House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
grandmaster

Sales Missing From Land Registry?

I'm looking to buy a house in a small Essex village called , I see a total of only eight sales for the village and only one (!) on the newer Hospital development for the entire year. And that isn't the repossession property.

Any idea what's going on? How much "lag" can there be on the Land Registry?

If there is only one actual sale on this development all year, this gives me a lot of bargaining power.

IIRC the time for registering a sale on the land reg is 90 days and some repos don't go on {sold at auction?}

You can also pay at the land reg web site for a single search on a house I think it`s about £6 for a basic search or £14ish for the one with bell`s and whistles

The delay is 2-3 months, but reposessions don't generally get published because they are not free market sales. The sale will complete, and doesn't require a buying and selling party to agree its true market value.

My house was a repossession its sale price has not been published on the land registry. To do so would indicate that other houses neighbouring would be worth that amount, whereas to do so would undervalue them by 15-20%, which is probably a realistic normal transaction price.

Thanks for that. So we're basically looking at two sales in 2011 then from the new development, and according to Rightmove there are 16 for sale at the moment and eight that have been taken off the market. Holy crap...

It may actually be three sales as a house has just gone Sold STC, but the same property went Sold STC a month ago, then came back onto the market.

Thanks for that. So we're basically looking at two sales in 2011 then from the new development, and according to Rightmove there are 16 for sale at the moment and eight that have been taken off the market. Holy crap...

It may actually be three sales as a house has just gone Sold STC, but the same property went Sold STC a month ago, then came back onto the market.

It's the same around here (south hampshire), but it has been since 2007. Prices drop slowly and the same homes come and go from the market. People aren't willing, capable or motivated to drop their price. They want best price, because, after all they are either up to their neck in it or they'll have to fork out just as crazy a price for their new home.

Sometimes houses would disappear from the market and come back a week or two later at a higher price! And every so often, there is a flurry of sales. Easter comes around, or the end of stamp duty or a flurry of houses will be 100x average wage in 45 days time daily express stories.

I signed up to receive emails with local registrations to my home postcode. Last month I saw a new registration for a property and was surprised as I knew it wasn't on the market, nor had it been since I moved to the village. I looked closer, the new entry was ended - Sold for £52,000 on 11-10-2002 in other words they hadn't submitted the sale to the LR for 9 years or the LR had just found the paperwork and added it hoping no-one would notice.

I signed up to receive emails with local registrations to my home postcode. Last month I saw a new registration for a property and was surprised as I knew it wasn't on the market, nor had it been since I moved to the village. I looked closer, the new entry was ended - Sold for £52,000 on 11-10-2002 in other words they hadn't submitted the sale to the LR for 9 years or the LR had just found the paperwork and added it hoping no-one would notice.

Just because the sale price has only just made it to the price paid database published by a third party, does not necessarily mean that the house sale has only just been registered by the Land Registry.

The Land Register and the property price paid information data set that people have signed up for are two different things albeit derived from the same data.

Hi all,

In our small village in Kent we know of three houses that have sold in mid 2010, none of which have appeared in Land Registry yet!

Pretty sure one was at a spectacular drop from asking price, as they were pretty eager to go and had big incomes.

Just being unashamedly nosy really, that is what us village neighbours specialize in!