House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MaiYun

Weighton Coin + Chinese Panda

Hi,

I have few questions related to Weighton Coin website and one about Chinese Panda :)

But Please answer only if you USE this website before :)

1. does all their coins come with Capsule (the plastic thing that protects coin)??

2. do they provide certificates?

3. is their website 'legal' (no scam)??

4. is VAT already in price of coin?

5. all their coins are brand new (eg. silver maple $5 from 2010) + uncirculated?

6. do you recommend this website?

now one question about Panda - I know that people say 'dont buy coins from china' but the Panda is minted by government

so...

1. If I buy Chinese Panda (eg. from weighton coin) will I get 1oz. of .999 fine silver? - or will I get some kind of 'fake' coin?

Thanks

Hi,

I have few questions related to Weighton Coin website and one about Chinese Panda :)

But Please answer only if you USE this website before :)

1. does all their coins come with Capsule (the plastic thing that protects coin)??

No, unless it says on the advert it won't include a air tile, they come in a variety of things, I've had air tiles, plastic sheeths, shrink wrapped, paper envelopes all sorts. He can sell you an air tile if he has one, I got one off him for about 25p once.

The advert for the Panda says

Housed in a protective capsule to keep its quality this is a piece of Silver that will enhance any collection.

So yes the Panda will come in an air tile.

2. do they provide certificates?

No only if it says it includes a certificate. My eagles, sovs, philharmonics buffaloes, Nazis (yeah I got some Nazi silver coins) koreas, maples etc all do not have certs. However my 3.8 Toz balboas all have certificates, as do my Olympic coins.

Richard Weighton is very trust worthy and has never scammed me (and I have bought a lot off him) he is generally trusted on HPC and other places and known as somebody who is honorable. Phone him up and have a chat with him (if its not busy).

I booked some coins and he held it for me for a week even though the spot price went nuts that week.

4. is VAT already in price of coin?

Usually the price you see advertised is the price you pay, usually + £5-10 postage. A massive massive load of silver I bought from him had about £9 postage off them. Play around and it will split the VAT (if applicable) on the coins rather than adding them on. Or phone him up and ask, the VAT is a bit funny on silver.

5. all their coins are brand new (eg. silver maple $5 from 2010) + uncirculated?

Again if the webpage posting says uncirculated then it means they are going to be mint condition. If it says they are worn and used or CSCS rated less than 75 they are going to be visibly worn. All my silver from him bar a couple of spot price ones are spotless.

It is a very reputable company, the only iffy issue is that you have to phone them up to pay for goods as they no longer accept payment online as it was costing them too much. Or via bank transfer. but paying by card over the phone is pretty quick. He trades on his reputation and keeps his reputation absolutely pristine. He even answers the phone late at night.

now one question about Panda - I know that people say 'dont buy coins from china' but the Panda is minted by government

so...

1. If I buy Chinese Panda (eg. from weighton coin) will I get 1oz. of .999 fine silver? - or will I get some kind of 'fake' coin?

Thanks

If you buy from Weighton you'll get a 1toz coin of .999 silver i.e. a real one, the problem arises when YOU try to sell it. Because people are cynical of stuff coming out of China they won't buy it off you or they will buy it off you at significant undervalue to cover themselves.

good to hear that :)

can you tell me what information should I prepare?

I bought from Richard from Weighton Coins, Never any problems..............

I can trust him 100%

I visited him at his shop to buy some coins once. Richard is friendly and definitely not a scammer.

Shop around! I find that the most competitive deals change over time. Don't just use your favourite dealer. Compare other reputable sources each time you buy.

does anyone know about taking coins to china ie : through customs

also are krugerands recognised over there?

No problem with Chinese customs.

Dont know about Krugs though if you intend on selling there. All the stock i saw in Bejing was Pandas and Bars.