House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zebbedee

Current Account

Not a savings account but a CA, took up an offer on moneysupermarket for a Santander current account yesterday (going to run my hsbc for the regular saver there but...) though moneysupermarket £25 amazon voucher, and when you use Santanders switching service £100 into the account. But the best bit on balances up to £2500 interest at 5% when you set up 2 DD/SO and deposit £1000 a month for 13 months. Needless to say its santander so be careful but if you have £2.5k looking for a home and don't mind bouncing £1k (and a little for the DD/SO as one SO can be the £1k back to your real c/a) back and forth a month from santander to your real current account it's the best savings rate I can find.

Not a savings account but a CA, took up an offer on moneysupermarket for a Santander current account yesterday (going to run my hsbc for the regular saver there but...) though moneysupermarket £25 amazon voucher, and when you use Santanders switching service £100 into the account. But the best bit on balances up to £2500 interest at 5% when you set up 2 DD/SO and deposit £1000 a month for 13 months. Needless to say its santander so be careful but if you have £2.5k looking for a home and don't mind bouncing £1k (and a little for the DD/SO as one SO can be the £1k back to your real c/a) back and forth a month from santander to your real current account it's the best savings rate I can find.

You missed £50 cash back from Top Cash Back: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/santander/

I've tried this before and Santander screwed me about for ages as they had failed to properly close an account i had with them years ago (A&L). Will not go with them again. Get 5% in NS&I and up to 15k.

You missed £50 cash back from Top Cash Back: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/santander/

I've tried this before and Santander screwed me about for ages as they had failed to properly close an account i had with them years ago (A&L). Will not go with them again. Get 5% in NS&I and up to 15k.

Bvgger, o well £25 down, yeh I was messed around by abbey not closing an account and sending a debit card to an address I didn't live at anymore, but opened an isa with santander this year after checking the old account was now closed and all was well. The c/a opened within minutes of my app going through so no probs, now I have to see about the isa interest rate :)