House Price Crash Forum
koala_bear

Righmove Tells Sellers To Get Real

Just saw this while looking at a link on RnR's recent thread.

Seems like the EA are getting desperate

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/sell-my-house-fast/

Stack the odds of selling in your favour

Did you know that only half of the properties put on the market last year sold*? Whilst we can't do anything about the facts, we can offer you some valuable advice that can help set your home apart from the rest and give it the best possible chance of being in the half that DO sell fast in 2011.

Rightmove's Director Miles Shipside is someone who sees what makes the difference between a sale and a no sale every day. His short video outlines 3 essential tips for selling success and explains how working in partnership with your estate agent can increase your odds of attracting your buyer. Miles' tips are geared to help give you the edge over similar properties in your area – after all, this is a market and your neighbours could be your competition!

Want real life tips on selling your home fast? View our seller experience area below and see real examples straight from Rightmove users of what has worked - and not worked - on the UK's busiest property website.

They are also looking for feedback from seller - Time for HPC response?

Edited by koala_bear

Just saw this while looking at a link on RnR's recent thread.

Seems like the EA are getting desperate

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/sell-my-house-fast/

They are also looking for feedback from seller - Time for HPC response?

We had a good thread on this a couple of weeks ago - very welcome, and nice to see people trying to get the housing market going through means other than pumping money into the system.

What you gonna do punk huh, huh?!!

wrong%2Bmove.jpg

^Taken from Real property pictures and their prices.

Luv it!! :lol:

In all seriousness - we ought to start this site and name and shame properties just like these - maybe this will help them to get real! What do ya reckon? Im in!

What area have you taken these houses from, out of interest? Looks like the kind of kite flying expectations they have round my way in Bournemouth!

Hilarious!! Ive just searched Rightmove and realised these are places in Bournemouth!! :lol: Glad im not the only one to notice how ridiculous sellers expectations are :lol:

That house in Trinity Road are definately dreaming, all round that area a right dive!

But people who bring their property to market see this asking price and think 'We'll have some of that ... 2007 plus 25% ...fantastic' So the delusion continues.

Yep, that's what's happening around here.

Yep, that's what's happening around here.

I agrree, none are selling though, so what's the point? No-one buying them, no-one selling them and EAs not earning any money. Who's gonna move first? Buyers don't HAVE to buy.

I agrree, none are selling though, so what's the point? No-one buying them, no-one selling them and EAs not earning any money. Who's gonna move first? Buyers don't HAVE to buy.

"But I'm entittled to get that much for my house! The government / banks need to pull their fingers out so that someone can load themselves up with enough debt to buy it! Why should I sell my different and better than all the identical-appearing ones in the same area for less than it's 'worth'?"

"But I'm entittled to get that much for my house! The government / banks need to pull their fingers out so that someone can load themselves up with enough debt to buy it! Why should I sell my different and better than all the identical-appearing ones in the same area for less than it's 'worth'?"

Here's todays joker in Bournemouth - but they have matching cushions on the beds so it must be worth £150k more than anyone elses on the road!

This amuses me, found this on Zoopla - when they state 'the property is priced to sell'

WTF else are they normally priced for? To make a f*king obscenely unrealistic 'profit' ? :huh:

http://www.zoopla.co...45750a2c83ae075

Well there's that for starters then >>>

Bigger commission for the bank bod who sells you the mortgage (i'll just add it to the total for easy payment ms/sir)

Huge amounts in Xtra interest payments paid over the term by borrowing more cash

Higher interest rate rip-off if you don't have enough to deposit (in itself an admission by bankers they expect the house prices can fall thus protecting themselves against defaulters with neg equity)

Higher Insurance premiums - cos your House is "worth it"

A massive, monopolistic scam on the population

(as they homogenise Banks/building societies/insurance etc Most insurance/financial companies are 'front' companies giving suckers the illusion of competition with just a couple of major players behind the scenes - like car insurance!)

Edited by erranta

Talking about Dorset on the other thread. I noticed £95K off the first pic 8.6% off. It's coming duune!

19 December 2011

Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing'

08 October 2011

Status changed: from 'Premium Listing' to 'Available'

03 September 2011

Brief Description changed: *Chalet Bungalow* *Five Bedrooms* *Four Reception Rooms* *In The Desirable Location of The East Cliff* *In Need of Modernisation* *Viewing Is Highly Recommended To Fully Appreciate The Potential of This Property* FIVE BEDROOM, FOUR RECEPTION ROOM DETACHED BUNGALOW SITUATED in the EAST CLIFF. GAMES ROOM, POOL ROOM, front and rear gardens, ample of off road parking and garage. WALKING DISTANCE to SEAFRONT, close proximity of town centre. In need of MODERNISATION. Sole Agents.

Price changed: from '£1,095,000' to '£1,000,000'

12 March 2011

Price changed: from '£1,009,500' to '£1,095,000'

03 March 2011

Price changed: from '£900,000' to '£1,009,500'

11 December 2010

Brief Description changed: Connells are delighted to offer for sale this 5 bedroom, 4 reception room chalet bungalow in the desirable location of the *Chalet Bungalow* *Five Bedrooms* *Four Reception Rooms* *In The Desirable Location of The East Cliff. In need of modernisation but is a must view to fully appreciate the potential of this property. Cliff* *In Need of Modernisation* *Viewing Is Highly Recommended To Fully Appreciate The Potential of This Property*

Price changed: from '£950,000' to '£900,000'

31 July 2010

Price changed: from '£950,950' to '£950,000'

30 July 2010

Price changed: from '£999,950' to '£950,950'

31 March 2010

Price changed: from '£1,250,000' to '£999,950'

01 November 2009

Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing'

29 July 2009

Initial entry found.

Heres the bee history,they cant seem to make up their minds..... either way no-one has wanted it in the past 2.5 yrs.

priced to sell always makes me laugh

There is a house by us which says will consider offers between

£350k-£450k

I think i'd be more inclined to offer £350k than £450k

that said I'd be tempted to offer £250k

Higher Insurance premiums - cos your House is "worth it"

Picky I know, but you insure your house for the rebuild cost, not what it is "worth". The gap between these two figures is quite interesting, I guess to avoid buying something "overpriced" you don't want to pay much over: fair price for land + build cost + profit for builder. On that basis I was comfortable with the price I paid for my place a few years back, but then I did negotiate a decent discount.