in Florida? There are worse places to live in America, but I'd be hard pressed to find them! The people are rude, there's loads of old wrinkly retirees, the climate is unbearable, the bugs are annoying and worse still it's full of British people. I'd be worried about a fullscale riot kicking off with so many British tourists in one spot.

The West coast offers far more in the way of natural beauty. Desirable locations are still not cheap over here. It's just Florida is not a desirable place to live. It's the same with Vegas. It's a tawdry cesspool. It's fun for 48hours and is full of cheap housing but I wouldn't live there.

HOLA447

Why do so many Brits buy houses in Florida? There are worse places to live in America, but I'd be hard pressed to find them! The people are rude, there's loads of old wrinkly retirees, the climate is unbearable, the bugs are annoying and worse still it's full of British people. I'd be worried about a fullscale riot kicking off with so many British tourists in one spot.

The West coast offers far more in the way of natural beauty. Desirable locations are still not cheap over here. It's just Florida is not a desirable place to live. It's the same with Vegas. It's a tawdry cesspool. It's fun for 48hours and is full of cheap housing but I wouldn't live there.

The concern I would have with buying Florida now, is that it is possible that for all the above reasons (especially the riots, you couldn't conceivably get riots in, say, LA), some overbuilt areas of Florida could end up like Detroit, as per Deckard's falling knife graphic.

Personally, we love going there, although last time it was a little samey. We did decide to go West Coast this year, but the flight costs put us off so we ended up in Europe.

Other negative points would be the increase in cost of fuel and electricity. You have to drive quite long distances, you can't just pop round the corner for a pint of milk, and you pretty much need the aircon on all the time, we noticed that for the first time, we were being told there could be surcharges if we used too much electricity. Not to mention the increase in the cost of flying over there.