House Price Crash Forum
Wanttomove

Looking For Advice

Basically our house has been on the Market for a good while - marketed initially at commercial sector as two houses next to ours have been converted from residential to commercial. In the last two weeks we slashed our price right down to just above rateble value and added internal pictures as well as floorplans to the description. The house is nice, has a by garden, original features and solar panels on the roof. It is in north Belfast (Cliftonville Oldpark).

We want to move as while the house is big, our kids are getting older and we'd lime more space. We had kind of resigned ourselves tothe fact that this was not going to happen when I looked at propertysales and saw a repossession sale of a house we had been considering to buy years ago. I did a bit of and was offered various mortgages called let to buy, similar to btl.

Anyway, did not buy the house and am not overly happy about the renting out idea due to risks involved and prices going down for forseeable future. However since then really want to move again. I know prices tend to be inflated, I know we have all been playing monopoly but I would like ideas regarding where my house is /should be pricewise.

Basically our house has been on the Market for a good while - marketed initially at commercial sector as two houses next to ours have been converted from residential to commercial. In the last two weeks we slashed our price right down to just above rateble value and added internal pictures as well as floorplans to the description. The house is nice, has a by garden, original features and solar panels on the roof. It is in north Belfast (Cliftonville Oldpark).

We want to move as while the house is big, our kids are getting older and we'd lime more space. We had kind of resigned ourselves tothe fact that this was not going to happen when I looked at propertysales and saw a repossession sale of a house we had been considering to buy years ago. I did a bit of and was offered various mortgages called let to buy, similar to btl.

Anyway, did not buy the house and am not overly happy about the renting out idea due to risks involved and prices going down for forseeable future. However since then really want to move again. I know prices tend to be inflated, I know we have all been playing monopoly but I would like ideas regarding where my house is /should be pricewise.

Reduce asking price by 10k every two weeks until you get viewings .... :lol:

Have you had any viewings - that'll be the clue, unpalitable as it may be. If you were sold, how do you intend assessing the value of any house you might be interested in buying. It should be two sides of the same coin but then greed and fear always gets in the way of rational decision making and we get the resultant stalemate.

With prices going down and few buyers you need to be ahead of the game, ie be the cheapest, do not build in any 'bargaining margin'. The earlier you sell you the more you will sell for, otherwise you will just end up chasing the market down.

Stop trying to sell it for what you think you can get and sell it for what people can pay.

Its very simple, keep reducing the price agreesively until it sells.

Do you have a bottom line for the property? If so, why don't you consider putting it in an auction? Set your reserve at a realistic price and then wait to see what the general response/interest is. Any pro active approach can only help your chances.