House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Zoopla Most Reduced In Your Postcode

How many of Zoopla's most reduced properties in your postcode are from the last two months?

I've been keeping an eye on this feature, and a couple of months ago, the first page of biggest drops included reductions from 15 months ago, 9 months ago etc. All but one of them are from the last quarter now :D.

Seems the size of the drop needed to make the top ten has hit 8%. Earlier this year, 6.5% would've been enough.

It's not a scientific analysis (for example, in this case, a drop of 5% one day and then 5% the next wouldn't show up on the front page). Brings a smile to my face though.

How many of Zoopla's most reduced properties in your postcode are from the last two months?

Of the top ten in my post-code, eight are from the last month. And all ten are since March 2011. Drops range from 19.5% to 28.9%.

Still overpriced.

Seems the size of the drop needed to make the top ten has hit 8%. Earlier this year, 6.5% would've been enough.

Isle of Anglesey - sinking fast!

1st place = 40% :P

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/isle-of-anglesey/?q=Isle%20of%20Anglesey&results_sort=most_reduced&pn=1

I've been keeping an eye on this feature, and a couple of months ago, the first page of biggest drops included reductions from 15 months ago, 9 months ago etc. All but one of them are from the last quarter now :D.

It's not a scientific analysis (for example, in this case, a drop of 5% one day and then 5% the next wouldn't show up on the front page). Brings a smile to my face though.

I like this one, chasing the market down and reduced by 23% in the last year.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/3646629?search_identifier=6342b01d0fea2ae0730c827c52861be0

Asking price changes

£565,000 3.4% Reduced on: 4th Feb 2010

£550,000 2.7% Reduced on: 20th May 2010

£500,000 9.1% Reduced on: 24th Aug 2010

£475,000 5.0% Reduced on: 11th Jan 2011

£450,000 5.3% Reduced on: 17th Jun 2011

Seems most of the owners of the most reduced properties in my area are just trying their luck, rather than desperately needing to achieve a certain price to cover an outstanding mortgage. Where details are given most were bought for far below the current 'reduced price'. The only one going 25k under what was previously paid is a retirement flat, so I guess its fully paid up and the kids just want the money.

6 out of 10 in the past 3 months for me (my bit of East Yorks). Top drop just shy of 25% and a drop of almost 14% needed to make the top ten. Nice to see some movement, but still stupid prices though.

East Yorks as a whole falling even faster due to including crop holes like Bridlington and Hull. Almost 25% drop needed to get in the top ten. Top drop 45%

Edited by ader

Pretty pathetic around here ( CV21 ) , the highest is at 15%, soon descending to 5% off after half a dozen properties.. FFS.. 5% is considered a big drop around here.. <_<

Edited by exiges

Hmm, down here in London it might appear people are doing a bit of downsizing.

3 bed greatest drop is 17%, whereas 2 bedrooms have a 10% drop (although there is a hilarious 60% drop for a 1 bed flat).

Demand for smaller houses, maybe people trying to cash in, seems to show value in smaller places are falling more slowly than larger ones.

Not much realism here, this isnt too uncommon unfortunately. Even probates are going quickly and then being knocked down and built on straight away.

First listed on Zoopla

£399,000 on 9th Nov 2010

Asking price changes

£390,000 2.3% Reduced on: 2nd Feb 2011

Page views on Zoopla

Last 30 days: 30 | Since listed on Zoopla: 214

Last sale

£284,000 on 7th May 2008