House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jadoube

Scottish House Prices Drop 3.7%

Since nobody's posted it already.

Scottish house prices fell by 3.7% in the past three months, according to Lloyds TSB Scotland

The bank's Scottish house price monitor reported the average Scottish house price was £152,565, almost the same level as early 2007.

In the three months ending July 2011, the quarterly price index for the average domestic property in Scotland fell by 3.7%.

The number of sales was reported to be low, but had increased since winter.

House purchases recorded in the last quarter was 27% up on the previous three months.

"Average house prices in Scotland are now only marginally up on the levels of four-and-a-half years ago."

"Despite a general upwards trend" ?! WTF !? :blink:

They just cannot help themselves. As I have said before - so many of these people simply putting their fingers in their ears and going 'lah lah lah lah'

It is really rather embarrassing.

Scotsman had a poll today. Only 100 responses but interesting nonetheless.

Survey

"Despite a general upwards trend" ?! WTF !? :blink:

They just cannot help themselves. As I have said before - so many of these people simply putting their fingers in their ears and going 'lah lah lah lah'

It is really rather embarrassing.

Scotsman had a poll today. Only 100 responses but interesting nonetheless.

Survey

I know - it's hilarious - the cute wee tuechter bird from the BBC scotland morning news updates read it out this morning and I swear she sounded like her granny had died!!!!

And this is only a week after the same silly bint said on TV that Scottish houseprices are on the way up (based on s1 homes.. a BLOODY WEBSITE SO ASKING PRICES FFS) Silly cow....

Defo shag her though... B)

I know - it's hilarious - the cute wee tuechter bird from the BBC scotland morning news updates read it out this morning and I swear she sounded like her granny had died!!!!

And this is only a week after the same silly bint said on TV that Scottish houseprices are on the way up (based on s1 homes.. a BLOODY WEBSITE SO ASKING PRICES FFS) Silly cow....

Defo shag her though... B)

Aye - they just make it up as they go along. As for the bold. Rattletastic. With Cat Cubie off the weather for dessert. Heaven,

Lloyds admitted last year that the mid year price spike was due to statistical skew.

With volumes still at an all time low theres no reason to assume that this is not still the case.

Lloyds admitted last year that the mid year price spike was due to statistical skew.

With volumes still at an all time low theres no reason to assume that this is not still the case.

Indeed. But when you see large 'average' negative firgures when the bottom of the market is pretty non existent ? The market must be pretty ******ed.

Real-world example - I'm looking at a 1-bed house for sale at £105,000; in late 2007, an exact equivalent of it - as far as I can see, in comparable condition and decorative order - sold for £120,000. 12.5% drop on 2007?

I'm sure I can find more.