House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ingermany

Looters Named And Shamed

Telegraph

Town Hall chief executives have seen their pay packets rise by as much as £17,000 while cutting front line services, including libraries, care for the elderly and bin collections.

Lot of Tory run Councils on that list of high paid chief executives. Why are not the ruling party getting their own Councillors to slash their top employees pay ? Why do we even need County Councils providing an intermediate layer of local government ? They are too remote from people to be truly 'local' and too far from the centre to provide much influence on national policy. There is not a single function they do that could not be devolved either to existing District Councils or taken up by central government departments.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

I suppose it is easy to pay yourself more when you are the ones holding the cheque book......they should not be getting away with this....council tax payers who are paying for it have a right to question their extortionate pay packets....they should be held accountable for every penny they pay themselves.... ;)

Town Hall chief executives have seen their pay packets rise by as much as £17,000 while cutting front line services, including libraries, care for the elderly and bin collections.

But, but, but, I thought front line services were safe? :blink:

Cameron's double standards, one rule for the feral looters and another for his looting chums.

I suppose it is easy to pay yourself more when you are the ones holding the cheque book......they should not be getting away with this....council tax payers who are paying for it have a right to question their extortionate pay packets....they should be held accountable for every penny they pay themselves.... ;)

:lol: anybody who holds the government accountable is a terrorist.

But, but, but, I thought front line services were safe? :blink:

Cameron's double standards, one rule for the feral looters and another for his looting chums.

And that is why the 50% tax band will go.Millionaires' Row voting themselves what will be effectively a further 10% pay rise.The Libyan rebels are showing us the way forward.

It's funny how people seem to think all these issues we face now are due to the tories.

And funny how some people think that a banker with a red puppet on one hand and a blue puppet on the other is modelling democracy.

Who really cares any more which group of banking stooges is in office?- have you not heard them both speak of their master in reverential tones of awe- it's 'the markets' who must be appeased- the 'markets' who rule your fate- not some punch and judy show for children.

Time to grow up.

Edited by wonderpup

Not a surprise is it? Though they do have a hard job to do.

What made me laugh (angry) was the rushing though of the Manchester super council body (AGMA) replete with self-satified, pompous bigwigs before the last election (minimum consultation of course), so that the the Tories couldn't stop them.

There is no end to the greed I'm afraid. A committee here, a committee there, places of a boards. There is nothing remotely special about these people.