House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gavin1927

Using Redrows 'consultant'

Have come across a house that has recetnly come back onto the market, went to view it yesterday and myself & my girlfriend love it. Now when we spoke to the agent she said we need to speak to their consultant first to make sure we qualify etc (I'm guessing they will offer what they can mortgage wise). It is then up to us what we do after we put the reservation fee down.

Any ideas if they are any good finance wise? Or am I better off going with my own financial advisor/mortgage?

Have come across a house that has recetnly come back onto the market, went to view it yesterday and myself & my girlfriend love it. Now when we spoke to the agent she said we need to speak to their consultant first to make sure we qualify etc (I'm guessing they will offer what they can mortgage wise). It is then up to us what we do after we put the reservation fee down.

Any ideas if they are any good finance wise? Or am I better off going with my own financial advisor/mortgage?

Always best to shop around to get the best deal, no different to any household/non household purchase.

Dont see them, how this works is

You like property and want to offer say 200k

You go see advisor who works out you can afford 250k

You then offer your 200k (this has been pre-declined because they now know you can afford 250k)

The decline comes back with something like "we can secure it for you if you go to 215k" you both love it, so you roll over

Boom you have been CONNED out of 15k

Tell the agent your offer, if they refuse to pass it on until you have seen their consulatant, explain that is against the law to do that, then go knock on the door of the property and make you offer direct

I can almost guarantee you will be better off with your own financial advisor/mortgage, i wouldnt even consider using a joint one with an EA as if they were any good they wouldnt need to pair up to get business

Sneaky sneaky.

The property is a new build and no-one has yet lived in it. The properties (3 bed) were up starting from £133,995 but since the previous people have pulled out it is now on for £121,995. Now if they turned around and tries to put the price up I would tell.them to shove it.

I wonder if I could negociate this price down??

Sneaky sneaky.

The property is a new build and no-one has yet lived in it. The properties (3 bed) were up starting from £133,995 but since the previous people have pulled out it is now on for £121,995. Now if they turned around and tries to put the price up I would tell.them to shove it.

I wonder if I could negociate this price down??

Without meaning to sound funny! Why wouldnt you?

The price is what they would like for it, they will get what someone is willing to pay

Why not be the guy who pays low and saves himself some money, worse case they say no so if YOU want to you up your bid to 121 eventually

Yea that's fair enough mate, I have always wondered if bigger companies like redrow would actually considering selling for less. I don't intend going in straight away and paying the £121,995 - I can feel a few cheeky bids coming on

Glad to hear it

Also, dont forget, your bids arent cheeky, what is cheeky is them asking 120k for something that probably cost them 20k to build