House Price Crash Forum

More Companies To Hire Migrant Workers Than School Leavers

HOLA441

Overseas workers article

Gerwyn Davies, public policy adviser, CIPD, said: "Youth unemployment looks set to rise further amid employer concerns about the employability of young people. The migration cap is stemming the flow of skilled non-EU migrant workers on the one hand, but increasing the supply of EU workers with the other, which highlights the relative ineffectiveness of the cap in bringing net migration levels down.

"Employers seem eager to take full advantage of this, to make use of their positive attitude and their skills. The perception among many of our members is that too many young people in the UK do not have these qualities, which may explain why fewer young people are being hired. At a time when many school leavers will be looking for work and the number of job opportunities is falling, youth unemployment could increase more sharply in the coming months. The government therefore needs to redouble efforts to ensure the education and skills system is fit for purpose to ensure young people can find a foothold in an increasingly competitive jobs market."

A quarter of the sample of more than 1,000 companies said they planned to hire migrant workers over the coming months. By contrast, hiring intentions for workers born in the UK was down since employers were last asked about their hiring intentions for young people in the spring of 2010. At that time, the proportion planning to hire 16-year-old school leavers stood at 14%, but the CIPD said it had now fallen to 12%. The number of employers planning to recruit school leavers aged 17-18 and above has fallen to a quarter (25%) from almost a third (31%) in the same period, with the outlook for graduates also poor. The number of employers planning to take on higher education leavers under the age of 24 is 38%, compared to 47% last year.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

This supports a post I made today on a thread in the Current Affairs category:

"There was an interview with a woman on Radio Sheffield this AM at about 08:10 about workshy brits. She works for a quango or charity or somesuch in Rotherham tasked with helping the unemployed back to work. She bluntly said that the most work averse were 17-24 year olds that had been raised in multi generational benefits dependent families. She cited one kid who said he had no intention of working because he had his rent paid, got the dole, etc. Rotherham has 4% more unemployment than average apparatntly.

Meanwhile, outside a food processing plant I pass in Rotherham sometimes there are queues of africans and east EUs getting on the bus after the day shift, or getting off to clock on a night shift (sometimes I'm on the same bus if I'm out for a beer at 8PM ish). "

Although it also looks like kids who actually want to work are also getting elbowed aside to a life of the dole or mcjobs.

A big problem is that our kids are being put into direct competition with tens of millions of others in the EU/the world who can undercut them on costs, and the employers can cherry pick who they want while ignoring the costs to society.

HOLA443

You can take this kind of thing too far, from 2006 . New York Times.

“To call the situation revealed by the carabinieri investigation simply inhuman does in no way do it justice,” Italy’s anti-Mafia chief, Piero Grasso, told reporters in the southern city of Bari. “We are talking about conditions similar to those of concentration camps, where people were not only exploited for their work, but also kept in a state of slavery,” he said.

Twenty people were arrested for human trafficking, and the police were looking for seven more. They were said to be members of a ring that recruited people in Poland through advertisements in local newspapers promising them agricultural work in Italy

The Polish news agency PAP said more than 1,000 Poles may have been victims of the ring. Apart from the four suicides being investigated, the police in both countries did not rule out the possibility that more people might have been killed or died from exhaustion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/19/world/europe/19italy.html

Still it must be incredibly profitable, effectively slavery but you charge rent on top of that to push them into debt.

The workers had to pay travel costs and a work-finders fee of up to 225, (£155), Mr Bienkowski said. The workers were promised 5-6 per hour (£3.40- £4.10), but received only 1 (68p) an hour after arriving, Mr Bienkowski said.

They were quartered in barracks with foul sanitary conditions, and had to pay for food and board, which pushed most of them into debt.

http://news.scotsman.com/world/Police-crack-trafficking-of-Polish.2793537.jp

Edited by northwestsmith2

HOLA444

A big problem is that our kids are being put into direct competition with tens of millions of others in the EU/the world who can undercut them on costs, and the employers can cherry pick who they want while ignoring the costs to society.

They're hardly cherry picking if the yoof of today won't get out of bed for minimum wage. The state is offering them an alternative lifestyle and crowding out the private sector.

HOLA445

They're hardly cherry picking if the yoof of today won't get out of bed for minimum wage. The state is offering them an alternative lifestyle and crowding out the private sector.

Indeed, what an awful state of affairs. Why oh why do we stop this nation from enjoying the glorious fruits of widespread debt bondage and slavery?

It's them blasted lefties that stop us from moving our civilisation forward towards a golden future I tell you! Here, have some more champagne while I whip my insolent butler.

HOLA446

Indeed, what an awful state of affairs. Why oh why do we stop this nation from enjoying the glorious fruits of widespread debt bondage and slavery?

It's them blasted lefties that stop us from moving our civilisation forward towards a golden future I tell you! Here, have some more champagne while I whip my insolent butler.

Same thing prevalent here in Saudi Arabia. Masses of third world labour shipping living in pretty grim contractor camps. I was on a jack up barge yesterday and overheard two guys talking, one was an Indian. Anyway he was saying how pleased he was having negotiated a payrise to 1500 riyals a month.

So basically he gets a wage of £240 a month plus accomodation and A flight home every 18-24 months and thats good. My yardboy gets paid 300 riyals a month plus accommodation. Its only the extras he gets that makes the wage livable.

No wonder so many unemployed Saudi yoofs

HOLA447

Gerwyn Davies, public policy adviser, CIPD, said: "Youth unemployment looks set to rise further amid employer concerns about the employability of young people. The migration cap is stemming the flow of skilled non-EU migrant workers on the one hand, but increasing the supply of EU workers with the other, which highlights the relative ineffectiveness of the cap in bringing net migration levels down

"Employers seem eager to take full advantage of this, to make use of their positive attitude and their skills. The perception among many of our members is that too many young people in the UK do not have these qualities, which may explain why fewer young people are being hired.

And those in the UK that do have or are in the process of gaining skills being advised to leave the country.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=168326

What it's all going to end up looking like is anybody's guess.

Edited by billybong

HOLA448

What it's all going to end up looking like is anybody's guess.

Your future is one of virtual servitude and fight for survival. I don't think you can't guess this, it's just that you can't quite believe our elected leaders have this in store for us.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Your future is one of virtual servitude and fight for survival. I don't think you can't guess this, it's just that you can't quite believe our elected leaders have this in store for us.

It's the extent to which it will develop from your current servitude and fight for survival that's open to guesswork.

On our elected leaders, our so called "leaders" - I suspect these days more and more people are so past the doubting what they would like to have in store for us.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4411

And the actions of private sector companies are forcing them into it. Why would a company pay to train and closely supervise young people when a company can cherry pick already trained people from elsewhere?

Edited by rented

HOLA4412

Think Mad Max, but Goole (to paraphrase an earlier thread).

"Think Mad Max" - Master Mason (who facilitates faux 'terrorism' and the parallel World lie that is our Blitish 'Society')

- the ones behind ithe downfall of the UK - manipulating & tweaking all the strings

A "turkey shoot" >>>

Templar Bankers Manhattan/London

= "Young Turks"

Grand Turk, the capital of the Turks and Caicos a British Crown Colony

"Today the Turks and Caicos are a leading international investment center for the offshore investor.

The islands are a (zero tax) jurisdiction and therefore have no taxes on income, capitol gains, corporate profits or estates."

The Masonic Master race hide their loot/theft from populations out here ditto in Blitish/American joint owned 'Virgin' Islands

The name Turks is derived after the indigenous Turk's Head "fez" cactus (a thorny 'sting' in their tails!)

As top MASTER MASON - Tommy Cooper used to say (in his Shriner-Turk Fez)

"jus' like that"

From the sword is draped a scroll bearing the motto: "DEUS MEUMQUE JUS".

*Note: This symbol represents the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry

Here's another the Satanists and faux jews who run our country take the piss out of the Bible!

Revelations 12:2

"And she being with Child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered."

NHS recently announced "no more ces_arians"

"And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world"

Think 'Marvel' comic pisstake - batman and all the others - all pisstakes by Satanist-Top Masons who call everyone else "The Profane" who isn't in their pathetic club.

Masons are the evil ones who have formed a masonic infiltrated Biblical "Global Empire" - we all know who that is linked to before the return of Christ (whom they don't worship in their Temples- substituting a multiple Godhead GA participating as 'lukewarms')

There are at least 51 Cities built on Seven Hills around the World (including Edinburgh with its Margaret-Mary Chapels and Mary Templar built churches) 'M'-arian

Fits in with their super peetake Robin "hoodie" (Robert the Bruce/Bonnie Prince Char(lys) as a caped woman hoodie) and Maid M-arion

(Master Masons who wear Ap_rons during Temple Time)

(Mel-Rose abbey where Brucie 'Bonus' heart is supposedly interred)

Bonus is an incorrect way of indicating 'Good' = Faux

Bonum is correct way to say it

Bonum judex secundum aequum et bonum judicat - A good judge decides according to justice and right

Biblical Revs

A King (robed in Royalty Purple) ('Char' 'tea party' ly ) har-lot figurehead of the "Scarlet woman" Global 'Rose' organisation - who can easily influence other kings and nations!

Charlot, a diminutive of Charles. Meaning "apple marmalade covered with bread-crumbs" is attested from 1796,

Charles masc. proper name, from Fr. Charles, from M.L. Carolus, from M.H.G. Karl, lit. "man, husband" (see carl).Scarlet

Carl c.1300, from O.N. karl "freeman," from P.Gmc. *karlon-, the same root that produced O.E. ceorl

Prince of W-ales - Red Dragon of Wales (Grand dragon is klu klux klan (fraternity) leader) W=M

What-the ?

Whilst we all watched the buildings burn in the "bribed and incited to do it" - so called, induced "riots"

Don't forget in Scotland a Burn is a stream of water - the occult opposites which link to the senior Masoni/illuminati occult-Satanists

All linked to Biblical stuff as in 'living stream of Christianity (baptised during a water dunking etc) which numerous Masons have infiltrated and lead people down paths of nonsense!

Edited by erranta

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Load of ******** tbh. Over the past year >75% of new jobs created have gone to non-uk born. Its not simply minimum wage earners who have been replaced but individuals at a variety of levels above and beyond that. Simply put, they can get foreign workers at a lower cost per unit 'skill' due to the ability of these workers to cost arbitrage when returning to their home nations. UK workers cannot compete on this basis and are priced out.

Here's the VI ******** test you can apply - if it were a skill issue we'd expect high numbers of immigrant workers from places like germany, sweden, netherlands, etc. Nations which are know for having highly skilled workforces. But then there is about bugger all evidence of this - i.e. it's ********.

Thus the ******** reasons the VI's spout is just to hide that they are deliberately choosing cheaper labour, and an attempt to con the people into believing otherwise.

Edited by alexw

HOLA4415

Load of ******** tbh. Over the past year >75% of new jobs created have gone to non-uk born. Its not simply minimum wage earners who have been replaced but individuals at a variety of levels above and beyond that. Simply put, they can get foreign workers at a lower cost per unit 'skill' due to the ability of these workers to cost arbitrage when returning to their home nations. UK workers cannot compete on this basis and are priced out.

The ******** reasons the VI's spout is just to hide that they are deliberately choosing cheaper labour, and an attempt to con the people into believing otherwise.

+ 1

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

The ******** reasons the VI's spout is just to hide that they are deliberately choosing cheaper labour, and an attempt to con the people into believing otherwise.

++1

HOLA4418

This supports a post I made today on a thread in the Current Affairs category:

"There was an interview with a woman on Radio Sheffield this AM at about 08:10 about workshy brits. She works for a quango or charity or somesuch in Rotherham tasked with helping the unemployed back to work. She bluntly said that the most work averse were 17-24 year olds that had been raised in multi generational benefits dependent families. She cited one kid who said he had no intention of working because he had his rent paid, got the dole, etc. Rotherham has 4% more unemployment than average apparatntly.

Meanwhile, outside a food processing plant I pass in Rotherham sometimes there are queues of africans and east EUs getting on the bus after the day shift, or getting off to clock on a night shift (sometimes I'm on the same bus if I'm out for a beer at 8PM ish). "

Although it also looks like kids who actually want to work are also getting elbowed aside to a life of the dole or mcjobs.

I jacked in a job at a food processing plant on the border of Rotherham at Orgreave, the hours varied and could often fall below benefits (and the hassle of submitting claims is not something you have time for when working precariously). Was a fairly decent job when you could do an 84hour week, but having to drop to 32 weren't worth it, having to come home and see people on more money than you that have never worked. I was happy to claim dole for quite a while after jacking it in, then got something with fixed hours, temporary, but better than nowt and maybe a few part time jobs here and there. (There is dignity in working but working for less than dole is soul destroying when structural unemployment is widespread and visible to you).

When there isn't much work about and part time hours don't cut the mustard, get yourself signed on and have a bit of a holiday. The pension age has been upped for me by 5 years since I started working, that is 5 years I deem myself to be entitled to claim dole as opposed to holiday pay (or in the case of some - no holiday pay whatsoever).

When considering youth unemployment, don't forget the lower legal wages and lack of/lower social safety nets etc. when transport costs can be at their highest and skills/experience are thin on the ground, these people have been indoctrinated into thinking university accrued debt will bring them prosperity, brainwashed you might say.

The food processing factory/warehouse I worked at is closing next month, 200 or so jobs to leave the local area, 100 to be created in Scotland (technological advance eh!). And people did queue for work by the agency's hut, and they would come back on a daily basis, the 12 hour shift started at 6pm and many would arrive at 5:30pm, at 6:00pm many were sent home without work, foreigners without a social safety net, it was disgusting to see in the UK.

A lot of the employees were going hungry! But without a social safety net they would return day after day in hope of exchanging their labour for £ for food! The hiring method practised denied local youth a job (financially non productive work due to the precarious nature) and impoverished the foreign workers.

HOLA4419

The food processing factory/warehouse I worked at is closing next month, 200 or so jobs to leave the local area, 100 to be created in Scotland (technological advance eh!). And people did queue for work by the agency's hut, and they would come back on a daily basis, the 12 hour shift started at 6pm and many would arrive at 5:30pm, at 6:00pm many were sent home without work, foreigners without a social safety net, it was disgusting to see in the UK.

A lot of the employees were going hungry! But without a social safety net they would return day after day in hope of exchanging their labour for £ for food! The hiring method practised denied local youth a job (financially non productive work due to the precarious nature) and impoverished the foreign workers.

Thanks for that post very informative and very scarey.

I have been away for the week down in Hampshire , and while there travelled about in Surry, West Sussex, Dorset and Kent.

Everywhere I went there was money , big houses , big cars , expensive shops, expensive restaraunts.

There is plenty of money around but the divide between those who have it and those who don't is just getting bigger and bigger , unless your a professional you are not going to earn the money that buys the lifestyles that I have seen this last week. Also to become a professional is going to get harder and harder for those who come from average backgrounds no matter how clever they are.

While away a friend phoned whos daughter has just passed 3 " A " levels and been accepted for medical School at Westminster London . She will get a loan of £ 4,500 pa but her fees are £3,300 ( going up loads for next years entrants ) the students digs are £197 p.w. that is without books , food , travel, and living in the holidays , the course is for 7 years. The friend is trying to see how they are going to be able to afford it many cannot.

HOLA4420

I jacked in a job at a food processing plant on the border of Rotherham at Orgreave, the hours varied and could often fall below benefits .....

Thanks for that (slightly scary) anecdote. I guess it illustrates why the guy cited on Radio Sheff has decided a life on benefits is for him. (FYI the food factory I was thinking of is at Waleswood)

HOLA4421

All we are doing now is importing unemployment as there are not enough jobs for the workforce of this country, we have a shortfall of at least 4million jobs. There is an employment rate now of over 5% of polish immigrants so why are we still importing more and more people just to either go on benefits or push someone else onto benefits, we the taxpayer have to pay for these benefits and the burden is only going to get worse.

HOLA4422

All we are doing now is importing unemployment as there are not enough jobs for the workforce of this country, we have a shortfall of at least 4million jobs. There is an employment rate now of over 5% of polish immigrants so why are we still importing more and more people just to either go on benefits or push someone else onto benefits, we the taxpayer have to pay for these benefits and the burden is only going to get worse.

Exactley

We have a job problem a housing problem a debt problem and still they let more in .

As for the cr-p that the immigrants do the jobs that we won't that is another load of tosh. I left school in 1979 and everyone got a job , it was a right of passage we were 16 not 18 or 21 . The following year it all changed my best friend who lived a few doors from me left school and he and most of his year did not get jobs like we had the 80's recession had kicked in . Since then boom or bust the jobs have never returned in the numbers that we had back then . However we have constantly been fed this tripe that employers cannot fill certain jobs RUBBISH.

HOLA4423

Here's the VI ******** test you can apply - if it were a skill issue we'd expect high numbers of immigrant workers from places like germany, sweden, netherlands, etc. Nations which are know for having highly skilled workforces. But then there is about bugger all evidence of this - i.e. it's ********.

Thus the ******** reasons the VI's spout is just to hide that they are deliberately choosing cheaper labour, and an attempt to con the people into believing otherwise.

Good post. The point really is it's not a two way street. Migrant youths aren't harder working then British youths (whatever their colour). A Brit can't go over to Bulgaria, earn three times what they could in the UK, come back and buy a house outright. The Bulgarian is here just for a few years to leech as much money as possible, of course he's going to work 12 hour shifts non-stop. He's going to take as much as he can at triple time for the duration. That's the reality, let's just cut the bullsh*t about being harder workers.

Companies don't give a sh*t, they will go for the cheaper option every time.

Ultimately if a "lazy" Brit could go out to Eastern Europe and come back a few years later to buy a house outright he would probably be on the first plane out tomorrow. But he can't and so the great global wage arbitrage continues, unabated.

Edited by pl1

HOLA4424

The shortfall simply means that we can easily do everything that needs doing, and a fair chunk of extra stuff that doesn't but makes life more interesting. In a sensible world that would just mean that it could be spread a bit thinner so we all don't have to work as hard. Alas that this isn't a sensible world. Not having enough people to do all the work is the only thing that should be a problem.

HOLA4425

Good post. The point really is it's not a two way street. Migrant youths aren't harder working then British youths (whatever their colour). A Brit can't go over to Bulgaria, earn three times what they could in the UK, come back and buy a house outright. The Bulgarian is here just for a few years to leech as much money as possible, of course he's going to work 12 hour shifts non-stop. He's going to take as much as he can at triple time for the duration. That's the reality, let's just cut the bullsh*t about being harder workers.

Companies don't give a sh*t, they will go for the cheaper option every time.

Ultimately if a "lazy" Brit could go out to Eastern Europe and come back a few years later to buy a house outright he would probably be on the first plane out tomorrow. But he can't and so the great global wage arbitrage continues, unabated.

if a bulgarian can save £10,000's of pounds a year like youre suggesting , by working hard and doing overtime, then a brit can also save £10,000's of pounds a year working hard and doing overtime. they may not be able to buy a house in the UK but its still a lot of money.

if the bulgarian could save enough money in a few years to buy a house in bulgaria, then the brit could save the same amount of money as well - thats not exactly being on the breadline - thats called working hard and saving your money rather than spending it all - just like many brits already do.

also migrant workers coming here are harder working - just like mirgrant brits going oversees will be harder working than the locals in the country which they go to.

Edited by mfp123