House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
j1979

Buying Chinese Yuan Online

Dose anyone know a way buy and hold the Chinese yuan?

either to open a bank account from the uk or hold some other form of digital money. Is is possible to have a forex account without leverage only buying fees? or a way to hold this currency without physically going to the buero de change ? not for travel purposes but just as a speculative investment.

any ideas?

Dose anyone know a way buy and hold the Chinese yuan?

either to open a bank account from the uk or hold some other form of digital money. Is is possible to have a forex account without leverage only buying fees? or a way to hold this currency without physically going to the buero de change ? not for travel purposes but just as a speculative investment.

any ideas?

http://www.bocukltd.co.uk/

Go to their london branch and they will do it...

http://www.bocukltd.co.uk/

Go to their london branch and they will do it...

So how exactly does this work ?

if I wander in there with with a cheque for say £5k from my UK current account,

* Will they just open a current or savings account for me, converted into Yuan ?

* Is there a charge for the conversion ?

* and what about withdrawal or account closure, would there be another charge to convert back to £ cash or cheque ?

Silly basic questions I know, but I'm interested in the small details, as I really am actively looking into how I can get my savings out of cash / Sterling as the Inflation / negative interest rates are beginning to bite a bit now, and I reckon long term the only way is down for the £ against most of the Eastern currencies.