House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inflating

Hollywood Comes To Scotland To Film - Streets Get Closed Off

Falkirk Council said that it would be closing Wholeflats Road, between the Wholeflats Roundabout at Grange Road as far as the Inveravon Roundabout (at the junction of the A904) on Saturday evening.

In addition, there will be no access to or from Wholeflats Road, from the Jinkabout Bridge, as well as from and to Inveravon Rd.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14599425

Are we all so star struck that it's for public safety reasons? Else why are the public, residents, motorists and assorted council tax payers supposed to endure road closures because a film with Brad Pitt is being made?

No doubt the media luvvies on this forum will jump to their defence, but it does seem remarkable as to how much preferential treatment a camera and a few actors can get,and absolutely bugger the rest who may want to go about their business

They are getting paid a lot of money. That is about it. Centre of Glasgow has had many streets shut off for almost a week now. Council expect to make 2 mill from it.

They are cash whores and don't care how they get it.

Also, Glasgow is full of very believable "zombies"! ;)

They are getting paid a lot of money. That is about it. Centre of Glasgow has had many streets shut off for almost a week now. Council expect to make 2 mill from it.

Yes, I would like to have heard them say to the tax payers we will be getting £2m and can we have a vote or at least some suggestions in the box on how you want your servants at the council to spend it

:D

Yes, I would like to have heard them say to the tax payers we will be getting £2m and can we have a vote or at least some suggestions in the box on how you want your servants at the council to spend it

Sorry. The council will waste spend it in any way they see fit.

Not for a movie set in America. I saw a posting looking for zombie extras a while ago and from what I remember shambling Scotsmen weren't high up the list.

I've just been watching some documentary about poor children in the Gorbals. Horrendous tower block housing - riddled with dreadful damp and black mould. If only that cash was going into fixing it. If only any cash was going into fixing it.

I've just been watching some documentary about poor children in the Gorbals. Horrendous tower block housing - riddled with dreadful damp and black mould. If only that cash was going into fixing it. If only any cash was going into fixing it.

Mostly gone now. One left at the swimming pool and that's it.