House Price Crash Forum

Gold $8000 Oz

HOLA441

Bob Chapman : well you heard the song up up and away . that's just the way it is going to be , one of the psychological aspects of this and these people are very good at this , JP Morgan Chase came up a couple of days ago and said Gold is going to $2500 by the end of the year , here there are with the largest short position , naked short position in silver and silver usually runs with Gold , what are they up to ? , what they are up to is this : they are trying to set up a barrier at $2500 because they think on the short term before the end of the year it could go higher than that , they are trying to set a psychological new ceiling , it is just common sense and understanding the criminal mind , if you want to find out what they are doing you have to think like a criminal ...that's what they are trying to do here , they are not frightened about gold they know it is going to $8000 , they are just as smart as we are , but they want it to go as slowly and incrementally as possible...

HOLA442
HOLA443

:unsure: Don't you think I would rather buy at todays price of $1,900 oz ?

HOLA444
HOLA445

I disagree. I have a lot of respect for Bob Chapman, and I'm sure many other people do. Right now is the time to get as much information out as possible.

I'm sure you post many things I may think are ******** but I keep my opinions to myself.

HOLA446

I disagree. I have a lot of respect for Bob Chapman, and I'm sure many other people do. Right now is the time to get as much information out as possible.

I'm sure you post many things I may think are ******** but I keep my opinions to myself.

Dont keep your opinions to yourself. I am more interested in the opinions of those that know what they are talking about. That may not be you, but I would rather hear opinions from traders than spiel from the media or big boys.

Doesnt matter how much you love bob, $8000? do you not do charts?

I like metals, I hold a lot of gold and silver but I am realistic about things but do try to temper the bullishness of nubes that they dont get caught up at at a high and fked over.

There must be hundreds of noobs that got caught up with $50 silver going to $75 or $100. It was rising and there was no end in sight. Those of us that know what we are talking about not only warned but made a lot of money going short when it was painfully obvious.

HOLA447
Those of us that know what we are talking about not only warned but made a lot of money going short when it was painfully obvious.

Painful is when you short at $1400 and it goes up to $1600. So you short some more and it goes up to $1700. So you short some more and it goes up to $1900. While the concept is obvious, the entry point isn't... unless you can educate us?

edit: short not buy

Edited by nice tuna sandwich

HOLA448

Painful is when you short at $1400 and it goes up to $1600. So you short some more and it goes up to $1700. So you short some more and it goes up to $1900. While the concept is obvious, the entry point isn't... unless you can educate us?

edit: short not buy

I meant shorting silver at $50, it was painfully obvious, many of us knew it, and I did very well.

On the gold front, I made £5k shorting it around march '09 sometime but have always been a buyer of coins.

I started buying physical at $400 and wont be selling that.

At these prices though, massively overbought, you dont think that I should be selling paper gold?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Sure, I would if I held any. Shorting takes more cojones though

I guess that depends on who you are, how you are invested and over how long.

The market is a bull but it is way overbought. Depends on your trading outlook, longterm is up but shortterm is due a correction.

We can never discuss these things sensibly because there arent enough threads and there arent enough people that can understand who is saying what.

We need a day trader thread, a trader thread, an investor thread and a general thread.

HOLA4411