House Price Crash Forum
OnlyMe

Krugman's War Cry Won't Avert Depression

Well worth the read. Just quoted the last paragraph which looks to be where we are heading.

Krugman's War Cry Won't Avert Depression

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpento/2011/08/16/krugmans-war-cry-wont-avert-depression/

Since these economists keep trying to spend like it’s World War III, we are moving inexorably closer to causing Great Depression II. If policymakers and mainstream economists fail to understand that the progenitor of a depression is debt, they will also be unable to provide a genuine solution. Instead, by pushing public debt past the point of our creditors’ willingness to lend, they may ensure that this next Great Depression will be accompanied by runaway inflation. If history is any guide, this is a truly lethal combination.

Yes, Schiff was taking the pee of this recently.

Krugman actually said on Radio we could fabricate the notion of an alien invasion to get the economy going again. Spend lots on space weapons and laser guns. Sure we'd have wasted countless resources on a non-existent threat, but its good for GDP, right?

And lo and behold the next day this moonbattery presents itself....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/aug/18/aliens-destroy-humanity-protect-civilisations

This is the kind of Lunacy we are up against.

Ironically, with people like Krugman filling the halls of govt, I think any aliens that might come our way and destroy us might have the right idea.

Trouble is, all the decent guys like Schiff and HPC would be taken out too.

Krugman actually said on Radio we could fabricate the notion of an alien invasion to get the economy going again. Spend lots on space weapons and laser guns. Sure we'd have wasted countless resources on a non-existent threat, but its good for GDP, right?

And lo and behold the next day this moonbattery presents itself....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/aug/18/aliens-destroy-humanity-protect-civilisations

This is the kind of Lunacy we are up against.

Ironically, with people like Krugman filling the halls of govt, I think any aliens that might come our way and destroy us might have the right idea.

Trouble is, all the decent guys like Schiff and HPC would be taken out too.

Did make me chuckle that we would be destroyed for poor stewardship of the planet, rather than any other reason, a kind of anthropomorphism, since we could not know the mindset of any alien species, but sure, why not destroy the planet to prevent us from destroying the planet?

Shark jumping at its finest.

There have been rumours on a lot of forums and blogs that the 'elite' has indeed planned a fake alien invasion light-show for humanity (possibly with some real damage inflicted to selected targets to make the show more realistic), allegedly that would be a perfect excuse to create a global government (since the threat is global to all of humanity).

There have been quite a few 'UFO' sightings recently (which are more likely tests of the 'elite's' light-show rather than the real deal) and some even made it into the MSM:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2008437/UFOs-filmed-BBC-building-London.html

So should this happen in the near future, don't fall for it (remember this post).

Project Blue Beam is a plan by the New World Order to stage a mass alien invasion using very advanced holographic technology. To the average person it will look like thousands of angry alien spaceships descending onto Earth in what will appear to be an invasion. To cut a long story short, the “powers that be” will announce that the only way we can survive and win against a superior enemy is to unite under one flag, one government and eventually, one religion. Suddenly the tide will turn and we will beat the alien aggressors into retreat. The New World Oder, One World Government will come out of the so called conflict smelling like roses and looking like the saviors of humanity. People will bow at their knees and lineup when they say you need a chip in your arm to make sure you aint no stinky alien.

The plans for Project Blue Beam was first broken by Canadian, investigative journalist Serge Monast in 1994. By 1996 more and more people started investigating Project Blue Beam, and Monast died very suddenly from a heart attack. Yes, you guessed it – the CIA’s favourite assassination method.

Many sites like the NSA funded Rational Wiki try and slander Monast as a loon, a queer and an odd ball “conspiracy theorist” that went off the rails. That’s when I knew for sure that Monast was on to something!

Now jump to 2010 / 2011. I have noticed that their favourite brainwashing branches – Hollywood and Fox have been very busy conditioning people for the alien invasion. Movies around this genre had been coming thick and fast in that last 6 months:

Hollywood

* November 2010 - Skyline – aliens attack, we can’t beat them - all seems lost

* November 2010 - Monsters – aliens have already attacked (6 years earlier), we can’t beat them – all seems lost…

* March 2011 - Battle Los Angeles - aliens attack, we can’t beat them - all seems lost – Marines save the day

Cable / Fox

* May 2011 - National Geographic When Aliens Attack - series about “what would happen” not IF, but WHEN aliens attack. This one sent chills down my spine when about halfway through we are getting our butts kicked then they actually say “The only way to win is to form One World Government”. The humans eventually win by using very low tech attacks. Sounds like they are getting us used to the ridiculous reason they will give us for how they defeated the aliens.

* July 2011 - Falling Skies – series about post invasion, aliens attack, we can’t beat them - all seems lost

In almost all of these movies the common theme is that the aliens invaded Earth for our resources. This will help people to rationalize the fake invasion when it comes.

As you can see, in the last 6 months they have been very busy conditioning people for:

* Hostile alien invasion for resources

* Earth’s armies will be overwhelmed by superior fire power

* Major cities will be lost

* Just when it looks like it can’t get any worse…

* The One World Government will save the day!

* The aliens will retreat and those that are left will rebuild a New World, in that vision of the New World Government

* No more borders

* New One World Currency

* New One World Religion

* New “everybody” gets a chip in their body (and they will love it!)

So my point is, if you see a mass alien landing, invasion or light show in say, October / November 2011, do not get suckered in. It will be a sound and light show designed to confuse and terrify the masses.

Bunker down. Have enough food and water to last several weeks and try and hold out. If enough people turn their backs on their little show they will have no choice but to pull the plug and try something else at a later time.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread742553/pg1 Edited by awake_eagle

I think Krugman is right. My own calculations estimated that the fed would have to expand its balance sheet to the neighbourhood of 15 trillion to get out. Krugman argues the fed should expand it to 10 trillion.

But even Krugman said its unlikely the political will is there to do it. So we got an expansion from an anemic 800 billion at the start of the crisis to around 3 trillion now. And the results have been abotu what I would expect from such an expansion. The loss of jobs has stopped, but not enough to pick up any of the unemployed, or even create jobs for the new entrants to the job market through immigration and natural population growth.

America didn't get out of the great depression until truly huge government spending and printing stepped in. By 1942 they were running a deficit of 30% of GDP. That would be equivalent to a deficit of 4.3 trillion today.

There are other issues that are non-monetary in nature. National governments were capable of taking great action in the 1930's. Some programs putting over a million men to work on constructive projects within a short period. 60 years of social democracy has taken its toll.. its not clear whether the US government has the capability to actually run large endevours. (except the military).

Next up, in the 30's there wasn't a mountain of regulations and laws stopping basically every avenue of potential development.

So long story short, there was an underwhelming monetary response, and virtually no response to the problems of the entrenched social democratic state. So we are headed back into recession or worse.

Rick Perry looks likely to be the next President and he is talking about dealing with the over-regulation.

I think Krugman is right. My own calculations estimated that the fed would have to expand its balance sheet to the neighbourhood of 15 trillion to get out. Krugman argues the fed should expand it to 10 trillion.

But even Krugman said its unlikely the political will is there to do it. So we got an expansion from an anemic 800 billion at the start of the crisis to around 3 trillion now. And the results have been abotu what I would expect from such an expansion. The loss of jobs has stopped, but not enough to pick up any of the unemployed, or even create jobs for the new entrants to the job market through immigration and natural population growth.

America didn't get out of the great depression until truly huge government spending and printing stepped in. By 1942 they were running a deficit of 30% of GDP. That would be equivalent to a deficit of 4.3 trillion today.

There are other issues that are non-monetary in nature. National governments were capable of taking great action in the 1930's. Some programs putting over a million men to work on constructive projects within a short period. 60 years of social democracy has taken its toll.. its not clear whether the US government has the capability to actually run large endevours. (except the military).

Next up, in the 30's there wasn't a mountain of regulations and laws stopping basically every avenue of potential development.

So long story short, there was an underwhelming monetary response, and virtually no response to the problems of the entrenched social democratic state. So we are headed back into recession or worse.

Rick Perry looks likely to be the next President and he is talking about dealing with the over-regulation.

Denninger said it would take $25trillion. But it would also cause the dollar to fall to 6% of its current value and gas would cost $25 a gallon, and people would starve. So its not going to happen, instead we'll slowly tread water, with defaults along the way. Much like Japan. I figured the implication is the dollar might be 6% of its current value in a few decades.

Rick Perry? REALLY? Close my eyes and its like Bush is president again. I know Obama is worse than useless, but worse than Bush?

From the guardian link.

Rising greenhouse emissions could tip off aliens that we are a rapidly expanding threat, warns a report.

Scraping the barrel when they have to use that sort of argument to bolster their green tax rake.

Even the guardian turning into the Daily Mash.

There have been rumours on a lot of forums and blogs that the 'elite' has indeed planned a fake alien invasion light-show for humanity (possibly with some real damage inflicted to selected targets to make the show more realistic), allegedly that would be a perfect excuse to create a global government (since the threat is global to all of humanity).

Ah, Alan Moore came up with that plot back in the '80s...*

* The Watchmen

If they land in an undeveloped nation and give them their technology advances there could be a real change in the balance of power :o

I can see the headlines in the express already:

Aliens to boost Somalian House Prices

This effect will provide a welcome fillip to Maidstone, a source says

If they land in an undeveloped nation and give them their technology advances there could be a real change in the balance of power :o

Didnt we do that a few hundred years ago, and, lo and behold, theyre still undeveloped nations.

Well, Africa is. Asia/India not so much.

I think any aliens that might come our way and destroy us might have the right idea.

If any aliens are monitoring this thread, go for it!

I'd recommend a human specific plague, no sense in destroying the rest of the animal kingdom.

Denninger said it would take $25trillion. But it would also cause the dollar to fall to 6% of its current value and gas would cost $25 a gallon, and people would starve. So its not going to happen, instead we'll slowly tread water, with defaults along the way. Much like Japan. I figured the implication is the dollar might be 6% of its current value in a few decades.

Rick Perry? REALLY? Close my eyes and its like Bush is president again. I know Obama is worse than useless, but worse than Bush?

In Japan's case the Yen rose from something like 350 to the dollar in the 80's to 80 to the dollar today.

Currencies are a funny thing, the value of them coming from many factors. For example one of the values of a currencies is its liquidity. Both in the ability to have others accept it.. but also for others to have many ways of getting it, so they can use it to buy things from you.

So far the US has expanded the base money supply from 800 billion to just under 3 trillion. And the currency has not fallen.

I think you are right they are going down the Japanese path. We are finding out there is powerful political interests that make that choice unavoidable.

Any alien race that can master space travel in order to get here would certainly have the technology to wipe us out in about 2 minutes.

Ah, Alan Moore came up with that plot back in the '80s...*

* The Watchmen

But to be fair, that wasn't the elite, it was one man doing it with good intentions*. the 'elite' were the ones happy to wipe each other out.

*If you consider the murder of millions for the right reasons as good.

http://azizonomics.com/2011/08/16/krugman-calls-for-alien-invasion/

According to the New York Times columnist and Nobel Prize laureate, you know what would end the economic slump in 18 months? Aliens.

Paul Krugman probably feels like an alien himself these days, considering Washington is completely ignoring his unwavering arguments for more fiscal stimulus as President Obama and Congressional Republicans try to out-deficit-reduce each other. So maybe that’s why Krugman has aliens on the brain.

While talking off the cuff on Fareed Zakaria’s GPS program (Zakaria is also a TIME Magazine contributor), Krugman conjectured about what would happen if aliens landed on earth and attacked us.

“If we discovered that space aliens were planning to attack, and we needed a massive build-up to counter the space alien threat, and inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months,” Krugman says, referencing an episode of The Twilight Zone in which an alien threat was manufactured to bring about world peace.

How the fook did this person end up a Prof?

Any alien race that can master space travel in order to get here would certainly have the technology to wipe us out in about 2 minutes.

Yes but would there planet offer a Giant Squid office?

Think about the benefits of off-balance sheet economics, they might have the technology but they'll lack the accounting.

Possibly the prime minister could think the president of France stepped on his foot at a summit of world leaders and take great offence to it. And it could escalate from there in back and forth insults into a total war with France. Then both us and France could deficit spend on military enough to get the economy going.

http://azizonomics.com/2011/08/16/krugman-calls-for-alien-invasion/

How the fook did this person end up a Prof?

Its funny because its just so inane. Krugman could have just as easily said

“If we decided to dig the deepest hole in history, 1 mile wide and 1000 miles deep, by hand, to ensure no unemployment, and inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months,

or

“If we decided to make the worlds largest elastic band ball and inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months"

I always thought economics should exist to improve peoples standards of living.

Krugman thinks economics exists purely to exhaust all of earths resources at the fastest rate possible, through any folly possible.

Its funny because its just so inane. Krugman could have just as easily said

“If we decided to dig the deepest hole in history, 1 mile wide and 1000 miles deep, by hand, to ensure no unemployment, and inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months,

or

“If we decided to make the worlds largest elastic band ball and inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months"

I always thought economics should exist to improve peoples standards of living.

Krugman thinks economics exists purely to exhaust all of earths resources at the fastest rate possible, through any folly possible.

FT has this article as well, and with some very englightned comments:

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2011/08/25/662171/aliens-to-save-the-global-economy/#comments

"What I suggest is they build a great tower over Washington, which they could name Keynes Folly. The initial plan would be to make it 500 metres high. If by the end of it, if the recession is still not over, they could double the height, and simply repeat the process until either the problem is fixed, or it collapses and crushes the entire capital under the weight of its lunacy."

"What I suggest is they build a great tower over Washington, which they could name Keynes Folly. The initial plan would be to make it 500 metres high. If by the end of it, if the recession is still not over, they could double the height, and simply repeat the process until either the problem is fixed, or it collapses and crushes the entire capital under the weight of its lunacy."

:lol: