House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Ftse Up 2% ( For A Change )

FTSE UP 2% ( for a change ), sitting up at 2.7%.

It wont last so I call black tuesday tomorrow.

Those back fresh from their hols today will realise tomorrow they've come back from work think we'll "buy buy buy" and make money...then tomorrow, it' will be "oh s***t, we really are f***ed"..."Sell Sell Sell".

:P

Those back fresh from their hols today will realise tomorrow they've come back from work think we'll "buy buy buy" and make money...then tomorrow, it' will be "oh s***t, we really are f***ed"..."Sell Sell Sell".

Shows you how ***** the markets are. Gadaffi being kicked out, possibly, is enough to do this. Clutching at straws I tell you.

All day the BBC has been announcing falls in the price of oil now things are heading to a conclusion in Libya. The price has barely budged or been marginally up every time I've checked though. Still, it's not like the BBC to let reality get in the way of their business reports.

10p stock - when? End of week?

Not sure about that, it's got 50% to fall from here before it gets there. Maybe when the FTSE plunges again. Can you imagine the damage if we had another -4% day on the FTSE!

Not sure about that, it's got 50% to fall from here before it gets there. Maybe when the FTSE plunges again. Can you imagine the damage if we had another -4% day on the FTSE!

Yes, hence why I can see it falling below 10p. FTSE is up over 2% today but RBS is down over 4%.

Seriously, what's gonna happen to RBS?

If they do hit 10p, their market cap is about 5bn (on 1.5tr balance sheet).

If the govt fully nationalise, don't they have to then take all the debt onto the official govt borrowing?

Can they let it fail?

Why have they been allowed to expand so much (since the crash). Why were they allowed to give out 2bn in bonuses?

Barclays down 3%+, Bank of America down 5% and the markets seem to be turning. Somethin's up. Abgain.

Edited by _w_

Ah, Fred's wife threw him out: http://thescotsman.s...Fred.6822748.jp

Deserves it's own thread.

What happened to that FSA 'investigation' by Turner into whether his alleged affair with a female colleague had any impact on RBS?

Cameron needs to hold a public enquiry into the failure of RBS, the disastrous investment made by the public without their permission and the woeful performance since.

19p for our most successful ever bank and Cameron doesn't give a t0ss. Pathetic Dave, pathetic.

Sold my shares last week and have in place a couple of limit orders at 60% of current sp's so am still watching, they seem up a little but on low volume across the board. I'm thinking suckers rally.

Seriously, what's gonna happen to RBS?

If they do hit 10p, their market cap is about 5bn (on 1.5tr balance sheet).

If the govt fully nationalise, don't they have to then take all the debt onto the official govt borrowing?

Can they let it fail?

Why have they been allowed to expand so much (since the crash). Why were they allowed to give out 2bn in bonuses?

To keep quite about the fact that they are moving anything decent out of RBS to lloyds and then they are going to let it fail in a managed way.

Edited by pezo

Sold my shares last week and have in place a couple of limit orders at 60% of current sp's so am still watching, they seem up a little but on low volume across the board. I'm thinking suckers rally.

Of course it is a sucker's rally - the economic situation is dire re jobs, footfall, etc, etc. The markets are finally beginning to twig this.

Funny how no one is now saying how the markets have factored a recession in, saw this 6 months ahead, blah, blah, blah, like we always get when the markets soar.

Cr*p shoot, spivs.

To keep quite about the fact that they are moving anything decent out of RBS to lloyds and then they are going to let it fail in a managed way.

clearly youve not been watching LLoyds share price over the last 12 months, They both make Barratts look like a shrewd investment

Of course it is a sucker's rally - the economic situation is dire re jobs, footfall, etc, etc. The markets are finally beginning to twig this.

Funny how no one is now saying how the markets have factored a recession in, saw this 6 months ahead, blah, blah, blah, like we always get when the markets soar.

Cr*p shoot, spivs.

im sure some peeps went out on a limb and turnt bearish at the end of last year, granted its taken the fckers a further 6 months to roll over, although the majority of equities topped out last year, just needs the metals to break, although they are proving rather more resillient

There are some good solid equities out there starting to look attractive, compared to when the FTSE was 25% higher and everything looked shat

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Sounds a plan, then give RBS to Alex Salmond. :lol:

1,5 trillion of outstanding loans on its book. Must be worth somwthing to someone.

clearly youve not been watching LLoyds share price over the last 12 months, They both make Barratts look like a shrewd investment

Lloyds are so exposed to the UK housing market that I wouldn't touch them.

RBS look like they're beyond the point of return (again), but the question remains, what to do with them. Could the govt let them go? They'd lose the 45bn, but could call that Labour's fault. There's probably enough value in some of the products that they could guarantee savers and pay back some of the bonds.

The markets must be seriously stupid to have just realised this !!!

Lloyds are so exposed to the UK housing market that I wouldn't touch them.

RBS look like they're beyond the point of return (again), but the question remains, what to do with them. Could the govt let them go? They'd lose the 45bn, but could call that Labour's fault. There's probably enough value in some of the products that they could guarantee savers and pay back some of the bonds.

That would be HUGELY damaging to the reputation of the UK as a safe, sound financial centre. You think it could not be worse, but it could be.

Whilst RBS exists there is a chance that sometime in the future, many years from now, it might be an important part of the UK economy and the smoke and mirrors which is our financial industry.