House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cartimandua51

Aa Try-On

I recently received a renewal notice from the AA breakdown service - relay, at home & roadside for 4 person family driving any vehicle - for £301 p.a Checked online - new members offer £179 per year. RAC equivalent £164pa. :angry:

So I rang them up and a very bored voice with no trouble at all cut it to £156pa when I said I wasn't happy.

Result, but how many people get ripped off? Even car insurance quotes aren't usually halved on complaint!

I recently received a renewal notice from the AA breakdown service - relay, at home & roadside for 4 person family driving any vehicle - for £301 p.a Checked online - new members offer £179 per year. RAC equivalent £164pa. :angry:

So I rang them up and a very bored voice with no trouble at all cut it to £156pa when I said I wasn't happy.

Result, but how many people get ripped off? Even car insurance quotes aren't usually halved on complaint!

...in recent years I have noticed how service/insurance type Cos charge as much as they think they can get away with hoping that people are too complacent, apathetic, lazy, hoping they think that is the going price that can't be changed, don't care, unaware or can afford to pay the price.....

Question everything...accept nothing, walk if necessary...blooming hard work, it shouldn't be like that...but it is...I suppose the ones that pay the higher prices are subsidising the ones who question it. ;)

Sorry have to tell you this Cartimandu, but I also argued the toss, with the AA and got the cover reduced to 95 quid.....[i have been with the AA for a few years though]

Sorry have to tell you this Cartimandu, but I also argued the toss, with the AA and got the cover reduced to 95 quid.....[i have been with the AA for a few years though]

:angry: :angry:

So have I. Was that Roadside, Relay & Recovery; personal cover 4 family members, any vehicle? If so, perhaps I'll have another go at them - doesn't come into effect for another 6 weeks so I've got time.