House Price Crash Forum
Milton

Societal Collapse

I'm Curious.......this seems to be the logical conclusion, according to a number of scenarios on the forum, but what would happen?

Do the Government have contingency plans? [surely the Government have hired Think-Tanks to Brainstorm this subject?]

Which Public Services would be sacrificed first?

If this country is due to become slowly poorer, what can we expect?

Would people be starving on the streets? Would the Welfare State Collapse? Would Martial Law be declared etc etc?

What would be the order of collapse? Over what timeframe?

Anyone got any good data on the subject?

Edited by Milton

I'm Curious.......this seems to be the logical conclusion, according to a number of scenarios on the forum, but what would happen?

Do the Government have contingency plans? Which Public Services would be sacrificed first?

Would people be starving on the streets? Would the Welfare State Collapse? Would Martial Law be declared etc etc?

Hang on, let me rustle behind my HPC baked bean and gold stash for my crystal ball.

Try some positive affirmations tonight before you go to bed. When you get up each morning don't just jump out of bed. Lie there for 10 minutes and think how positive your life is and how positive the World is around you.

Be happy.

Hang on, let me rustle behind my HPC baked bean and gold stash for my crystal ball.

Try some positive affirmations tonight before you go to bed. When you get up each morning don't just jump out of bed. Lie there for 10 minutes and think how positive your life is and how positive the World is around you.

Be happy.

We must have been reading a different Forum. The HPC I Log onto, doesnt normally have sunshine and lollipops as its main topic's of the day.

Then again, most people dont appear to be wantonly willing to be on the recieving end of a good spanking........[Or is that as out of place as your comment.....?]

Back to the [legitimate] question.....

I suspect not many people will have any data, or idea's about this, although they would be as interested as I am, therefore this post will receive a number of views, but not much comment.

Edited by Milton

Then again, most people dont appear to be wantonly willing to be on the recieving end of a good spanking........[Or is that as out of place as your comment.....?]

You need to get out more - who said anything about receiving!? :blink:

BUY A DAY RETURN TO HERE

Make sure you buy a RETURN ticket though.

Do the Government have contingency plans? [surely the Government have hired Think-Tanks to Brainstorm this subject?]

Countries have spent the whole of recorded history defaulting, the uk, england or peter mandelsons bitch or whatever you are calling yourself now has defaulted 3 times, theres been a number of recent defaults to see what happens, society doesnt end, it carries on. The only safe assumption is that whatever happens you will still be on here bitching about the Labour party

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Diversity co-ordinators would be protected at all costs, after all somebody has to make sure you're eating a balanced selection of people and not discriminating.

Countries have spent the whole of recorded history defaulting, the uk, england or peter mandelsons bitch..........

The only safe assumption is that whatever happens you will still be on here bitching about the Labour party............

.............The Perfectly legitimate response of the majority on here who have been negatively affected by Labour is to apportion blame.......as you yourself seem to have done in your first sentence........and yet, in the same breath, you also deem it appropriate to chastise the people who agree with the sentiments of your first sentence....

Interesting Dichotomy. [P.S. I'll be ignoring your quick back peddle....thats not what I meant...bla bla.]

[ I am really more interested in an answer to the question I posed.]

Edited by Milton

whatever happens you will still be on here bitching about the Labour party

Come on, whats wrong with that?

You think there will be a time when bliar and broon wont deserve to be bitched about?

Freezing of pensions.

Seizure of assets (i.e. houses). The rich will be exempted, of course.

Billeting of people in your house (to avoid building social housing).

Rationing.

Gold confiscation.

Blackouts/gas cut off, water only runs intermittently

Bare supermarket shelves.

Limited withdrawal of money from banks (see Nationwide thread)

Robocop police on every corner, until the point where the gummint can't pay them, then anarchy. The security services say that the UK is three meals away from anarchy....

Want more?

Seizure of assets (i.e. houses). The rich will be exempted, of course.

Want more?

Yes. As much and as detailed as possible.

It would surpise people in the UK to know that they do not own their own [bought and paid for] houses anyway..........And that the State can reclaim them, whenever they wish.

The State has never sanctioned private ownership. Of the 29 Acts of Parliament affecting landholding, beginning with the Statute of Merton (1235) and including the General Enclosure Act (1846), not one act was submitted to the people for approval. All were passed by Land Lords, sitting as a Parliament in which the common people of the realm had no representation.

And all of this is land was stolen from the Commoners in the first place.......

The State, even in the limited sense of a Land Lord Parliament, has never at any time acknowledged private ownership.

That great jurist, Coke says:

"All lands or tenements in England are holden mediately or immediately of the King. For in the law of England we have not any subjects' land which is not so holden."

Many authorities could be quoted to the same effect.

Private possession as tenants of the Crown (typifying the whole people), but subject always to the right of "eminent domain," as the lawyers themselves denote the power of the Crown to resume possession of any land at any time, yes, but not "private ownership"!

The Entire Country is built on Fedual Pillars. As strong today as ever. The UK is light year's away from being a democracy.

That house you just spent you entire life working for? Paying two thirds to the bank in interest? A debt which they created out of thin air..........Yeh, well, strictly speaking, it's not your's mate.........

Edited by Milton

A collapse will be hard but not the end of the world. Icelanders didnt have to result in eating each other or having to fight off mobs at their door.

Argentina is probably the most realistic of the worst case scenarios that could be expected and life went on there.

I used to worry that it was a possibility but dont really see it as much more than a very outside chance tbh.

We are not going weimar, we wont go zim and arent going argentina.

Shamelessly copied from another thread:

1. We're on the rocks.

2. I believe this was by design. As Patton said after beating Rommel in a tank battle in Tunisia "Rommel...you magnificent *******, I read your book!". What is being done to us (unrestricted immigration, globalisation, servitude via credit stuffing, oligarchic rule in charge of making laws that suit them, etc.) is in the history books. It all happened at the time of the Roman Empire and lasted for centuries. The police makes sure the status quo lasts.

Yes. As much and as detailed as possible. It would surpise people in the UK to know that they do not own their own [bought and paid for] houses anyway..........And that the State can reclaim them, whenever they wish.

It certainly might surprise them if they've never heard of compulsory purchase, or of Tryweryn or Epynt or Tyneham, to name some examples familiar to me.

It certainly might surprise them if they've never heard of compulsory purchase,

A compulsory purchase order (CPO) is a legal function in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland that allows certain bodies which need to obtain land or property to do so without the consent of the owner. It may be enforced if a proposed development is considered one for public betterment - for example - when building motorways where a land owner does not want to sell. Similarly, if town councils wish to develop a town centre, they may issue compulsory purchase orders.

And lets not forget. The State can simply change their mind about anything they want at will. ........YES, they really can and would do.....

Edited by Milton

I bet your other half thinks you're a barrel of laughs :P

Middle class asswipes in this country will last five seconds if we get total collapse. The middle classes will be the first to get buried imo, as they're the ones who don't like conflict or confrontation. All they worry about is how new their car is and whether their house is increasing in value, lol. :ph34r:

These nimby, Audi A3 driving ******s will be the first to perish, I rekon. :lol:

You're walking down the street bat in hand..... all of a sudden there is incredible pain in your thigh you heard nothing though. You look down and there is a broad head barbed arrow which is in your leg. At which you fall over and try and remove it. While you are doing so a Chinese sort of looking bloke comes and 'offers to give you medical attention'. You faint and wake up in a dank dark basement with about 20 other people all tied up some of them missing limbs.... all gagged so you can't talk. But you get fed offal now and again so its alright.

Every week one of the 20 people disappears and never returns but is replaced by another person with a similar leg injury.

You're walking down the street bat in hand..... all of a sudden there is incredible pain in your thigh you heard nothing though. You look down and there is a broad head barbed arrow which is in your leg. At which you fall over and try and remove it. While you are doing so a Chinese sort of looking bloke comes and 'offers to give you medical attention'. You faint and wake up in a dank dark basement with about 20 other people all tied up some of them missing limbs.... all gagged so you can't talk. But you get fed offal now and again so its alright.

Every week one of the 20 people disappears and never returns but is replaced by another person with a similar leg injury.

:ph34r:

You're scaring me now.

How do you "toilet" the prisoners, let them do poo poo?

In other words, imagine Barnsley, but a bit better?

"Dunt put thi muck in our dustbin, our dustbin, our dustbin, dunt put thi muck in our dustbin, our dustbin's full"

Thou, thee, thy & thine.

Seldom heard English words in the UK.

No rioting in Barnsley, those people fought for their jobs, strikes took place there and the local potato crop could no longer be exported when a strike was on! Modern agriculture could not harvest as quick as the hungry men!